Should I time Travel?

If you feel like it would help or is something you want to do then go for it! If you're the type of person who would feel guilty or consider restarting over it then don't! It all comes down to your personal choice and what you feel comfortable with.

I personally only TT when I feel like I need to to speed things up significantly. I did a lot of TTing when I was trying to unlock all the PWP's I needed using the diving trick, and I don't regret it because even with TT it still took like 3 weeks of real time. But while I was TTing I didn't use the Gracie Fashion Tests that came up or buy from Redd's art, because I wanted those to come more naturally. But now that I'm collecting all the items I need for my character's houses I'm TTing again for MEOW coupons and RV visits to other towns.

It all comes down to what you personally feel comfortable with and what makes you happy! Remember that there is no 'wrong' way to play Animal Crossing. So do what you want!

Yes, it feels good. Think of it this way, there are days when you have limited amounts of time available to you to play acnl..therefore, you should make up for the days you have a lot of time and play acnl in fastforward motion. That way you maximize your life living. A lot of the times I wake up earlier than the actual shops open, even with the early bird ordinance, so I can never have time to play since the rest of my day is busy.
Not only that, but if you are unable to participate in holidays on acnl because of your real life then that is also very difficult and worth time traveling for.

Personally, I have time traveled in my town to the point I am happy. I have caught all the creatures needed, got most of all the fruit in the game, passed my HHA goals, made a lot of IGB, and got rid of Egbert. This all would not have been accomplished without time travel.

You should definitely time travel. No shame about it. Been doing time travel since ACGC when I was a wee tot.

I think it is very personal. If you feel like it I should definitely time travel. I personaly have no trouble with timetraveling.

It's up to you. I never time travel except when I am undertaking a massive multi day project or moving out a villager that I want to sell or trade. Other than that, I feel anything beyond that ruins the fun of the game for me personally

The game is designed to be played in real time using your console's time setting. It is an inherent feature. If you decide to time travel, you would be playing the game in a way it's not intended to be played.

It's your game, your time and a minority of people on this forum will try to enable you, "it feels good", but I wouldn't.

It's very subjective thing. For some people, time traveling keeps them playing; for others, it ruins the experience. It's sometimes hard to know which way it will go until you actually do it. I learned the hard way (back in the Gamecube version) that if I want to keep a good game experience for myself I shouldn't time travel. I suppose a good thing to do would be to weigh your reasons both for and against and see which carries more weight. It's really your personal decision in the end.

It's your game :) you can TT whatever you want but it's too risky when you have dreamy villagers in your town.

I do it all the time cause I constantly forget things. It doesn't really damage the gameplay for me, but if you feel the game should be played like real life then don't. Otherwise not much to worry about

I like to tt since I don't play often. It helps me keep cool villagers from moving and I can also see fun events if I happen to miss any of them. If you want to try it, it is helpful to read guides about tt. If you deny a villager from moving, then you can tt to whenever you want without worrying about losing any villagers.

If you're not offended by the concept like some people seem to be, there are advantages. As mentioned in a previous post, sometimes you don't have much or any time to play the game on a certain day. Sometimes you might also just want to take a break from the game for an extended period. With time travel, if you felt so inclined, you could time travel back to the last in-game day you played and ensure that you don't have any wilted flowers, weeds, or any unexpected move-outs. You might also enjoy unlocking stores, store expansions, and in-game events faster and not having to wait as long to get Public Works Projects recommendations if you want to add those to your town.

It's ultimately up to you, your personal life and how much time and interest you can dedicate to the game, how you play the game, and what about the game is enjoyable to you. If nothing else, you could try it for a few days and if you don't end up liking it, just time travel back to the proper day and continue on as you would. If you live somewhere that recognizes it, Daylight Savings Time is coming up on Sunday so it's as good a time as any to give it a shot.

The game is designed to be played in real time using your console's time setting. It is an inherent feature. If you decide to time travel, you would be playing the game in a way it's not intended to be played.

It's your game, your time and a minority of people on this forum will try to enable you, "it feels good", but I wouldn't.

False. It can be played either way, and it is as of now intended as such, because if you time travel enough villagers will comment on that being a rumor about you, like how when you're starting out they say you're a freshman mayor. Furthermore, if they absolutely wanted you to be stuck with the actual date and time, they wouldn't allow you to choose a different date and time in game, separate from the console's internal clock.

Except the ability to change the time and date is a feature of the game, so it's absolutely an intent for the game.

To answers OP's question, there's nothing wrong with time traveling if you want to or need to. It's all up to you and what you're using the time traveling for. I've done it many times and have never had anything bad happen. In fact, I recently time traveled back to spring and it's brought new life into the game for me and inspired me to work on my landscaping, so I'm glad that I did it.

Last edited:
Honestly you should just play however you wanna play that you won't regret :) Like if it's gonna bother you later on that you time traveled then don't, but if it's not gonna bother you then what's the harm? Personally I don't see any issue with it--if we weren't supposed to the game wouldn't have made it so easy, plus I generally do it because I get so busy that I end up not playing for a while, then I time travel back so I don't lose any villagers. Then I slowly catch up to the real date through time travel. I don't think it's cheating or anything, I know people make a big deal out of it but really you should just do whatever makes the game most enjoyable for you. :)

Back