Games that disappointed you

The most recent one was Amnesia: Memories. Nice artwork, but I honestly think pretty much all of the guys are varying degrees of creepers. I got all of the endings and went through all of the routes, hoping I'd like something but... Not really. I don't know why this game was so hyped by the otome community back before it came out because I hated it. I played this a few months ago after buying it on a Steam sale.

I've gotten pretty darn good at telling what games I might like and which I wouldn't over the years though, so this happens very rarely nowadays.

Games that disappointed me...

There's really a lot games that have disappointed me; however, it's a bit difficult for me to remember them all at the top of my head. So... I guess I'll go with whatever that I can remember at the moment. This is definitely going to be pretty tough...

1. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World - When I first had the game in my possession... I was really hyped up to see the gang back together again due to the fact that I beaten Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube. While playing the game I had to deal with the monster system instead of really having the gang being back together. It really took a long while for them to be together as a group again. That was the sole reason why I wanted to play it in the first place. They had to do it to me.... Bleh. It was kind of frustrating for me... I really wanted to stop playing the game, but I wanted to know what happens at the end and continue to strive to beat the game.

2. Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - The reason why I didn't like the game was because of the graphics. I really didn't like the way it looked, so it made it difficult to continue playing despite being a big fan of the Harvest Moon series. If they had fixed that problem then I would have been more inclined to actually play the game. Even with the game upgrade it wasn't enough to push me to want to play it either.

3. Harvest Moon DS - For this one... It was a little bit better than Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, but it was still a game that I haven't bothered to complete. For me... I felt unmotivated to continue playing the game and had to drop it completely. 'Cause of that unmotivated feeling... I just never bothered to pick it up ever again. Maybe I would haven't later on, however, I don't think I ever will at this point.

4. Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - This is a game that I bought pre-owned. I bought the game due to needing a new game to play since I tend to want a new game to play after I beat a game that I have. A problem that I have with the game is the way it is progressed. There are times where after one battle then you'll have to fight another immediately afterwards. There were times where I wanted to save my game and pretty much take a break from the game. But... I couldn't since I needed to beat those battles before I can do so. I do like the battle system though and the voice acting. Though I do wish there was more lines that were voiced.

5. Final Fantasy XIII/6. Final Fantasy XII/7. Final Fantasy XIII-2 - I don't remember much about them, but I do remember the reason why I didn't like them. I didn't like them because it no longer felt like a Final Fantasy game for me. It felt kind of weird when playing them, so I just dropped them and never bothered to pick them up again. Plus the fact that I don't think I could play them again if I no longer have them in my possession anymore. So if I wanted to play them again then I would have to get those games and that's something that I rather not do at all.

These are the ones that I've remembered so far. Though... I did hear from some of my friends about some of games that they played that were really bad that I shouldn't bother to play at all. Like Final Fantasy XV, Star Ocean 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Tales of Xillia 2. There were also Sword Art Online Hollow Realization, Sword Art Online Lost Song, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I'm kind of sure that I pretty much wouldn't be liking these games since me and my friends do have a lot of similar taste in video games.

Last edited:
Honestly, Pokemon Sun/Moon was disappointing for me as well. I didn't like the way the map was, I miss gyms (and gym badges, they were always so pretty), and I hate the Ultra Beasts. Among other things. It was still a relatively enjoyable game but it fell short for me. I'm not sure I'm going to buy USUM at all.

For me it would be Super Mario Bros 3. I love playing Super Mario especially if I'm using my Nintendo Black and White but the Super Mario Bro 3 is fun yet not as challenging as I would expect it to be. Like I am looking for more challenging levels.

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XV, Dark Souls 2 (I need to give it another fair shot), Infamous: Second Son, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. I haven't really played many disappointing games, but I think these are all of mine.

Harvest moon: the Tale of Two Towns?

I bought it for my niece at first but she got bored easily, so I decided to continue it and I get the idea why she get rid of it that quick. The game pace is slow, the characters are not memorable or unique enough for me, I legit got no interest on any bachelor/bachelorette there. The conversations are pretty dull and repetitive. Plus the frustration of going back and forth to the two towns everyday tired me to death.

Anyone played this game? Please tell me that I'm not the one who got disappointed by this game :'D

Pok?mon Sun/Moon as well, for too many reasons.

Also Monster Hunter games, at least the 3ds ones I tried (3U, 4U). I really don't get the appeal with a crapton of tutorials and too much cluttery layout and weird camera angles for the controllers. I'm lowkey curious of Stories, but idk.

i agree on pokemon sun and moon. i didnt really like the world and the story was a bit Meh :<

Yeah, I just prefer the old styles to the games, and their annoying monitor policy they have on it (like those dumb bans YOU get if someone else try to use tricks and glitches on the GTS etc.)

And the fact that they hid it worked worse on the older models, lol. :|

Skyrim's the main one coming to mind atm. I never got past the tutorial - everything was so boring and the handholding killed it for me. I've heard its better after the tutorial but meh :/

Skyrim's the main one coming to mind atm. I never got past the tutorial - everything was so boring and the handholding killed it for me. I've heard its better after the tutorial but meh :/

I felt the same and stopped playing it for like 2 months until I got bored enough to come back. Spent 30 hours finishing random quests without even exploring many parts of the map. I don't play mods too though so apparently there's much more that can be accomplished in Skyrim.

