• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Recommended Games..?

UnderWish

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lobo
Jack
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mint
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
I recently got paid and I'm looking to get a new game to try out.
I've already played some final fantasy games, didnt like them, completed all of the Pokemon games, Undertale, etc.
Im looking for another game to get into since ACNL has been kinda slow for me recently.
Mainly looking for something I can get on Steam, Origin, the Nintendo E-Shop or a physical copy of.
I only own nintendo consoles, though, and don't currently own a Switch, though I plan to get one to play Cave Story.
I have multiple DS Lites, a DSi, 2 3DS, a 3DS XL and a New 3DS XL as well as a Wii and a Wii U.
Nothing in the Zelda series please, since I've already completed all of those games as well c:

Have the farming games Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons ever struck your fancy? Rune Factory is a lot like them, but it's got other RPG elements included with it like dungeon crawling to fight bosses. Could probably find it on the cheap.

Have the farming games Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons ever struck your fancy? Rune Factory is a lot like them, but it's got other RPG elements included with it like dungeon crawling to fight bosses. Could probably find it on the cheap.

That actually sounds really nice. I've heard of them but never really played them out of fear I wouldn't like them.
Thanks for the suggestions! I do own a RF game and have played it a bit, but fell out of it. Maybe I'd enjoy Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons.

Honestly, I'd actually recommend Stardew Valley over Harvest Moon. I think it's a lot more fun, personally. I struggled to get into Harvest Moon, but I've put tons of hours into Stardew Valley. You can buy it on Steam.

For the 3DS side, I'd recommend the Phoenix Wright series if you haven't tried it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly, I'd actually recommend Stardew Valley over Harvest Moon. I think it's a lot more fun, personally. I struggled to get into Harvest Moon, but I've put tons of hours into Stardew Valley. You can buy it on Steam.

For the 3DS side, I'd recommend the Phoenix Wright series if you haven't tried it.

i agree with what everyone else is saying in regards to stardew valley!
It’s different to ACNL abut also strangely familiar, it takes a while to get into the swing of things but once you’re there it’s really satisfying to play! Also therapeutic & the soundtrack is amazing

The Phoenix Wright series is a must-try. Have you played any Fire Emblem? If not I recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Tomodachi life is like animal crossing and the Sims. I'd highly recommend it. It's for the 3DS, in case u didn't know.

Tomodachi life is like animal crossing and the Sims. I'd highly recommend it. It's for the 3DS, in case u didn't know.

I really don't like anything to do with Miis. Always hated their designs and I quite frankly think they're ugly. I also don't really like the Sims series so I doubt I'd like it. Thanks for the recommendation anyway :)

S T A R D E W V A L L E Y

although i don't think you have a console for it... but get it for switch when you get that

Are you a fan of puzzle games and brain teasers? If so, I recommend the Professor Layton series.

If you have a PS4 or a PC, I highly suggest playing Tales of Berseria. It is a JRPG in the sense that it isn't turn based and combat happens in real time (spells, mystic artes, item use, etc)

It has a deep story and beautiful anime artwork and scenes

- - - Post Merge - - -

That will keep you busy for a while and the voice acting is top notch. It is also one of those games you can put down at any time and then read the task log to remember your last thing you needed to do to pick it back up and continue the story.

Maybe Fantasy Life. I need to play it more myself. But you go through multiple types of lives (Angler, Miner, Wizard, Scientist, etc). There is a story mode and individual challenges to complete. You collect stuff, kill monsters, powers up your skills and what not. There is A LOT to do in it. I know you can get it for the 3DS, don't know if you can on anything else.

I only own nintendo consoles, though, and don't currently own a Switch, though I plan to get one to play Cave Story.

Do you know that Cave Story is on the 3DS too? Great game btw. I'll probably double dip and get it for the Switch as well once it gets a physical release over here.

Maybe Disney Magical World? I enjoyed it a few years ago, it's a bit childish though. I'd recommend the original over the sequel too.
Fantasy Life, Rune Factory 4, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Scribblenauts, Luigi's Mansion, Phoenix Wright are all good ones.
Style Savy games are good if you're into that.
Yokai Watch is similar to Pok?mon, but it's a bit different.

Personally, my favorite Wii game is Super Mario Galaxy 2. If you haven't played that one yet, I would highly suggest it.

The Throwback Galaxy makes the dangerous trek to World 6 worthwhile :)

Would recommend Monster Hunter 4:Ultimate if you haven't already got it. Should get a few hundred+ hours out of it, if you haven't played any of the games in the series before, it probably will be fairly challenging. For me if I could play no other game on 3DS I'd be happy playing MH4U.

Cave Story+ is on Steam also by the way if you didn't realise.

Subnautica is also a pretty nice choice on Steam. Looks really pretty, and feels exciting to explore deep beneath alien seas. Right now there's not too much of a story, it's somewhere between sandbox and story, although leaning more towards sandbox.

Back