• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

BOTW shrines: Did you use a guide?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
I'm down to my last 3 and I'm sure that all three are platforms only so they aren't going to set off my sheikah censor. I've been going crazy looking for them and I refuse to use a guide. I'm super tempted to though. Have you found all the shrines yet? Did you use a guide or not? I don't want hints or spoilers, I would just like to talk about your experiences. Misery loves company, as you all know lol

I've found them all without using a guide, but those last ones... I don't even wanna know how many hours I spent looking just for them. T-T Especially the very last one. The joy when I finally found it though.

The same goes for all the Stone Taluses, Hinoxes and Koroks. Finding everything in this game without using a guide is quite a task. I still haven't 100%ed it after 365 hours.

I don't use a guide to find them since I like to wander around everywhere, but I have looked up hints for solving a couple of them. A few of them are pretty hard. I'm not sure if I have all of them yet though.

I've found them all without using a guide, but those last ones... I don't even wanna know how many hours I spent looking just for them. T-T Especially the very last one. The joy when I finally found it though.

The same goes for all the Stone Taluses, Hinoxes and Koroks. Finding everything in this game without using a guide is quite a task. I still haven't 100%ed it after 365 hours.

Yeah I can't wait for the satisfying feeling of having found them all on my own! I just hope I can stumble upon them sooner rather than later.

Did you get the DLC? One of the items have been a lifesaver when it comes to finding the koroks. Totally worth it :) I think I've found around 550 or so already.

I'm down to 8 or 9 of the shrines, and i havent used a guide yet but i'm seriously considering referencing a list somebody made of how many shrines are in each region so that I can at least narrow it down and not waste too much time in the wrong areas.

i havent focused too much on koroks yet bc i seem to come across many of those when i'm searching for the shrines. i don't need to find them all, just want to find enough to expand all the item slots. i have one weapon slot left, i think two or three for bows, and a bunch for shields. i almost never use shields because i've not spent time getting good at parrying, but i think some of them are really cool looking and i'd like to be able to hang on to more shields... (wish they gave you more display pegs in your house...)

Yeah I can't wait for the satisfying feeling of having found them all on my own! I just hope I can stumble upon them sooner rather than later.

Did you get the DLC? One of the items have been a lifesaver when it comes to finding the koroks. Totally worth it :) I think I've found around 550 or so already.

Yes, the Korok mask really helped to bring up the numbers significantly. I'm gonna start playing the game again once The Champion's Ballad-DLC drops. Hopefully I can get the last Koroks then.

Absolutely. There's so many that hidden stupidly, hidden very cleverly. I was just like "eff it, I'm using a guide" lol

I'll replay once I get it again (was playing my boyfriend's copy) and try and find them all on my own. Same with the koroks.

Last edited:
Nope I'm too stubborn to use a guide. But because of that it's taken me forever to get very far in the story. I wandered around and beat a good bit of the shrines but I've only finished one divine beast. And with the new pokemon game coming out I probably won't finish BoTW any time soon.

Back