Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
Hey guys, idk how many Professor Layton fans are on here, but if you can't already tell by my avi and sig, I'm a big fan of the latest game and want to make a Katrielle Layton mayor for my town. RN I'm trying to make her coat, but I'm terrible at making stuff in ACNL...I doubt there's a QR out there for it, but if there is, that'd be awesome! I've found some QRs for other Layton characters but I'm trying to get her coat in the game, not the others ;)

She'll obviously have the black leggings, black pumps, and ribboned straw hat. (The ribboned straw hat actually inspired me to make the character in the first place!)

I want ideas for her house and outfit! I'm thinking the first room as you walk in can be her office, the back room can be a bathroom, the left and right rooms can be for Ernest and Sherl, and the top room can be her bedroom.

So put any suggestions for furniture, rooms, outfits, etc. here if you'd like! And if there is a Katrielle Layton coat QR I'd be super grateful!

Update: I somehow made a decent looking outfit for her and will post it here soon! I also have her office and bedroom started. I'll update my dream address sometime today so you can check out my work so far! Please let me know what you think, any suggestions and feedback is appreciated!

Also, quick noob question: since Kat is a resident of my town, and my normal player, Evan, is the mayor, Kat cannot do any PWPs, right? Cuz the mayor's desk is blocked from Kat and I wanted to make a couple signs with the Layton logo near her house...but it seems I can't do that :(

That's a neat idea! I have a fondness for the Professor Layton games, though I haven't played any since the first two came out years ago. Nice that you were able to create something for her yourself that you liked. :) I'd visit your dream address except I've got my towns with the Dream Suite suspended for the moment and my new town is only four days old, so I don't have the Suite yet.

Yes, you can only place projects with your mayor character.

It would be cool if you made one room a puzzle for the visitor to solve! I think only a maze would work, but it could be fun to add things like the bomb item to diffuse. I'm doing something similar in one of my super-villain rooms, where the goal is to diffuse a bomb to save a hostage by going through a mini-maze. I'm sure there's other neat twists you can add to make a puzzle room fun. And really, what's a Layton inspired house without a puzzle?

Oooh I really like that idea Voldecourt!

And nice to hear ravenblue! I updated my town and when you have the dream suite, you can check Vista out and let me know what you think :)

I also got around my not being able to make stuff with the Layton logo by having Kat put it as a design in the Able Sister's shop, then having my mayor character go snag it and make a sign PWP with it.

Here is Katrielle's Coat I made btw. It's not too bad for my first ever PRO design, but I think it can be improved.

z84vxgS.jpg

VBeOh5u.jpg

YyIz2yf.jpg

qbmdGsv.jpg

The coat looks good! Especially for a first try :) The good thing about prodesigns is that you can keep going back to fix things as your skill level progresses. Heaven knows I practiced daily for weeks before I made anything I thought was decent. I am keeping your town in mind to visit for sure.

Thanks!

Guess what, after some searching I found the PERFECT inspiration for a puzzle room!! This guy posted about a game called Quille that he set up in one of his rooms, and he wrote the rules on the bulletin board. I think I can do something similar to it for my puzzle room :)

Last edited:
Back