• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you see amiibo cards in stores anymore?

keybug55

Untitled Goose Villager
Bells
Switch
3543-1815-3219
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pavé
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Red Candy
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
I'm kinda on an amiibo card kick as of late but I don't see any cards in stores. Not even the basic series let alone the Welcome Amiibo series. I am so sad.

I'm seeing the same thing. I just got New Leaf last week via digital download after finally biting the bullet and buying a "New 3DSXL" and went out the next day looking for Amiibo cards.. I checked Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Game Stop and came up empty. I found a couple Amiibo figures (Nook and Mabel) but that was it.

I asked on reddit and someone suggested Toys R Us, but their website shows none of the stores in this area actually carry them. Looks like it's Amazon or eBay for me.

Good Luck!!

My local Toys R Us is the only store that has them anymore. Also, a lot of people on Amazon and eBay tend to overprice the cards. I'd suggest downloading an app like Mercari where people can sell their old stuff. I've gotten a lot of specific cards from people on it!

I have seen some at Target, where I live. But right now im looking for the special villagers from amiibo figures. But im still on a amiibo hunt. :3

Hi,

I haven't seen any in stores. The best luck I've had is seeing amiibo/cards is at anime and comic conventions in the vendor's halls.

Maybe if there's an event near you, it would be worth it to check out.

My local Toys R Us are the only retailers to sell the cards anymore. Not sure if this is true (there are way too many rumors out there), but I heard Nintendo is trying to cycle out amiibos. I really hope this isn't true.

Toys R Us is only best to get an amiibo cards and figurines.. Nintendo is only care about new games now like wedding amiibo from SMO and Amiibo from BOTW..

i've only seen them once and i snatched both of the packs that were there. it's the only time i've seen them in stores. neither were a WA pack either :(

Most of the amiibo cards have been scalped and that's why they aren't available anywhere. Seriously, go and check out the Amazon page. They want like $20 for any card series and the WA cards are close to $100. It's a shame really. These are nifty cards for kids and yet adults have to ruin everything for them.

This has been a reoccurring problem for Nintendo for years now. I wanted Fire Emblem Awakening and Pikmin 3 when they came out, but Nintendo printed so few that the scalpers caught wind of it and bought the entire lot. Then they jacked up their prices to $100 or more. I wish they'd either print more to battle this or have some rule set in place so that the scalpers have to eat all of their losses. And I seriously hope they have to.

I live near the Mall of Georgia and the Toys R Us and the 2nd and Charles shops have the cards and the figures. If there is a 2nd and Charles near anyone I would suggest going there cause they do the trade stuff soo I find different things there all the time...and they are pretty cheap too.

They're no longer sold in my local BestBuy, and I think they're still at Toys R Us...probably not. Slowly disappearing.

They don't matter to me though, since I can hack my game and throw any villager in. I only really use the cards for the free gifts and in HHD.

Toys R Us is the only place I've seen them where I live. Last month I was able to get a lot of series 1-3 (4 was all out) so they're still selling them in stores. Might be harder to get a hold of them now being closer to the Holiday session though.
You might be able to buy them off the Toys R Us online site, at lest I remember seeing them there once when I was looking not to long ago.

You can buy them via Nintendo to...I just now noticed that. And for reasonable prices to boot.

I have found none in any of my local stores, not once. Only thing I've seen are the figurines, mostly the common ones

I occasionally see Series 4 at Best Buy. The other day I found every series (except WA and Sanrio, of course) at Toys R Us, they were really well stocked! I've seen some at EBGames (Canadian version of Gamestop). I've never seen the WA ones, I was on hiatus from New Leaf when all that happened :c

I haven't seen them in two+ months now. I still check every time I hop down to Target but nothing. I don't know if even Gamestop carries them anymore.

I haven't seen them in two+ months now. I still check every time I hop down to Target but nothing. I don't know if even Gamestop carries them anymore.

i've never seen them at gamestop. one time a friend and i even asked one time and they were like nah. they're so hard to find it's ridiculous like what's even the point.

Back