• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

You know you're addicted to Animal Crossing when...

When someone mentions the name of a bug and I have to refer to my animal crossing memory to think of what the bug happens to look like.

That's amazing! I'll reference Animal Crossing too if it becomes relevant to an assignment :p
The thousands of hours I've put into ACNL alone is an indicator, not to mention the years of my life spent on the other games.

When someone mentions the name of a bug and I have to refer to my animal crossing memory to think of what the bug happens to look like.

Oh, me too. I've learned WAY more species of fish/insects than I ever did in school :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everything you google you automatically add "acnl" afterwards.

sdfghjkhgfd oh my gosh don't call me out on this!! It's a subconscious thing ;)

...you sit at your desk for hours at a time, hunched over your laptop, reading TBT threads, searching the internet for acnl stump pattern guides, QR codes, Shampoodle hairstyles and eye colors, getting photos off your SD card onto the computer so you can post in the photo contest, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...(even though you have a backache the next day).

it's already been said but when i see bugs irl my mind goes "oh just like animal crossing" despite those bugs being very real things way before animal crossing was ever a thing lol

When you wish you could organise your room's furniture like in HHD/after you get your secret storage in NL :(

when you join a forum dedicated to it and are browsing it at 2am instead of sleeping

I spent a summer on it, drew Lottie on my history class poster, I keep hearing animalese, Isabelle specifically. "Ahuhuhuh"

When you know the names of "obscure" bugs and fish thanks to Animal Crossing. When you call "money" irl instead "bells" quite regularly. Heehee

When you have thirteen active towns and a fourteenth just waiting to be started. I think that pretty much signals an addiction of the highest order, lol. It is the only game I play and since I am a home health caregiver, I have lots of downtime when my patient is sleeping.

When you go to a furniture store, and start labeling the types like "rustic" "natural" "sleek" "harmonious" etc. This really did happen when my mom was taking a lot of time & me and my sister were bored.

Everything you google you automatically add "acnl" afterwards.

I'm CRYING I did this before doing a research

Last edited:
When you pop into Redd's tent and realise that you no longer need to look up which art is genuine.

Back