What are the chances of the next AC game being on 3DS/2DS?

Magik_Mike

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Candy
I?ve been a fan of animal crossing ever since I picked up wild world way back when I was young. Ever since I?ve played multiple games in the franchise. I really enjoy the game, like most of you but I?m just wondering if the next game will be on the DS. I know with most certainty that it will be available on the switch but I?m not exactly wanting to dish out hundreds on another device. Is there the slightest chance it will get released on both?

pretty much 0% chance id guess since if they made it for both systems they would have to hold back quite a bit on it since they can do so much more on the switch than they can on the 3ds

I doubt that they will be a new Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS. If there will be a new game (after
Pocket Camp), then it will be on the Switch only.

Dang, first pokemon now Animal Crossing. Maybe I will have to get me a switch which I don’t exactly look forward to.

It won’t happen sadly. If there’s a new game, it’d be on the switch.

I feel like they tend to make Animal Crossing games for their newest systems. I feel like they should make another ds one though. They do have a few games like Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors on multiple systems, why not just continue that so more people would be able to easily play new games how they would like. I feel like Animal Crossing works better on a hand held system because it is easier to connect with other players to trade.

Yeah, there's no way. They've already confirmed that a Switch game is in the works, and the Switch has much, much, much more capacity for . . . everything . . . than the 3DS. Just look at Breath of the Wild! They wouldn't be able to improve New Leaf much if they kept their next installment on the same console, but moving to the Switch would give them the space to add tons of new features. I don't have a Switch either, but trust me, it's better for the franchise if the next installment is a huge improvement chock-full of surprising features than if the next installment is just New Leaf+ and the fans are bored and disappointed.

Uhh. Nintendo is pretty much "done" with the Nintendo 3DS. And since the switch is portable, I don't think they'll be making a new handheld system anytime soon.

Anyway, there's always a new Animal Crossing game for every new system. So if you want another Animal Crossing 3DS, sorry, you ain't getting one.

Well than if another 3DS game is ruled out, should I look into getting a switch? Are they worth it?
I'd wait for it to go down in price unless you're dying to play Splatoon/Zelda/Mario Odyssey/Mario Kart and whatnot.

Well than if another 3DS game is ruled out, should I look into getting a switch? Are they worth it?

I don't know. I don't have one because the games look kind of boring, Stardew Valley is going to be on that but it's already on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Mario Oddesy looks really dumb, to be honest, and the other games you can either get on another console or they look boring.

I doubt that they will be a new Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS. If there will be a new game (after
Pocket Camp), then it will be on the Switch only.

I second this. Also considering that the Switch has portability functions. As for limitations with wireless play on the Switch that may pose a problem which may make the 3DS superior for the AC franchise.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So with that said I truly dont know xD

I'd wait for it to go down in price unless you're dying to play Splatoon/Zelda/Mario Odyssey/Mario Kart and whatnot.

Yeah I probably will wait for it to go down. It’s pretty pricey atm and I’ve heard it has Bluetooth issues and people have scratched the screens when putting it in the case it comes with. Ill probably get one when either the price comes down or a game I want is released for it.

Back