• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

pet peeves

People who are rude annoy the heck outta me.
I'm literally one of the nicest people ever. I always smile at people and respond with positivity. I try my best to stay on everyone's good side because I love people. So, when someone gives me attitude I'm like how ??? Are you doing this to me ??? What did I do ??? I understand some people aren't the happiest but the least you could do is show some emotion other than annoyance when speaking to me? It just makes me feel horrible. :|

-When people are on their phone during church... Like seriously? You didn't have to come :/
-I too hate the sound of teeth scraping a fork. Also, when metal spoons or something scrape a metal bowl <_>
-When teachers randomly call on you in class >.>
-When people purposely squeak their shoes on the ground
-When people try to steal your food and it becomes a wrestling match >.>
-When you hold the door for someone and they don't acknowledge you
-When someone knows you're behind them and don't hold the door/ push it out so you can easily get in
-When someone sees you holding the door for them and purposely go through another door >.>

Last edited:
People who are rude annoy the heck outta me.
I'm literally one of the nicest people ever. I always smile at people and respond with positivity. I try my best to stay on everyone's good side because I love people. So, when someone gives me attitude I'm like how ??? Are you doing this to me ??? What did I do ??? I understand some people aren't the happiest but the least you could do is show some emotion other than annoyance when speaking to me? It just makes me feel horrible. :|

You are so modest, hahaha.

Some people just don't like overly nice people because they don't like people pleasers, they see it as fake and annoying.

Some people just have social issues and communication issues too so that negative energy and anxiety gives out.

Most of the time I'm like this but I'm a hypomaniac, so I have random outbursts of happiness when I'm around people I like and then it lasts until they leave or the next day, I greet people and wish them a nice day randomly along with compliments; I do this sometimes on this forum (random users or the staff) and it's its really weird. I can't help it though. I guess that's just my inner zealousness extruding it's head every so often and I feel like it's so fake, annoying and a bit of a suck-up side of myself which I hate.

So basically what I'm saying is; people may have issues and are often introverted or moody because of it, you may catch them on their bad days or they may just be a brat. Haha.

Last edited:
-When people are on their phone during church... Like seriously? You didn't have to come :/
-I too hate the sound of teeth scraping a fork. Also, when metal spoons or something scrape a metal bowl <_>
-When teachers randomly call on you in class >.>
-When people purposely squeak their shoes on the ground
-When people try to steal your food and it becomes a wrestling match >.>

I agree with pretty much everything on this list lol except the first one, because before I became of age I was one of those people who used their phones during church. :x I had been Christian for 16 years but due to some, ah, reasons, I turned atheist... Despite begging her not to, my mom continued to force me to go to Sunday school, Bible studies, and all other types of religious activities to try to convert me back and I absolutely hated it. My mom spread rumors around the church about me and people began treating me differently, saying how I was being "attacked by Satan". Being on my phone helped distract me, otherwise I would have anxiety that sometimes lead to panic attacks. ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

You are so modest, hahaha.

Some people just don't like overly nice people because they don't like people pleasers, they see it as fake and annoying.

Some people just have social issues and communication issues too so that negative energy and anxiety gives out.

Most of the time I'm like this but I'm a hypomaniac, so I have random outbursts of happiness when I'm around people I like and then it lasts until they leave or the next day, I greet people and wish them a nice day randomly along with compliments; I do this sometimes on this forum (random users or the staff) and it's its really weird. I can't help it though. I guess that's just my inner zealousness extruding it's head every so often and I feel like it's so fake, annoying and a bit of a suck-up side of myself which I hate.

So basically what I'm saying is; people may have issues and are often introverted or moody because of it, you may catch them on their bad days or they may just be a brat. Haha.

Oh no trust me, I understand people have their bad days. What I meant is that I can't stand rude people who are rude all the time. For example, coworkers or family members.
I don't see anything wrong with being a people pleaser?? I love making people laugh and just complimenting people and being happy. It's never fake, and if someone sees it that way then what can I do, you know? :/
I wasn't trying to come off as cocky when I said I was nice lol I am aware I exaggerated a bit though. x) It's late and I apologize for that lmao. The point I'm trying to get across is that I never try to purposely give anyone reason to not like me. I just can't stand when someone gives me attitude when I try to make conversation with them, or give them a compliment.

I agree with pretty much everything on this list lol except the first one, because before I became of age I was one of those people who used their phones during church. :x I had been Christian for 16 years but due to some, ah, reasons, I turned atheist... Despite begging her not to, my mom continued to force me to go to Sunday school, Bible studies, and all other types of religious activities to try to convert me back and I absolutely hated it. My mom spread rumors around the church about me and people began treating me differently, saying how I was being "attacked by Satan". Being on my phone helped distract me, otherwise I would have anxiety that sometimes lead to panic attacks. ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh no trust me, I understand people have their bad days. What I meant is that I can't stand rude people who are rude all the time. For example, coworkers or family members.
I don't see anything wrong with being a people pleaser?? I love making people laugh and just complimenting people and being happy. It's never fake, and if someone sees it that way then what can I do, you know? :/
I wasn't trying to come off as cocky when I said I was nice lol I am aware I exaggerated a bit though. x) It's late and I apologize for that lmao. The point I'm trying to get across is that I never try to purposely give anyone reason to not like me. I just can't stand when someone gives me attitude when I try to make conversation with them, or give them a compliment.

