Sick villagers?

Maomi

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Has anyone gotten any sick villagers as of lately or did Nintendo completely remove the feature after the update? I've never had a sick villager before, so I'm hoping they didn't remove it .. :/

I’ve been playing for almost a year now and never had one either!

This came up on gamefaqs, same query. No sick villagers & has it been taken out with the update?

I think I have had a sick villager since the update - but I can't remember for sure.
Its definitely gone down in occurrence, but whether Nintendo took it out - dunno know.

Seems an odd thing to do, unless it clashed with additions in the update.
Nintendo changed other things I thought didn't really need changing - eg villagers take 10 days to move rather than 5 - tho agreed that is a nice safety net to have.

Nope, haven't had a sick villager and I play every day. I'm glad it was taken out as I didn't like it

I think sick villages have been removed. If the game "determined" a sick villager before the update then they still got sick after the update, or so I believe, but besides that no villagers can get sick. I really enjoyed that, and don't see why it had to be taken out of the game at all.

I didn't realized that sick villagers are removed after the update. But know if I think about it, I didn't had
one villager who was sick after the update came out at all. I don't understand why they removed it as I
never had a problem with it...

Hmm, that's strange. I don't think I had a sick villager after the update, but I also haven't been playing much lately. That seems like a very random thing to remove from the game.

The last time I had a sick villager was before the update. I totally forgot about that!

I'm actually really disappointed about it- they removed SO much unique dialogue from the game! :( Even though it is sad when your favorite gets sick, at least it made the game a little more interesting...

Wow, that's really sad. I realize the timing can sometimes be annoying, but it added realism to the game. I loved when the villagers would send me thank-you letters after I brought them medicine for a few days. Just one more way in which the game is being changed so that it's more convenient and less lifelike, I guess . . .

i never really cared for the feature, it was rare and can be annoying/an inconvenience so i understand they removed it if they did.
im a bit surprised they removed it so late but i guess later than never since they had the big RV update anyway

Yeah, pretty sure they removed it because sick villagers used to be an almost weekly occurrence in my towns. The only reason I didn't like it was because it affected the villager moving out talks among my other villagers.

But they also upped the amount of time a villager takes to move out, so I'm kinda bummed they removed that feature.

Way to make the medicine item completely useless (unless saving & quitting no longer fixes bee stings - unlikely).

saving and quitting still works, so the medicine is functionally useless :\

So did villagers used to get sick before WA? Or was that just a pre-ACNL thing? I've never heard of anyone getting a sick villager in NL.

I had sick villagers in NL before the update, but never after. I miss that feature, it was nice to help them out. The only reason I can think of for them removing it is if it caused a massive glitch or went wonky with the additional code for the update, and they couldn't find a solution.

Maybe the sick villagers somehow interfered with amiibo move-outs? Because sick villagers couldn't move? That's my guess. I don't think they'd remove a feature like that unless it broke the game.

Last edited:
Back