• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

That's it, Isabelle. You're fired!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I told her yesterday to demolish the modern bench that's next to my town hall so I can put my tower there. But I woke up this morning and the bench is still there, relaxing in the same spot. Isabelle is not doing her job.

Now I have to wait ANOTHER day for this bench to be demolished. It better be gone tomorrow or someone is going to get wrecked. This game has been getting on my nerves the last few days.

Poor Isabelle, all she wants is to see your face for another day. After you ask for something to be demolished and she does it immediately after, it could be days or weeks before she can see you again. At least with her not doing it she knows you (although not in the most pleasant mood) will be there! ):

I told her yesterday to demolish the modern bench that's next to my town hall so I can put my tower there. But I woke up this morning and the bench is still there, relaxing in the same spot. Isabelle is not doing her job.

Now I have to wait ANOTHER day for this bench to be demolished. It better be gone tomorrow or someone is going to get wrecked. This game has been getting on my nerves the last few days.

Chances are high that you've seen this already, but your post reminded me of this so I'm going to attach it anyway. lol

Poor Isabelle, all she wants is to see your face for another day. After you ask for something to be demolished and she does it immediately after, it could be days or weeks before she can see you again. At least with her not doing it she knows you (although not in the most pleasant mood) will be there! ):

LOL well if she ever left town hall she'll see me plenty but all she does is stand around in town hall all day and night. But in reality she is going to see me a lot in the next few days since I'm planning on building two benches in my town. But after the tower pwp is set up, she isn't going to see me for a while since it's going to take a long time for the tower to be paid off.

Chances are high that you've seen this already, but your post reminded me of this so I'm going to attach it anyway. lol

I have not seen that video but I'm indeed interested so I will give it a watch.

Ugh, its been irritating me too, for different reasons. I haven't had a camper in my campsite for WEEKS and I'm stuck at 9 villagers.

It's odd that the bench is still there. Every time I've demolished a project it's been gone the very next morning. And I spent a month demolishing things daily when I was redoing one of my towns. Maybe a glitch if there wasn't some event day happening in your game.

Edit: Try speaking to her and see if Demolish Project is an option.

Last edited:
Hm, that's strange. Normally, it should only take one day, I never had this situation where it needed
more days. Maybe something went wrong? I would definitely go to the town hall and talk with Isabelle.

That is strange...I've never had an issue with any of my PWPs being torn down in a day. >.>

Gracie was in town today. I don't know if her being in town would have caused it not to be demolished.

When I sat down in my mayor chair, it gave me the option to demolish it. Isabelle took 5,000 something bells from me. She'd BETTER demolish that bench.

Last edited:
I disagree with the title. Isabelle is doing her best, sometimes she forgets things but you shouldn't fire her over it.

Also watch that video, it's great

I've never heard of it taking more than a day to demolish. Maybe you hit no without realizing

I disagree with the title. Isabelle is doing her best, sometimes she forgets things but you shouldn't fire her over it.

Also watch that video, it's great

Oh no, she's fired. She wouldn't let me place my tower where I really wanted it with excuse of train tracks town plaza and rocks. She's getting on my nerves. That video was funny. I watched it earlier

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never heard of it taking more than a day to demolish. Maybe you hit no without realizing

I'm 1000 percent sure I told her to demolish the bench yesterday.

Last edited:
That's never happened to me. Once you get all your PWP send Isabelle to the RV everyday if you have her amiibo.

You can start a PWP and demolish one on the same day. Place the new PWP and don't pay any bells. Go back inside and ask to demolish another PWP. Once that's done you can pay for the new PWP. Next day you can build another one.

I did that with my bridges once I got the right bridge request. Built one and demolished one on the same day.

Gracie was in town today. I don't know if her being in town would have caused it not to be demolished.

When I sat down in my mayor chair, it gave me the option to demolish it. Isabelle took 5,000 something bells from me. She'd BETTER demolish that bridge.

I thought you said it was a bench?
Maybe you picked to wrong bench or didn't have enough bells? I've done that before.
Since I don't pay attention to dialogue, I didn't realize I didn't order it torn down.

I thought you said it was a bench?
Maybe you picked to wrong bench or didn't have enough bells? I've done that before.
Since I don't pay attention to dialogue, I didn't realize I didn't order it torn down.

It was a bench. See I was so turned around and annoyed I don't even proofread what I'm typed. It was a modern bench not a bridge. And I had 100k on me when I went to the town hall yesterday.

I edited it to avoid further confusion lol

Last edited:
That is super weird, I've never had something not get demolished, was it a holiday or something to where she couldn't do it?

So basically 3 things could have happened. And one is already ruled out

1: I didn't tell her to tear down the bench, but I've already establish that I'm 1000 percent sure I told her to tear it down. I'm not crazy. I KNOW I told her to tear it down.

2: Gracie being in town today prevented it from being demolished

3: My game glitched

And honesty 3 is a big possiblity because I've had this weird 'thing that you wanted to happen but it didn't' thing happened to me before but last time it was an orange mailbox not being built and I made a thread about the mailbox

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?436893-I-think-Tom-Nook-is-ripping-me-off

I hope this isn't a sign that my game is corrupted. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is super weird, I've never had something not get demolished, was it a holiday or something to where she couldn't do it?

No holidays. But Gracie was in town. Don't know if her being in town would have any effect on demolitions.

Last edited:
What really fires me up about Isabelle is the placing of PWPs.. just let me put it here dog!! It could be 5 miles away from a house and she would still say it?s too close :,)

I was just saying the other day that I wish we could sometimes switch up Isabelle and Digby. This way, he could get out of the elements for a few days and Isabelle could see what a cushy gig she has. Then maybe she would let us put our PWP's where we want them without having to suffer under her iron fist.

Back