• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So how old are our mayors supposed to be anyways?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I mean, I assume they are suppose to be our age but I'm in my 30s in real life and Raven does not look like she's in her 30s, she looks like she's 12. And I'm sure that there are child labor laws that are being broken somewhere. We are still getting gifts from in game Mom for crying out loud.

Another random thread, but it's asking a question so really all that random if you think about it.

Last edited:
If we go off Pokemon logic, they are probobly 10.

Also, this is a game where you are the mayor of anthropomorphic animals..........

Last edited:
they look no older than 12 to me

i think of my mayor as myself as a child so when kapp’n and the smugs flirt with her i’m just like nooooooooooo

I think it depends on the person who plays with that character.

I always assumed they were adults since they've moved away from home and you get letters from your parents which occasionally reminisce about when you were a kid. We're probably just supposed to project whatever age onto them though (so me being an adult=thinks of my character as one as well. I tend to think of my pkmn characters that way too cuz I don't wanna be a 10 yr old LOL)

I always thought they looked like toddlers :p

Other than that, I don't think of them in terms of having an age.

Well you're moving to a new town and are now the mayor of said town...I'd assume just from looks the character is supposed to be 14-18? But I don't think they intended for you to think of the mayor as a certain age, I think they intended YOU to superimpose yourself into being in the game. Besides, there's plenty of ways to make yourself look older with accessories and whatnot. So the default characters seem to be in mid to late teens, but I think the game creators purposefully made the age ambiguous

As old as you wish to believe them to be. There really is no set age given to them... Other than upon becoming mayor, they do speak as if you are youth to replace Tortimer. So, at least much younger than him. :p

Last edited:
I agree that they have no defined age. But I decide on my own.

I always figured like 18, cause it's you leaving home on your own for the first time, and your mom still writes you and sends you stuff (but never really any money, thanks mom) and I'd like to think they wouldn't let a child run a town.

By looks? We are 12.
People call you young. We are 18-20.
Kapp'n flirts with female characters. Kapp'n looks 40 or so. We are 30-50.
The youngest mayor in the US was 18, and mayors that would be considered "young" are 30-32 and under. We are 18-32.

I'd guess we are 25 or so.

I think that they are whatever age you want them to be. I have always played as myself, so I have always imagined my character to be an extension of me. I guess that is why I always thought of the human characters in AC games as having just moved out of home for the first time. That would explain why you still get letters from your parents occasionally.

Last edited:
I think the age is different for every person. But personally I think mine's about 12 ? Characters in ACNL look a bit older than the ones in older versions.

Back