• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

You know you're addicted to Animal Crossing when...

Feraligator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
...you're writing an assignment with Animal Crossing used as an artefact.

Basically, I'm studying geography at university and the topic is landscapes, so why not use Animal Crossing landscapes? It's a bit crazy when you're analysing everything about it and using proper academic sources to link ideas to Animal Crossing landscapes though :rolleyes:

What is the thing that shows you're glued to Animal Crossing?

I think the fact that I've clocked almost 3000 hours into New Leaf alone is another indicator :p

Whenever I see construction on the street or someone building something I think "Oh they're putting up a new public works project" haha. I gotta amuse myself somehow.

I talk about it to my friend obsessively since she plays too. It's probably annoying. Oops.

you hear one note that is the same from an animal crossing track and instantly think it's animal crossing

Using Blathers as a point of reference when discussing in real life fish and bugs (back in the Gamecube days when he gave detailed descriptions about everything).

Using Blathers as a point of reference when discussing in real life fish and bugs (back in the Gamecube days when he gave detailed descriptions about everything).

Yeah I miss that.

You start typing like villager laughs/catchphrases, like "baaa, man", "maaan", "ahuhuhu" and stuff lol

You're mad. Animal Crossing doesn't have very complex landscapes so I'm not sure that's the best idea, but whatever.

I'm not mad, and I know what I'm doing.
I've managed to write 2 pages about it already and I still have lots of ideas.

And besides, to someone who probably doesn't study geography at university, I don't think you'll understand how I've interpreted the word landscape, considering it's not about the landforms. ;)

Last edited:
When you are afraid to see how many playinghours you have.

Last edited:
When you are afraid to see how many playinghours you have.

OMG I AM CHECKING THAT NOW XDDDDDDDD
I've spent 777hours and 30 minutes.

I need to get a life

Last edited:
You can't stay outside of your town fearing the villagers will change their clothes, you want them original.

I'm not mad, and I know what I'm doing.
I've managed to write 2 pages about it already and I still have lots of ideas.

And besides, to someone who probably doesn't study geography at university, I don't think you'll understand how I've interpreted the word landscape, considering it's not about the landforms. ;)

Pass us an excerpt. :eek:

(not now, at least not publicly, or you might get done by the plagiarism checker, lol)

...when you're driving to work and pass a row of newly-planted saplings, but one in the middle has been hit by a car and is broken--and your first thought is, "Oh what a shame that it was in the middle of the row of trees. Now a new one can't grow there." DERP

...you wake up in the morning thinking about New Leaf and what's happening in your town and when you go to bed at night you have to stop yourself from thinking about New Leaf and what's happening in your town.

You spent so long trying to collect Island Medals that you almost hear the mini game music still playing as you try to fall asleep.

Back