• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

cold sores

Bells
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
if you get them, how do you deal with them? my worst experience is when i got chicken pox again when i was 11 and like 20 appeared on my lips. i woke up today and one is on the side of my bottom lip, and usually when they disappear another one appears somewhere. i get them when i'm stressed or when i have a cold, or a little bit of a runny nose.
i just want to know effective ways to deal with them, i usually don't have much luck with the things i look up on the internet. i leave it alone quite well too, even though it can drive me crazy.

I haven't had them in so long that I forgot how to deal with them (pls no jinx). When I was a bit younger I got them quite often.

I don't get them often but I've dealt with them in the past by swirling warm salt water in my mouth a few times per day. Just add a half teaspoon of salt in a cup of water. That's the only method I've used other than ice for pain. I hope they heal quickly for you!

I used to get these whenever the weather was rly cold for some reason (literally why it's called cold sores for me). What helps me is this medicine called Abreva. It works much better if you catch it early though but still pretty good even if you don't catch it early. Other than that make up helps conceal the redness and sometimes chapstick helps a little as well.

ehh?? i dont think ive ever gotten one wut

- - - Post Merge - - -

what causes them? is it viral or something?

Last edited:
Cold sores and fever blisters are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). This virus is passed from person to person by saliva (either directly, or by drinking from the same glass or cup) or by skin contact. Cold sores usually appear as clusters of tiny blisters on the lip. About 8 out of 10 people have the virus that causes cold sores. Most people are first infected before they are 10 years old.

I never had cold sores, but I have these canker sores once in a while because of my two mishaped canine teeth (made to look like vampire teeth) keep tearing at my lip, which really sucks.

Back