The Woods Expedition 2 Has Ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel disappointed rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

spent so long on my entry and almost the same winners get chosen for art every time so w/e

I nominated your entry love. <3

(Seriously. I did. I thought the concept of your Kracko entry was incredible.)

ya i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel disappointed rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

spent so long on my entry and almost the same winners get chosen for art every time so w/e

Yeah I nominated you too, and it's a shame that it didn't make it since I loved the idea!

I had a hard time choosing since there were a lot of amazing submissions. Wish we can award more than just 5 per event.

now you guys know my suffering when I'm picking bucket of paint winners *whimpers*

I don`t want to offend people, but why not the same as the tetris collectable where you could only win 1. Now people who are incredibly talented won multiple pink candies. And someone like glow who made a really stunning Kracko wins nothing.

Super fun event! Probably best structure for Halloween so far, I hope you keep it like this

It kinda sucks because some of the staff have differing tastes for stuff like art, I feel like each staff person should get their own choice of favorite entry. Maybe that's a dumb idea though. ANYWAY! Congrats to all the staff favorite winners, make sure you put your pink candies next to your purple ones.....

Also WOW Tina, great job on the writing for this event!! (I read every word!)

I don`t want to offend people, but why not the same as the tetris collectable where you could only win 1. Now people who are incredibly talented won multiple pink candies. And someone like glow who made a really stunning Kracko wins nothing.

As far as I'm aware people only got one pink candy even if they won multiple categories? Correct me if I'm wrong. But this is also how we do things every event: people could win in multiple categories but they wouldn't receive more than one of the rare collectible associated with that event.

There are a lot of entries that will get multiple staff votes and still not achieve enough to gain a prize. It happens every event. If we gave a prize to everyone who received even just one nomination we would have easily half of participants achieving the top prize each time! We go into it blind: make our votes and then see after what everyone else voted after. They need to meet a certain threshold to 'win' per say - i.e., as Justin said, for someone like glow to have been selected she would have needed to achieve a lot of votes to make it into the overall top five voted. We don't choreograph our votes to achieve maximum spread, because then that would be us essentially hand-picking the winners. That would be even more unfair than coincidental similarities may seem. The entries that win are the ones we have blindly and unanimously agreed are the best in each category. If there is crossover that just shows that person/those people truly did excel.

Also WOW Tina, great job on the writing for this event!! (I read every word!)

Aww, thank you Jacob! :blush:

As I read your post someone commented I was smiling at something haha. <3

Last edited:
OMG THANKS <3 the insp for mine was something I really love so this made me doubly happy haha..

Congratulations to everyone else and big thanks for the event! :) (Great work on the puzzle Oblivia ☆)

Oh okay, sorry this is my first event, so each person can only get 1 pink? If that's the case, I feel bad being in multiple categories... :c

Last edited:
Congrats guys!!!! All the finalists look great!!!

Pretty sad my it?s the Great Kracko Wixxy Brown pic didn?t make it, as I LUVED my idea behind it but I guess I just don?t have the digital skills yet (though OMG, I am Soooo impressed with Jeannine!?s traditional entry!!!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the fun Halloween event, staff! I know I complained a lot about the puzzle but I hope you didn't take it personally Oblivia. You're wonderful at puzzle-making. While I would've liked a Pink Candy, I'm happy for the winners and even happier that I have all 6 regular candies now. Hooray for rainbow collectible rows!

Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to the staff for putting on another great event.

Kinda bummed I didn't manage to win a Pink candy, but it's my own fault because I only gave myself two opportunities by missing out on the pumpkin carving, Kracko, and hand tracing events. Unfortunately I put the bulk of my effort into the Wix challenge, but I couldn't find any good screenshots of Courage the Cowardly Dog that would fit and relied more on the explanation. At least I got those 200 bells for the last path!

Regardless, it was fun to participate in what I did, and as always I look forward to the events to come in the future.

Thanks for the fun Halloween event, staff! I know I complained a lot about the puzzle but I hope you didn't take it personally Oblivia. You're wonderful at puzzle-making. While I would've liked a Pink Candy, I'm happy for the winners and even happier that I have all 6 regular candies now. Hooray for rainbow collectible rows!

Nah, I'm not upset. I expect some level of tarring and feathering each time I'm tasked with creating one of these things!

Someone had the brilliant idea of hiding clues in the site's source code next time around, so I hope you all are looking forward to that.

:D:D:D

Nah, I'm not upset. I expect some level of tarring and feathering each time I'm tasked with creating one of these things!

Someone had the brilliant idea of hiding clues in the site's source code next time around, so I hope you all are looking forward to that.

😈👿😈Oblivia heads back to the torture chamber to think of new ways to punish us 👿😈👿

Ha!!! I really enjoyed this event staffers. You guys did a great job! And THANK U for introducing us to Wix!!! I will never forget him!

Sounds fun! It is a learning process, but I thought the password was brilliant! I was on the right track, I just couldn't guess some of the clue words as I could think of a few answers. :)
Also, I'm new to this, is it only one pink candy per person?

&#55357;&#56840;&#55357;&#56447;&#55357;&#56840;Oblivia heads back to the torture chamber to think of new ways to punish us &#55357;&#56447;&#55357;&#56840;&#55357;&#56447;

Ha!!! I really enjoyed this event staffers. You guys did a great job! And THANK U for introducing us to Wix!!! I will never forget him!

I'm sure he plans to make occasional appearances around here!

Sounds fun! It is a learning process, but I thought the password was brilliant! I was on the right track, I just couldn't guess some of the clue words as I could think of a few answers. :)
Also, I'm new to this, is it only one pink candy per person?

Yes, with all the exclusive collectibles we only award one per person, even if someone wins multiple events/categories.

I got so excited I ran out the room and tripped over my cat! I feel so horrible ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back