Oh, then yeah those people suck so bad. Heh. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've got one!

When people say "crippies" instead of "crisps", scum of the Earth. It's fine if you are a toddler but if you are let's say; a 35 year old man then....no, please stop.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh no! That's terrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that :O I often go to church, however, and a good portion of the people, including adults who made the choice to go to church in the first place, on their phones :/ I'm talking more about the people who made the choice to go to church on their phones. Like, in my mind, if you're going to make the decision to go to church, you should at least give them your attention :] Again, I'm sorry your experience at church wasn't very good :[

I tend to get annoyed pretty easily when someone doesn't properly back up their point of view, especially when the topic in question would benefit from doing so.

If their opinion lacks anything convincingly supporting it, then all I get is being aware of their view. Nothing else. They might as well just don't say that at all, since the opinions themselves don't provide much discussion value, if any.

That's not to ask for a super-lengthy explanation on why you adopt such thought. Coherently expanding your opinion is what I want to see, which will definitely make the interlocutor easier for me to put myself in his/her shoes and possibly learn things I wouldn't otherwise experience.

Chicks who freak out when you put whatever's on your dinner plate, between two slices of bread. o_O

Nag. Nag. Nag. :D

Last edited:
Chicks who freak out when you put whatever's on your dinner plate, between two slices of bread. o_O

Nag. Nag. Nag. :D

uh why would they do that unless it's some weird relationship thing i never experienced lol.

also yeah people pleasers are the worst.. i mean yes if you have a social job you can't just yell at people but really when they are at home/private etc. like.. chill.. pill..

also drama queen/HSP people crying and shouting and begging for like everything.. like can you please get yourself together and try not to to be like that 24/7, it's kinda hard for me to sort out what's serious and what's just your drama.

Aye dear goodness, where do I start lol

- chewing/drinking/breathing loudly
(I know most people can't help that though, I need to work on this)

- constantly being interrupted while talking
(I have a hard time speaking in general, so it's just that much more frustrating)

- others talking LOUDLY on the phone when it isn't necessary

- messy rooms/areas when it could be helped/tidied/cleaned over time

- I almost always have to arrange things a certain way for it to be presentable even just to myself omg why

- people not expecting much out of me since I'm overall a quiet and/or short person
(then again, pretty fun proving them wrong in the end)

- then there is the obvious rude people speech, but I'm sure that applies to everyone lol

etc~

Last edited:
People doing something on their phone when they know they should be payin attention to something else.

Like when I'm trying to talk to my parents and they're too busy looking at their phone and they keep saying "what?" At that point I just completely stop until they put their phone down and look at me, and if they don't then I guess I'm just not worth their time.

But yeah, it's really disrespectful but nobody seems to care.

People doing something on their phone when they know they should be payin attention to something else.
Oh boy, this so much. My friends seem to have the unfortunate habit of whipping out their phones when I'm trying to talk to them, yet they still wonder why I don't always open my mouth at all. It also really sucks when people seem like they're listening for the first five seconds and then they start to talk to someone else.

My another pet peeve is also when people try to find all kinds of dumb "reasons" to justify their rudeness towards others. One friend once said that since our conversations happen via Discord, it can't scare me in any way when he chooses to yell at me and generally act rude.

Hypocrites. This includes me sometimes, because even I can be hypocritical and I hate it when I am.

Hypocrites. This includes me sometimes, because even I can be hypocritical and I hate it when I am.

People are naturally hypocritical but being delusional, hypocritical and idiotic is annoying as hell, people like Onision are a perfect example of that.

Like when I'm trying to talk to my parents and they're too busy looking at their phone and they keep saying "what?" At that point I just completely stop until they put their phone down and look at me, and if they don't then I guess I'm just not worth their time.

But yeah, it's really disrespectful but nobody seems to care.

I second this. My boyfriend used to do this, but has come a long way from doing so when I'm trying to talk to him; if it's just casual talk, since we spend so much time together, it's meh I guess. But before it was bad. He even almost lost me once because of it (very serious argument, whips out phone). Ever since, he doesn't do it anymore. As for other friends, well, they still do.

oh my god i have a lot but loud chewers is a BIG one

Last edited:
^^^^yes so much especially when they CAN help it. i mean some people have dislocated or other jaws that makes weird sounds but when people do it for lulz or just don't think about it, ew.

Also yeah customers who don't give a **** about info signs or just walk straight into fitting rooms (you have to tell staff and get this plastic piece with how many garments you wanna try on) without notifying any of the staff like ..you can ask me or whoever there at the time, we know english also.

Back