pet peeves

I do have my fair share of pet peeves but a recent one that has cottoned on to me are odd occasions occurring in supermarkets. As I said recently, I did my weekly food shop at Tesco and I was walking down one of the aisles with my trolley and this old lady must have accidentally budged an item off the shelf. Rather than picking it up, she continued walking as if nothing happened. Why do people do this? At least have the decency to put the item back in its place, it's really not that difficult. Just pure laziness.

I've also experienced multiple incidences of people blocking their trolleys in the aisles, preventing other people from getting past. There's no consideration for other people, people just do not care. It's a shame really. What I do now is shove their trolleys out of the way as a good person would do.

People who make a "you don't know that" or make a comment about you don't know it at all/less etc. like

me: yeah it was improvisation music maybe at some parts, sounded like it
mom: yeah it's often that when people do jazz

like yeah i know that ?? i just mentioned that because you asked what kind of music it is?

- when people interrupt you
- when people use squeaky pens/scrape their nails against a wall or table
- eating or chewing loudly
- when people talk with food in their mouth (AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO COVER YOUR MOUTH WITH YOUR HAND OR JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED YOUR MOUTHFUL)
- when people turn the radio over, their excuse is "its my car"
- "deal with it"
-when people ask for equipment (eg calculator) and they "lost it". (some people actually lost it but once i saw them open their bag and it was CLEARLY VISIBLE)
- also when people read your texts (says "read") and don't reply

Last edited:
When you have an iPhone and the person you're texting has an iPhone and you know they have their read receipts on and they leave you on 'delivered.'

When you have an iPhone and the person you're texting has an iPhone and you know they have their read receipts on and they leave you on 'delivered.'

Yeah I don't have that on but I can sure tell when people do that. And yeah that "deal with it" mentality... Ugh no I'm not just gonna deal with it, if something's wrong or I don't like stuff I take actions.

Really weird one:
Open toed shoes

I don't know why, I've always been rustled by them.
I mean, they're understandable at the beach at least.

my TBT pet peeve-- when people put "updated" in the title of their threads and then leave it that way for more than a day even when there aren't any further updates...

my RL pet peeve-- people who back into parking spaces in crowded parking lots/ parking garages. that's a pretty easy way to gauge whether somebody is a self-centered *******. they're holding everyone up in line to park when the expectation is that everybody's gonna zoom forward into spaces. why? so they can zoom out of the spaces ahead of you at the end of the day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

can straight men please stop groping their girlfriends' asses in public like i'm just trying to enjoy my mcchicken on the subway or get my baskin robins 31st-day free scoop i don't need to see you weirdos getting it on and neither does anybody else

and these same guys are always the ones who would say i'd be shoving my sexuality in peoples' faces if i held another man's hand... like ok

straight girls please set your boys straight they are animals

come down to America where the straight girls grope their boyfriends' asses in public!

- loud chewing/drinking
- interrupting when talking
- when people complain over the littlest of things
- teenagers in general
- people who judge others solely off their appearance
- any kind of loud sound
- when people crack their bones on purpose
- babies crying!!
- when people look at your phone while you're on it so they're looking at everything you're doing
- i hate rubbing napkins together with my fingers. that or just paper towels in general. i just hate the touch and feeling
- touchy-feely people. i've encountered some people who just won't give you personal space or touch you like a really good friend when you don't even know them well. please, just keep your hands off me.
- oh yeah and i CANNOT STAND when people talk to you when you have headphones in. if i have them in, i clearly don't want to be disturbed.

Last edited:
I've got a thing about high-pitched clicking sounds and just repetitive noises in general, like someone typing for a really long time or thumping their fingers on something nonstop.
It drives me nuts

Getting lectured
Conceited people and know it alls
People who think they are better than everyone else
Being told, as an adult, that the things I like doing are 'silly and a waste of time' (I'm looking at my grandmother with this one)

? pretentious people.. obviously there's worse things a person can be but it sure gets boring to listen to someone who honestly thinks they're inherently better or smarter than someone else who listens to mainstream pop music or because they like to check facebook on their phone a lot or whatever.

? text on shirts, no idea why this bothers me but unnecessary text has ruined many otherwise good shirt designs. Like shirts that just have writing on them are fine, but if it's a picture of something and then there's text saying what the something is? omg. Similar to this, I also dislike clothes that have the label in a really visible obvious place in case you feel like broadcasting what brand you're wearing for whatever reason? I carefully cut the labels off when they're like this lol it just bothers me too much to look at.

? when I'm out with someone and they make some hella mean remark about some passerby's appearance (not to their face I mean) and expect me to laugh cuz I just can't do it b...

? when a good tumblr url is taken by some dummy who took it just to maybe-possibly-one day trade it for a different url

and of course my #1, being interrupted.

People who wear band shirts (or other stuff like it) when they have no idea about the band or such... Like no you are not cool wearing an AC/DC shirt if you don't even like them smfh.

Also people who misinterpret/turn down your fun remark on purpose and starts ranting about the situation.. Bruh.

I hate the sound of accidently scratching a wooden door. It is kind of like nails on a chalk board.

I also get annoyed by stupid things like if a pillow isn't straight on the couch or if you have to unfold a towel completely before you can hang it.

Another pet peeve of mine is being brought into family drama that has nothing to do with me. I watch anime, I play video games and I try to stay out of the drama but yet somehow I keep getting dragged back into it.

people who interrupt
people who don't say please and thank you
people who are impatient
people with no table manners

Last edited:
Back