• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favourite anime series?

thisistian

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
And which do you wish had a sequel?

My favourite anime of all time is Death Note, but I also really enjoyed watching Monster, which I would love to see a sequel of.

I think K-on! and K-on!! are the closest to my heart. Lovely characters, and that ending shattered me.

619.gif

Tbyu1iM.gif

The Tatami Galaxy. Probably one of the best anime I have ever seen and also my favorite. I just love
everything on this anime. I also really enjoyed Good Luck Girl! as well as Nichijou.

Maybe Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru or Hyouka?
Koe no Katachi is a close one too. no anime really sticks in my mind so i went off my 10 ratings in myanimelist

I'm not really big on anime personally. The only one I watched in the last few years was Attack on Titan because it was something different from the usual anime tropes, and I really enjoyed it, despite all the gore. I'm waiting for season two to wrap up then bingewatch it.

I am a terribly indecisive individual so I'm just going to compile a list of series that I enjoy instead of picking any one series over the rest.

I like both the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime from 2003 and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses, and while some would argue and I'd generally agree that 03 is a bit stronger when it comes to characters, I tend to prefer Brotherhood because it sticks to the manga source material.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a very fun series and I need to get around to watching Part IV. I let it build up so I could binge watch it at some point.

I'm a big fan of One Piece because of the story and characters, but if I'm completely honest I often just read summaries of what happens, watch the important bits, and skip a majority of the show because I'm not going to watch 700+ episodes.

Ouran High School Host Club is an enjoyable series that I have some sentimental value toward as well because I watched it with my best friend.

Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely a strong contender if I had to choose just one series as my favorite. I love the concept of the series, the characters are all interesting, the musical score is great, and the early arcs and the Chapter Black arcs are very good. The Toguros and Shinobu Sensui are fantastic villains. It's kind of a shame that it ended with the Three Kings tournament and that there was a noticeable step down in animation quality toward the end of the series. Would have been nice if the anime included the final bit from the manga. Alas, for what it is, it's very good.

Honorable Mentions go to Cowboy Bebop, Detective Conan, Dragon Ball (as well as Z and Super), the various Lupin the III series over the years, Paranoia Agent, Samurai Champloo, and Trigun.

There are no doubt others that are slipping my mind at the moment, but if so I'll just make another post.

Last edited:
Revolutionary Girl Utena, and the old 'classic' Sailor Moon. For the awesome soundtracks(especially Utena, SM had many good ones but some endings were a bit ?? lol) and well made series.

Hard to say, it depends on my mood but I liked Mushishi, Mononoke with the medicine seller, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Tatami Galaxy...

Right now it's 3-Gatsu no Lion

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood!

Always my fave <3

I don't watch anime, except for 1 time back in 2013 someone in my class told me to what watamote because I reminded them of the main character. (not really a compliment, it was kind of insulting, but that wasn't their intention and they were right anyway) I ended up really liking it and relating hard to it.

Hm, the only anime I've really liked and gotten into is Attack on Titan. Other than that, I don't watch it.

Back