Stores that still sell Amiibo cards?

TangyHeart

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I live in Indiana, in the U.S., and I have been searching and searching, and I literally got the last NFC reader from GameStop, because it was DISCONTINUED (I could rant on this but I won't). So, I was looking for Amiibo cards, but in the matter of like, 4 months, they're all GONE. Just vanished. Target doesn't sell them, GameStop doesn't sell them, Walmart does but it's like $15 per pack (no thanks) and I know Toys R Us sells them, but I don't know if the one near me does, and how expensive they are. So my question is, if you live in the U.S., do you know of any stores that still sell animal crossing Amiibo cards? (Preferably series 3) I'd like to not pay more than $6 a pack, if possible :)
(I am aware of Amazon and eBay, but those are my last resorts...) Sorry if this thread is on the wrong board, but I couldn't really find anywhere to put it.

I believe Walmart still sells them.
They're $5.99 at Toys R Us and at Walmart.
Toys R Us is your best bet, though, as I've seen Walmart's Prices for series other than 3 go up to like $13.

Edit:
Here's a Toys R Us website search for 'Animal Crossing'

Last edited:
Toys R Us is the best choice for you :) I bought them a couple weeks ago c: BestBuy is still selling too i think

if i were you i'd just go online and search for the cards there.
that's how i got mine ( i'm from the netherlands )
i found an independent gaming website that sells everything that has to do with gaming.

and i'm sure there is one that is either american or ships to aerica

( and i got them for like €4,50 per pack )
it's not really that cheap, but i find it worth it.

unless you prefer the randomness of a pack of cards, i'd really highly suggest looking up what specific cards you want on Ebay/Amazon. You can save a lot of money. you could spend $50 worth of packs and never find the villagers you want or pay about half or less (depending on the popularity of the villager) on a bunch of cards you actually want. Some cards are going for less than $3 if you're looking for unpopular villagers.
I think the highest ive seen was Ankha at $30 last i checked.

I'd second what cryptade said. Unless you're going for a full collection (in which case it's better to buy packs and trade what you don't need), just look up which villagers you're looking for and buy them individually

Edit: Oh and I still see ACNL cards in Fry's Electronics stores. Don't know if they have Fry's in Indiana :p

Last edited:
*taking notes*
"Hmm, toys r us? Ok, Best Buy...excellent."

I've never seen any at any Target or Walmart, but the Display's are still there, so maybe I missed them.

If you don't mind Japanese cards, some stores might still have those. I mean picture is the same right...

Ok well..
I shall check Toys R Us for them
And I DO like the randomness better, because I like to open and like you know... Anticipate what I'm getting if that makes sense...
And we do have Fry's (God I haven't heard that name in a while) but here it's Kroger (idk why it just is.. When I lived in California it was Ralph's, and AZ was Fry's...)

Thanks for all the replies!

Ok well..
I shall check Toys R Us for them
And I DO like the randomness better, because I like to open and like you know... Anticipate what I'm getting if that makes sense...
And we do have Fry's (God I haven't heard that name in a while) but here it's Kroger (idk why it just is.. When I lived in California it was Ralph's, and AZ was Fry's...)

Thanks for all the replies!

Randomness was better indeed.. I was anticipate who i will get :)

Wow, surprised that your wamart even still has any (even at the steep price). Been looking all over since February (kinda procrastinated getting them initially) and been pretty much everywhere with no results. Hey, good luck with toys r us though, I would check it but the nearest one is 30 minutes away and even then it's probably not worth hunting down. Man, they've been wiped out since just a bit after they came out, no displays or nothing like that. (And I mean, I live right near the Illinois/Indiana border, and it's probably a close enough area to compare, I mean, you're lucky that you even have the toys r us option) anyways, good luck!

I just looked it up and and a few of my closest toy r us and babies r us have amiibo cards, (they're 100+miles away) byt I didn't find a best buy near me with cards.
So I'm going to say toys r us would be better, they even have free shipping with orders of $30.

I ran into this same issue that you are having a few months ago, in late September to be exact. I was getting tired of cycling villagers in so I had decided to search for the NFC Reader so I could get the Amiibo cards and whatnot.

I called GameStop and they said it had been discontinued. This was surprising because they usually keep older Nintendo products and accessories. I later on found out that the New 3DS has NFC reader capabilities built within, thus making the original reader obsolete.

I went onto Amazon and found the reader for sale for $32.00, and a bunch of the booster packs for the original MSRP of $5.99.

The reader and the booster packs together showed up very quickly and with Prime I was able to receive everything in two days.

I know Amazon is a last-resort for you but if you're interested here is the link for the NFC Reader. Hope you find something that works for you!

I got my first pack from Toys R Us, and Walmart sells them too, but not in stores for me. Go on their website and they should be selling it for $10 or less, I think. It might vary since I live in a different state but you can go try!

Ive still seen a couple of them at target. But they're the ducky ones.

I don't know about Walmart, havent checked in a while.

Like other people said, Toys R US is your best bet. Pretty cheap :)

Literally just found out that my nearest walmart doesn't sell amiibo anymore at all. Not even figures. Their pegs are just gone from the shelves. They sell other figures, but no amiibo. My nearest GS sold almost no amiibo figures, and zero cards. They told me maybe TRU. This is crazy. Amiibo are dying!

Ok, so I just went to toys r Us and they had amiibo and amiibo cards.
cDXexEkl.jpg

I bought two packs. :)

Last edited:
Back