• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

A year from now...

StarrySkye3

Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
Do you think you'll still be playing? I want to make my second town a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, but would love for people to be able to enjoy it next year on Halloween. I also think of this when I am planning my first town. Like should I take it slow and not TT? Or do I want to get this done while I'm still interested. I just wonder if this game can really keep our interests for that long! It has so far anyway. The only other game that has kept my interest this long has been The Sims lol. I'm just curious to know if you all wonder the same. It's fun being part of a community where we are all still interested in a game that's like 5 years old lol. :)

I love the game, just not the villagers. They tend to ruin everything I attempt to do. I'm almost at the point of quitting in the hopes of an improved future game, where it's more than just lazy, whining sloths, begging for fruit.

Absolutely, it's definitely held my interest for nearly 5 years. I don't see why I'll put it down next year :)
I say go for it, try out a new theme - I am sure there'll still be people around who play and would love to visit. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun for you to design too!
I agree that it is nice to still be able to connect with players and I expect it will stay that way until a new game is released. I think the Welcome Amiibo update helped keep people interested :)
And in regards to TTing or going slow, it's your call. I don't see shame in wanting to go fast - maybe you feel really inspired right now. See how you feel as you get started - and good luck!

I love the game, just not the villagers. They tend to ruin everything I attempt to do. I'm almost at the point of quitting in the hopes of an improved future game, where it's more than just lazy, whining sloths, begging for fruit.

Aww lol I know what you mean! I love all my villagers though so I don't really mind. I've lucked out and got most of my most wanted pwp's unlocked so I'm more OK getting them some fruit lol!

Absolutely, it's definitely held my interest for nearly 5 years. I don't see why I'll put it down next year :)
I say go for it, try out a new theme - I am sure there'll still be people around who play and would love to visit. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun for you to design too!
I agree that it is nice to still be able to connect with players and I expect it will stay that way until a new game is released. I think the Welcome Amiibo update helped keep people interested :)
And in regards to TTing or going slow, it's your call. I don't see shame in wanting to go fast - maybe you feel really inspired right now. See how you feel as you get started - and good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I think I will go for it. It definitely sounds like a theme i can have fun with! I actually went through some time of not playing but I picked it back up over a year ago and I've been playing ever since. I think these forums helped me see what you can do with a town so I've been working to create my own masterpiece lol.

As you should, be as creative as you can :D You can do so much customization in this game that, personally, I'm almost never bored. There's always something to work on :blush: Go wild!

Back