• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Transfer from Happy Home Designer?

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
I heard something about being able to transfer the homes you made in Happy Home Designer over to New Leaf. Is this true? If so how do I do it? I have a really nice house for Stitches made in HHD, and would love to move it over to New Leaf. I have his card if that's needed. If I don't need the card, what do I do to transfer? Is it just furniture, or does the house exterior (like roof and door and such) get transferred to?

I've never heard of this and honestly I highly doubt this is true.
I think what you've read is transferring data for exclusive items. If you have a copy of HHD (digital or physical) you can go on the home screen of ACNL, click the option about HHD data and follow Isabelle's instructions. You will unlock special items in the catalogue that you can order. It's under it's own tab where you order the items normally in the nooks store if it's upgraded enough :0 I hope this helps!

- - - Post Merge - - -

there'd be a lot of complications of transferring houses from HHD to ACNL (theres items exclusive to HHD, house sizes/shapes in HHD, etc) it just seems too complicated for house transfer to be possible

Last edited:
You can't actually transfer the house, unfortunatley :(. If you link your HHD game to new leaf using the main menu of NL you're just given the ability to order special items from the catalog.

If you're interested in how to redecorate a villager's house HERE is a good guide. There's another one HERE

That's not to say there aren't ways for HHD to help you with your New Leaf houses, but it can't do anything directly. I use HHD to plan out my player homes and how they'll look and it's helped me immensely because I'm a very visual person. It's a great technique and has helped me immensely. You could also probably use it to plan out villager homes once you know what items are permanent in their house. But you'd still have to procure and send all those items to the villager the old fashioned way.

Last edited:
Back