• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

purple tulips won't breed?

mitfy

court jester
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
i have two purple tulips that aren't creating any offspring. right now i have them on the beach and i've watered them every day but nothing's happening. any idea why? any tips? :V

if theyre a hybrid they cant breed i believe? I could be wrong

They breed, they grow in my other town Flora like crazy. :)

I have that problem with the pink tulips though...

Last edited:
Maybe you just have bad luck :( Have you tried fertilizer? However, I had this problem with some blue roses that I bought from someone, and I am pretty sure they were hacked because eventually I gave up and bought some more from someone else and they bred perfectly fine. :)

If you got them from someone and they were hacked then they won't breed. Hacked flowers can't breed at all, they just produce nothing or normal color flowers.

If you got them from someone and they were hacked then they won't breed. Hacked flowers can't breed at all, they just produce nothing or normal color flowers.

ah, alright. they were probably hacked then if they aren't producing anything.

ah, alright. they were probably hacked then if they aren't producing anything.

Hacked hybrids breed, but they produce white flowers. Maybe plant your hybrids in a different spot, line them up differently, use fertilizer and see what happens. If not, then just get rid of them.

The ultimate solution? Try them breeding yourself or buy some from a trustworthy, actual hybreeder.

If you intend to breed purple tulips from scratch, you'll first need to breed orange tulips from red and yellow. Once you have bred 2 orange tulips, you can continue to spawn more orange or begin spawning purple.

Last edited:
The ultimate solution? Try them breeding yourself or buy some from a trustworthy, actual hybreeder.

If you intend to breed purple tulips from scratch, you'll first need to breed orange tulips from red and yellow. Once you have bred 2 orange tulips, you can continue to spawn more orange or begin spawning purple.

thank you very much!

Back