As for me, I am sad I never got to like a LoZ game. I bought a link in the past for the 3DS as my first Zelda game an although it wasn't bad, it didn't really wow me much at all. I really want to like it but idk :/

In all honesty, not many games disappointed me to the level that I really don’t like them but they’ve been some games I think some more features should’ve been added to them. For example there was Mario Kart 8 deluxe. I didn’t like how there were some characters that were taken away, for example, they replaced some most wanted characters with a whole line of Bowser’s children. I didn’t like how they included a WHOLE line of Bowser’s children because there could’ve been much more characters
like Diddy Kong and Birdo, who were taken away from the game. Also, I’m not sure if this applies to all of the Mario Kart games, but I feel like these music trucks are bit more repetitive and give me a headache to be honest. They also took away some of the items compared to other Mario Kart games. For example I really enjoyed the Mega mushroom but they decided to take it away and then replaced it with new items like the Boomerang, and I don’t think that the Boomerang is very useful at all because it has the same equivalent as three shells. Also, not to mention the coins. The coins are quite a disappointment to the game because when you collect coins, the more fast you get... that is quite annoying because the game is meant for racing, not to be 10 times faster than everybody else with COINS. That’s why they have the CC.

This game didn’t frustrate me much, but I still have not very good feelings about it even though I play it a lot. It’s actually AC:pC (and I’m also afraid that I’m meant to post this in the AC:pC section but this thread is in here so okay). So AC:pC is pretty much a rushed game to me, I mean, it did come out early for Australia but still, I’m not very impressed. But at the same time, I do have some bias since it’s a phone game which doesn’t need to have very good graphics. And I don’t expect the game be too good at the moment as it is still developing and is in it’s early stages. Anyways onto my complaints. Unlike Animal Crossing New Leaf, this game is does not have a multiplayer option and the only way you could meet new people is by passing them by (like streetpass) or being friends with them over the Internet. You cannot play with each other live. The other thing I don’t like is the limitation of items in shops. In Timmy and Tommy’s Shop, there is only three items of furniture you can buy at a time. Same goes for the able sisters. And what’s even more frustrating is that Labelle’s Shop, Able and Sable’s Shop and Kick’s Shop are all put in the same place, therefore in a certain time they would come, and they would not be available all day. So sometimes in the morning, Able and Sable would come out. in the afternoon Labelle come, and in the evening and night Kicks would come, and then it’s arranged in a scrambled order. Another thing I didn’t like was that you could not sell furniture or clothes, and you could only sell shells, fish, bugs, and fruit. There is only four islands campers could visit, so it is very small. And when you finished all the requests then it gets a bit boring after that, and you have to wait another three hours for a new camper to come in to the island. P.S. I’m not sure if this is meant to go into the AC:pC section or not.

i had to force myself through Assassin's Creed Unity. it was so bad. and i was a huge Assassin's Creed fan at the time. (luckily Assassin's Creed Syndicate made up for it. and Origins looks promising.)

also Mass Effect: Andromeda. i looooove bioware games and the mass effect franchise, but andromeda was just... boring. another game i had to force myself through, except i never finished it. i don't have the motivation. yet i can play the others of the series many many times.

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, I was disappointed in the Nintendo DS titles. I was super excited to finally get a AC on a Nintendo system. But this was before I bought and played Altair's Chronicles. It's full of glitches, enemies take forever to kill, you get killed with one hit, the AI is horrible, you have to time your jumps... I can go on and on.

Oh my god how could I forget that huge disappointment that was Far Cry 4. My god. The ending to Far Cry 3 was a disappointment too. The game was great, I loved it, but the ending sucked so badly.

The Dragon Quest 7 remake.
I thought it'd be good but... Nah...
Just basic RPG that made me feel like a sucker for buying it.

Pokemon Moon, main story was pretty good, but it gets pretty boring in the postgame. If they’re struggling to produce postgame content due to having to make everything 3D, I would be completely fine with them going back to 2D with more content.

Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity was probably the most disappointing game for me, at least it's the one that always comes to mind when I hear this question. I'm generally satisfied with the games I buy even when they're not that great but I was expecting so much better from a 3DS Mystery Dungeon. I wish Nintendo would remember that it's not just 5 yr olds that play their games. lol

I see a few people mentioning ToS: Dawn of the New World which is a little gratifying because just looking at that game disappoints me. I've never played it, Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games and I could never bear to ruin it with a crappy sequel hahah

Well, I didn't actually buy this game, because it's japan only and I don't speak japanese so I used an emulator on my phone and an english patch, but Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (The one with Roy, for the GBA) was the most dissapointing game for me EVER. I loved it's prequel fire emblem the blazing sword (also known as just Fire Emblem, the one with Lyn, Hector and Eliwood). I loved it so much I that when I finished playing it, I went right to Binding Blade. But Binding Blade dissapointed me so much. I expected at least a little bit of characters from fe7 to be in the story. Almost none were in it, or even mentioned. The story wasn't great either and Eliwood's son, Roy didn't even have it's own character really. He's just bland. To date it's my least favourite Fire Emblem game. the gameplay wasn't great either. Fe7 had variating goals, from defend this many turns to seize the throne. Fire emblem 6 had ONLY seize the throne, which I didn't like. It also wasn't an actual challenge, more like spam ambush spawns everywhere which just are not fun. Phew, I didn't expect it to turn in such a big rant, I've yet to cover other things I don't like about it too, but I guess this is enough.

Back