• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Omg just learned about the Texas shooting. What's wrong with this world...

PunchyTheCat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lump of Coal
Winter Mittens
Cherry (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
3rd worst US shooting in modern history. Uhhh... after NYC truck attack, AND Vegas?!?! ML. Trump should do something.

trump: "sorry for the losses of these lives, the person behind the gun was a bad person very deranged"
that's all i've seen him do about things like this, so i don't think he's going to do much

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I hadn't even heard about this! :( Absolutely horrific. There were children killed. Deepest condolences to anyone affected by this cruelty... :(

Yeah, America is dangerous now :(

Unfortunately, it always has been. In Chicago just about every day multiple people are killed. It's so common that it takes a mass murder by one individual to garner major coverage. It's sad.

All these mass shooting are totally preventable but every time someone brings up gun control, people get all up and arms thinking they are trying to take their guns away. These shooting are no longer surprising to me. To me every time I hear about a shooting I'm like 'Oh, it's another shooting. Okay.' Don't get me wrong, I get angry when I hear about them because again, they can be prevented but no longer am I surprised.

yes, something needs to be done but again, every time someone tries to do something, the NRA either blocks it or people get mad. And it's frustrating.

And they turn it into some media sensation by talking about it non stop. And on top of that, they focus more on the shooter than they do the victims AND they turn it into some kind of comparison by calling the Vegas shooting 'the worst mass shooting in modern US History.' Why even label it that? It's a senseless shooting that didn't need to happen, deadliest or not. It's not any less or more deadly than other senseless mass shootings that happen in this country.

Last edited:
It may not be the worst public shooting in history, but it is the worst public shooting in Texas.

If only those 5 year olds had guns to protect themselves /s

When people aren't surprised about mass shootings anymore, it's about time something's done about them. I wish people would stop being so selfish about owning guns and think "Maybe peoples' safety is more important than a right written by a bunch of crusty old slave owners." If 50+ people dying in Vegas and 27 people dying in Texas isn't enough for you to be willing to make a sacrifice then what is? How many more people have to die for you to be open to giving up something?

Yeah, America is dangerous now :(

It was worse before. From 1960 to 1991, crime rate was going up. People connected the crime rates to the lead concentration in the air. It was also back when drugs used to be legal, which caused people to be crazy. And let's not forget the era of Prohibition, when alcohol was banned. Not just that crime rates were higher, but there was mafia violence.

Good ol' cowboy shooting, eh? Just outlaw guns already, America.

Unfortunately, gun control actually isn't going to work. It's been discussed several times.

What really needs to be done is using other preventive methods. If therapy is not enough, maybe we should put them into asylums?

Unfortunately, gun control actually isn't going to work. It's been discussed several times.

What really needs to be done is using other preventive methods. If therapy is not enough, maybe we should put them into asylums?

Weird how there's just as many mentally ill women and yet you don't hear about them shooting up nightclubs and schools and concerts and churches.

This isn't a mental illness issue and chucking every mentally ill person into an asylum because they might be dangerous is incredibly cruel.

No matter if you want to keep your guns or if you want them abolished you have to agree there is no good reason for it to be so easy for people to obtain AR-15s.

but my gunny go bye bye i cant protect myself from the dude throwing knives at me at rapid speed :<

I’ve been seeing more information about the shooting. What I learned is that he was trying to threaten his mother-in-law by going to the church she goes to. It’s not worth killing kids for ANYTHING! It’s not even worth killing people at all, especially over family conflict like what started the shooting.

This isn't a mental illness issue and chucking every mentally ill person into an asylum because they might be dangerous is incredibly cruel.

There’s no denying that my suggestion is cruel. It’s true. But our society has gotten worse already. Criminals nowadays are more ridiculous and dangerous than they were 1,000 years ago. The reason why we’re not punishing people enough to where it will deter crime is because people are appealing to ethics more. I wouldn’t mind ditching ethics if it were to torture the most heinous criminals. Would you rather have them running free and endangering more peoples’ lives, or would you rather have them suffer while the innocent have nothing endangering them?

"Thoughts and prayers out to those people" they were in a church praying how about actually taking action instead of praying for it. You don't hear about no mass shootings in other countries why? Because they have gun laws but with America it's like "ahhh that goes against the 2nd amendment sooo.." just take some action please how many more lives are we gonna have to lose for some action to finally take place.

There’s no denying that my suggestion is cruel. It’s true. But our society has gotten worse already. Criminals nowadays are more ridiculous and dangerous than they were 1,000 years ago. The reason why we’re not punishing people enough to where it will deter crime is because people are appealing to ethics more. I wouldn’t mind ditching ethics if it were to torture the most heinous criminals. Would you rather have them running free and endangering more peoples’ lives, or would you rather have them suffer while the innocent have nothing endangering them?

Now I'm not even sure what your solution is even trying to be.

Do you just want to throw in any "potentially dangerous" mentally ill person in an asylum before they've even done anything wrong? Because that is beyond abelist and disgusting and I don't wish to go into it more. We already have unjust imprisonments as it is.
Or are you saying throw all criminals into asylums? That doesn't solve anything since 1. if the threat of prison isn't enough, the threat of an asylum also won't be enough and 2. they've already killed tens of people and this does nothing to prevent further attacks.

What I'd rather have is for peoples' access to guns be taken away or become immensely stricter. If you don't add fuel to a fire it has less of a chance to burn someone.

Back