Games that disappointed you

BD/SP. Its not because of the graphics or other similar arguments, its because ILCA (not Gamefreak), kept a lot of things that hindered QoL for players, especially when it came to breeding and hidden abilities...which I do most of the time. That's how I got 999.59 hours in Sword. 200 BP for HAs??? I'd rather breed in Sword and send over mons thru Home than go through the grind of the Battle Tower. The Pokeradar doesnt work in caves or with mons in water. There are so many limitations that it can just get frustrating. Breeding is also better in Sword. You get a bike sim route thats longer, two breeding facilities and high IV Dittos thru a Isle of Armor den. I've actually started to breed BD/SP mons in Sword now just send over to BD once its Home compatible.

BD/SP. Its not because of the graphics or other similar arguments, its because ILCA (not Gamefreak), kept a lot of things that hindered QoL for players, especially when it came to breeding and hidden abilities...which I do most of the time. That's how I got 999.59 hours in Sword. 200 BP for HAs??? I'd rather breed in Sword and send over mons thru Home than go through the grind of the Battle Tower. The Pokeradar doesnt work in caves or with mons in water. There are so many limitations that it can just get frustrating. Breeding is also better in Sword. You get a bike sim route thats longer, two breeding facilities and high IV Dittos thru a Isle of Armor den. I've actually started to breed BD/SP mons in Sword now just send over to BD once its Home compatible.
Okay wow now I really regret it...sans my Jirachi lol. And yeah I prefer Sword so so much more for literally everything. I can also Surprise trade and while Home sucks for GTS I don't really use it SwSh is way more playable.

Pokemon Ultra Moon. When it came out it looked like it had much more content than Moon, but in reality it had the festival plaza post game that lasted less than 3 hours and had the exact same main story but a little worse. Remember ultra megapolis? It had so much potential, but Gamefreak kind of cheaped out and made it just a straight corridor leading to the a tower.

I know someone already said Danganronpa V3 but I didnt like it very much. the game felt pretty padded, cuz it was so slow and long. especially with the trails. the plot was okay until the ending, I hate the concept of it. it's so dumb. uggggggghhhh.
at least some of the characters were cool and the music was good.
LOL what are the odds of multiple people saying the same game here. (Probably goes to show how bad the game was, jk.)

Anyway yeah same boat, DrV3 was a huge letdown for me, especially the ending. It’s such a shame because I really liked the intro chapter, I thought the twist was cool and I had high hopes it was going to live up to the intro. The middle part was okay, liked some cases and was indifferent towards others. The ending though.... sheesh. I came to play a game, not listen to like 15 mins of monologue that just recycles the same thought over and over and over. It feels like the writer wrote it for 5-year-olds or something. I actually read some analysis of the game’s ending and though seeing different people’s takes was interesting, DrV3 was poorly written because you had all these people trying to justify the ending. There’s a difference between making an analysis for an open ending and making an analysis for a poorly written ending, which I think DrV3 suffered from the latter. There was so much confusion that I think even the developers had to clarify some parts of the ending. 😬

It‘s a shame since I personally really liked the DrV3 cast. I especially have a love/hate relationship with Kokichi, he’s annoyingly lovable I guess. I also loved the twist with the very first case, probably one of my favorite cases in the series.

I got Eastward a while ago since it was a really anticipated new indie game but I haven't been able to really get into it. Usually games captivate me immediately but I was just not feeling motivated to play it. I'll probably pick it up again someday though, since I barely got an hour into the game.

I also recently played Gris and it was good but slightly disappointing. I had just finished Celeste and was hoping for another moving game but I personally found that the fact that there was no dialogue in the game to be a little confusing for me. I'm a STEM major (lol) so interpreting stories isn't my strong suit so this just may be a me problem haha...

Cyperpunk 2077: super buggy, bad writing; I didn't the controls. I thought it was neat they gave you the option to customize, you know, but I felt the face options were kind of limited. I couldn't fully tailor him to my liking

Red Dead Redemption 2: my introduction to the franchise. I gave-up after 15 minutes. I found it kind of slow and tedious

Pokemon ORAS: I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the art I miss the sprite graphics so much

Pokemon ORAS: I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the art I miss the sprite graphics so much
It wasn't terribly great even if you could get past the art style. It felt more than just a tad slapped together, and the number of genuine improvements over the original games (particularly those that were added in Emerald version) are notably few. I will at least concede that ORAS is a far better experience that what I've seen of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, but it does have an extremely similar feeling of "the same game but less interesting."

Unpopular opinions:

* Breath of the Wild​
* Jedi Fallen Order​
Still looking forward to BOTW2 though.

Could you expand on that

Here is my review for Jedi Fallen Order.

Not Recommended
44.8 hrs on record (40.5 hrs at review time)
I had originally given it a thumbs up, but after obtaining 100% game completion, I've come to realize the game flat out sucks. It leaves a lot to be desired, and falls flat in a lot of areas.

My main gripe is with how dreadful traversing the planets is. For god's sake there needs to be some kind of quick travel functionality between "meditation" points. It takes ages to go from point-to-point throughout the maps, and can take a good chunk of time figuring out how to get back to your ship.

Combat is flat out boring, and half-baked.

The in game map is god awful, though better than nothing.

