Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mint
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
So I'm absolutely in love??? People say they hate the fishing in Stardew Valley but I love it almost more than I love the mines in the game. It's nice to sit by the ocean and just.. Fish. Plus you make quite a bit of money from it and the fishing shop is right there. I dunno if I'll continue to like it, though, since I just started my game like yesterday.

I LOVE Stardew Valley, but I haven't played it in a while.
The fishing mechanic (for me at least) requires concentration, and can be a bit stressful.
It takes some getting used to.

the fishing is my least favourite part of the game. I made a new save a while back and I'm like level 10 in everything except for fishing where I'm not even at level 4.... It's so annoying and boring, idk i just really dislike it. i love almost everything else about the game but everything about fishing is Bleh

Some of the fish are ridiculous, like there's no possible way to catch them because the bar moves in such a ridiculous way, but other than that I'm pretty much cool with fishing. It's a nice thing to do if I need some quick cash and its relaxing.

I LOVE Stardew Valley, but I haven't played it in a while.
The fishing mechanic (for me at least) requires concentration, and can be a bit stressful.
It takes some getting used to.

They explained it pretty weirdly at first but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I can do it while moving my laptop somewhere else and it's actually pretty therapeutic for me. Ut's got like the exact opposite effect that it gives you, haha. xD

the fishing is my least favourite part of the game. I made a new save a while back and I'm like level 10 in everything except for fishing where I'm not even at level 4.... It's so annoying and boring, idk i just really dislike it. i love almost everything else about the game but everything about fishing is Bleh

I just started a new game and by day 18 I'm lvl 5 in fishing but not anything else x'D

Some of the fish are ridiculous, like there's no possible way to catch them because the bar moves in such a ridiculous way, but other than that I'm pretty much cool with fishing. It's a nice thing to do if I need some quick cash and its relaxing.

Yeah, it's pretty great! But like.. I've never encountered the problem with the ridiculous bar moving. The Eel gave me some problems at first but only because I was caught off guard. Other than that I've only missed like 1 or 2 fish after getting down the core mechanic.

I hate fishing in SDV. I think it's the worst fishing mechanic I've ever experienced in a video game, and I've played many video games. I was OK with it at first, but trying to catch The Legend and the other super rare fish just annoyed me.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to ever play vanilla (unmodded) SDV anymore. I purposely installed an easy fishing mod because I can't stand the fishing. (Note: I am playing the PC version, which is very easy to mod.)

I hate fishing in SDV. I think it's the worst fishing mechanic I've ever experienced in a video game, and I've played many video games. I was OK with it at first, but trying to catch The Legend and the other super rare fish just annoyed me.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to ever play vanilla (unmodded) SDV anymore. I purposely installed an easy fishing mod because I can't stand the fishing. (Note: I am playing the PC version, which is very easy to mod.)

Yep, I modded that too. It was impossible to fish with the vanilla mechanic... what were they seriously thinking "Oh hi let's add the most annoying difficulty and mechanic to an important aspect lol" And yeah PC player here as well. I've not tried the Switch version.. but still what were they thinking?

Last edited:
I found the fishing really difficult at first, but eventually I got the hang of it and now I really, really enjoy it. Getting access to better rods, lures, bait, and food that increases fishing skill were really helpful in catching the especially challenging fish, like the Legend. I like that overall, I pretty much have the hang of it, but that there are still some fish at that will challenge me. I still occasionally fail, which keeps it interesting.

personally i'm a fan of the fishing minigame
sure, the momentum mechanic can be annoying at times, and most of the harder fish tend to jerk around making it virtually impossible to perfect them, but i still spent hours fishing
granted i had a mod installed that stopped time around 12:30 AM which allowed me to actually go to such lengths, but i never bothered with the easy fishing mods

I absolutely hate the fishing. I always mod it when I play Stardew. It's the worst fishing mechanic ever.

Back