Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I figured this forum of awesomely creative people could give me a little insight. I've been obsessively playing Super Mario Odyssey and fell in love with the Snow Kingdom. The town in it is called Shiveria, so I decided to make a new town based around it.

I've never tried to make a town based around a specific season, so I have to ask: has anyone else tried to make a winter-based town? And if so, what kind of PWPs, paths and such would you recommend?

the tumblr that i use to find paths has a winter tag that you might find helpful! i scrolled through it a bit and found these which i like a lot. ^^

for pwps i think the campfire and the log bench would work well. the park clock and the street lamp would look great too imo. maybe the illuminated heart? i've seen that in winter towns before and thought it looked pretty.

idk if you're looking for villager ideas or not but flurry, erik, tucker, bianca and any of the penguins would work well.

Last edited:
The illuminated tree comes to mind. I like the fountains too since they are gray and kind of fit color-wise if your town will be set in winter. Definteiy consider the villager penguins!

(And now I really really really want to play Odyssey and I don't even have a Switch.)

Last edited:
the tumblr that i use to find paths has a winter tag that you might find helpful! i scrolled through it a bit and found these which i like a lot. ^^

for pwps i think the campfire and the log bench would work well. the park clock and the street lamp would look great too imo. maybe the illuminated heart? i've seen that in winter towns before and thought it looked pretty.

idk if you're looking for villager ideas or not but flurry, erik, tucker, bianca and any of the penguins would work well.

This is great! Thank you! And Flurry and Erik are already must-haves, lol.

Yeah, Flurry and Erik are guaranteed villagers you need to have lol. I'd also think about having Hopper or Iggly, they are both more wintery penguins :)

As for PWPs, I think any of the illuminated PWPs would look very festive against the backdrop of snow. And there's lots of good pathways out there to pick from too :)

I feel like a warm-colored brick path would be lovely for winter. Lots of cedars and holly bushes too.

I think a house that's a snow-resort theme would be so cool too, and a cabin house.

Ruby or Tiffany. Surprised no one has mentioned them, as they're both white bunnies and Tiffany has a really cool house in my opinion.
Rolf and Bianca are white tigers if you're going for an overall white theme in your villagers.
You could also try Fang or Whitney. Fang's a sort of purple-y white color and Whitney is white (clearly).
Dora is a white mouse, Diana is a deer Marshal is a squirrel.
A good Uchi would be Flo or maybe Shari with her gray/white colors?

Ruby - Peppy
Tiffany - Snooty
Whitney - Snooty
Rolf - Cranky
Bianca - Peppy
Flurry - Normal
Fang - Cranky
Dora - Normal
Diana - Snooty
Marshal - Smug

Never had a winter town before, but I have seen some and have a few ideas! ~

VILLAGERS

Anchovy Kind of looks like a robin and robins are Christmas?
Aurora
Bianca
Boomer
Cube
Diana?
Erik
Fang
Flurry
Friga
Gwen
Hopper
Iggly
Roald
Rolf
Ruby
Skye
Sparro
Stitches
Tex
Tucker
Whitney

QR CODES

https://tinyurl.com/ybmdpts7
https://tinyurl.com/y7qgma4z
https://tinyurl.com/y7ygo2c9

Public Works Projects

Fire Pit
Hot Spring
Illuminated Arch
Illuminated Clock
Illuminated Heart
Illuminated Tree
Torch

And yeah. That's pretty much it apart from your mayor/other character's houses. I'm not good at house decorating so I'll uhh... let you get on with that alone. Although you should definitely use the ice set or something.

While the snow-people do melt after a few days, they're still a nice touch if you're planning on registering a Dream Village. Make sure your home features the Jingle, Ice, Snowman, and Snow Sports items. For lights, the Street Lamp is probably your best choice (reminds me of Narnia). Beyond that there are a few ways to go in terms of public works projects. The fairy-tale themed projects give off more of a colorful Nutcracker vibe, but if that's not your thing you can always go for more modern-themed projects with bright lights. It's really your call.

use the villager Tutu.
she's a bear ( and white ) so she is perfect for a winter themed town.

( also of crouse, the penguin villagers )

for paths you can use google to get yourself some cool ice themed patterns.
just google something along the line ''ice paths''

PWP's there are not many that fit well with a ice theme ( in my opinion )
3 that might work well are:

- the blue bench.
- the torch.
- the hot spring.

also with bushes, just use the holly shoot.
and use ceder trees a lot ( in the north part, since they don't grow south. )
and use just a small amount of the regular/fruit trees.
and leave the beaches pretty much empty, to make it more realistic that it's and ice town.

also, with patterns you could use snowy sand patterns on the beach, to make it look there is snow on the beach

if this helps :p

if you could get his card Wade is such a little wintery chap. WA only thought, don't think he's tradeable.... I got him in my town tho he is too cute! Looks like a baby emperor penguin. You could also put the odd empty perfect fruit tree (dead tree), but do it sparingly or it's just depressing more than wintery haha.

Also I'd say stick to jacobs ladders, lucky clovers, and black/white flowers only? just a thought

Back