There are very few planets, with some of which being tiny. The world is life less. It's like you're stuck in an apocalyptic world with some enemies. It's depressing.

The music is forgettable, and uninteresting.

Another thing that is annoying, but nothing too degrading is Cal will turn his light saber off while not in combat. WTF. Let us keep it on unless climbing and swimming.

The developers certainly were never taught "Quality over quantity". They add dozens of BB-1 skins, ponchos, and outfits, etc, but nearly 90%+ or them are not even worth using. Why not do something better for customization, like let us use the dark side Cal outfit, or play in storm trooper armor.

I am looking forward to DLC content, but DLC isn't going to save this game.
Posted November 18, 2019. Last edited December 29, 2019.

I've never written a review for BOTW, and it's been so long since I last played, I'd probably not be able to say what I need to. If I have to sum up what I don't like off the top of my head:

- Forgettable and uninteresting music. LOZ games like Ocarina of Time shine in its soundtrack, and this is something BOTW doesn't have or come close to. It can't match the magical feeling of entering Hyrule fields and other great songs.

- Combat. The combat system just isn't my cup of tea.

- Weapon durability - Single biggest flaw of the entire game. Weapon break way too easily too. A weapon durability system only encourages hoarding cool swords, and then never using them out of fear of losing them. This is the biggest reason I can't bring myself to ever return to this game after beating the story. I dread losing my weapons and having to find new ones. Games that use durability systems tend to be far more unrealistic than real life durability. Please leave durability out of action and adventure games. That stuff makes more sense for survival games.

- Storms. The rain is annoying, and the lightning is even more so.

The biggest disappointment in my life has been ACNH. It soured me on Nintendo in general. I was very loyal to Nintendo, even when they were struggling financially and would buy every AC game, no matter how bad, just to support them. I would also buy Pokemon titles even though I haven't enjoyed a Pokemon game since BW2. The final straw was SW/SH; I couldn't just buy new games blind anymore. I've heard bad things about BD/SP so I think I made the right choice. I'm watching streams of Legends: Arceus and cautiously seeing if it's worth getting.

Persona Q2. I loved the original Q game, even if the story was cliché. at least it landed well; also the interactions between the characters were funny and the stroll (was it named like that?) mechanic was nice.
PQ2 was just so boring, who in the team though it was a good idea to repeat the exact same story 5 times just with different characters? Specially considering the movie setting, they could've throw them in all sorts of situations with no problem. The mazes were super boring too since they removed all the puzzles (well, the FOES are still here, but most of them move on the same pattern and barely cause a problem), and they removed strolls (quests have way more text, but it was nice to see the characters in situations that dont involve quests).

I have more complains, but I think these are the main ones, bad story+bad maze gameplay.... The only thing that didn't disappoint me was the music, I hope Kitajoh will be more preset in mainline games from now on now that Meguro went freelance, I love what they both did in this OST.

Adding onto the other 2 games I posted about, I'd also like to mention Splatoon. I bought the game on Christmas the year it came out and had very high hopes for it. The Single Player mode was fun, if a bit short, but I expected to make up the rest of the cost in multiplayer. And it was fun. Those first few games were an absolute blast and I expected to be playing that game near daily for months to come. Then, the maps reset and booted me from the lobby, and it all went to crap. I guess the game's matchmaking system decided that if I could do well against other first-time players, I could also do well against full teams of level 50s that have been playing the game since launch. I didn't mind losing in and of itself, as even the games I lost at the start were fun. What I hated was that not only did I not stand even the slightest chance against these players, I was also essentially dead weight forcing my teams to play a 3v4 which naturally cost them the game every time. I didn't like that the game was forcing me to ruin it for every team unfortunate enough to get stuck with me, so after trying again for a few more days with the exact same results every time (matching me exclusively with max level players and costing my team the game each time), I ended up quitting and selling the game. It honestly soured me on the entire series right from the start which sucks, because I really wanted to enjoy it.

New Horizons (I can appreciate the game for what it is now and 2.0 helped alot. Other than Nook Upgrades, Tortimers island and a few other things ACNH developers did everything they could have done to fix the mistake it was. I think the game is still tons of fun though. I am just sad its not what I wished it would have been. The game is amazing though. I think the reason the developers focused so much more on designing is that they thought that was the main thing we all wanted from an AC game because of the Dream Suite and all of that but in reality we wanted that and the CORE ac experience. I could say more but I think ACNH is a great game for what it is!)

I would say Pikmin 2! I LOVED Pikmin 3 and Pikmin 1 SO MUCH. I hated the cave system in Pikmin 2. I understand alot of people loved it but it was not my cup of tea! I hope that you enjoyed it if you have played it!

In the end everyone has different opinions so lets be kind to one another and respect that 😇

I got bored of Persona 5 pretty fast, I played one Persona game and loved it. But eh, this one was ok, but not a huge fan of it.

I did like Akechi, and Yusuke though. I didn't play past Yusuke's level I think. I know the next level was with one girl with pyramids? I can't remember her name.

(I wanted to date one of the two. But its just one of those kinda games, so I went asexual lol.)

Some of the characters werent all that great? Kinda stereotypical heros. It was kinda cool how they were all dealing with something, but I was kinda bored. It was cool at first, but not as great as I thought it would be.

Also didn't like Morgana at all, I love cats, but definitely not that cat.

Back