• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Diamond Version

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
So I got bored with Pokemon Sun. I was breeding all of the Pokemon that I like into perfect competition battlers and, whew, it's hard work! There are still a few Pokemon that I'd like to have but I'm going to take a break from breeding pokemon for a bit. To pass the time until Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are released I've been playing through Diamond Version one last time before I shelf it forever. It's kind of annoying because There aren't many fire type pokes in the region and there isn't really any evolution items available. But that was the whole point of the game...was to connect to wi-fi and meet other players and trade items and Pokemon together...so that you could achieve your goal, evolving your Gligar or collecting items that can't be found without any help of another player.
I had to use AR to make a decent strong team, otherwise I'd have to play with really weak stat Pokemon or use pokes that I don't even want. Btw I used an AR to make the playthrough fun and exciting. So how do you like to play Pokemon? Do you go for perfect stat pokes? Like to collect stones and items? I'd love to hear your experiences playing older Pokemon games!

I have been playing since leaf green, and to this day an after countless hours, I STILL do not understand battle tactics, IV's, or stats. I still play using cute pokemon of the generations and my starters. I am always amazed by those who have pokemon down to a science, I kinda wish I could understand it, but i can't be bothered lol. I go around and just pick who ever is the most aesthetically pleasing. (Lilligant my little princess ^.^)

I have AR for my DS so my Diamond game is really hacked. It has things like Kyogre caught at level 1 at Snowpoint Temple just because you can. For some reason I can't go downstairs in half the Pok?mon centers. lol I never actually AR to make a good team. I usually just pick Pok?mon from that game that I think are cool and use them to beat the story. I will EV train a few for the post game tournament areas since the CPUs are pretty hard in those areas.

I enjoy replaying Yellow, Platinum, and Soul Silver a ton.

I would go for good natures for them (ex; Chimchar with Naive/Hasty nature, Chikorita with Calm Nature.) on some occasions.
I collect stones alot to sell or to evolve for Pokemon like Staryu or Eevee. :)

Last edited:
I have AR for my DS so my Diamond game is really hacked. It has things like Kyogre caught at level 1 at Snowpoint Temple just because you can. For some reason I can't go downstairs in half the Pok?mon centers. lol I never actually AR to make a good team. I usually just pick Pok?mon from that game that I think are cool and use them to beat the story. I will EV train a few for the post game tournament areas since the CPUs are pretty hard in those areas.

A long time ago when I was ARing my SoulSilver Version I found that using too many codes at once glitches and/or freezes your game. try using 1 or two codes at a time than restart...that should stop your game from glitching out.

For some reason it is just kind of a permanent thing now, but I have too many fun Pok?mon in that game to erase it. I think it was just the beginning of the game towns that act like I haven't unlocked trading yet. It's okay though, I just have to fly to the right town if I want to trade with people. Or use the walk through walls thing. ;) I really like Pok?mon Diamond though. I am tempted to buy a second copy of the game to play through the story again.

For some reason it is just kind of a permanent thing now, but I have too many fun Pok?mon in that game to erase it. I think it was just the beginning of the game towns that act like I haven't unlocked trading yet. It's okay though, I just have to fly to the right town if I want to trade with people. Or use the walk through walls thing. ;) I really like Pok?mon Diamond though. I am tempted to buy a second copy of the game to play through the story again.

If you want to do that, maybe you should buy Platinum. They actually added more to the story, especially things surrounding Giratina.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you want to do that, maybe you should buy Platinum. They actually added more to the story, especially things surrounding Giratina.

I haven't played gen 4 in a long while.
:p Eh, tbh, I screwed up one of my games via AR. RIP Jirachi in Ruby version.
Anyway, I know some of the competitive stuff, but I suck at strategy.
For all the time I played the games though, I somehow managed to miss both occasions when the fanbase was at its peak.

Oh, but that one has the battle arcade and if I erase that one it will take forever to unlock it again. Maybe I should look for Pearl. I don't have that one.

I have been playing since leaf green, and to this day an after countless hours, I STILL do not understand battle tactics, IV's, or stats. I still play using cute pokemon of the generations and my starters. I am always amazed by those who have pokemon down to a science, I kinda wish I could understand it, but i can't be bothered lol. I go around and just pick who ever is the most aesthetically pleasing. (Lilligant my little princess ^.^)

75% of the strategy in Pokemon is knowing what opponents are capable of. That's really the hardest part because it takes a lot of knowledge of pokemon, their types, and their moves. In many cases you want to know specific setups that people may use so that you can predict what they are doing (many pokemon can serve different roles, but the possibilities are limited).

The remaining 25% is having a balanced team. The IV stuff is really only for the tinier numbers. A good IV team can still lose to a bad IV team.

75% of the strategy in Pokemon is knowing what opponents are capable of. That's really the hardest part because it takes a lot of knowledge of pokemon, their types, and their moves. In many cases you want to know specific setups that people may use so that you can predict what they are doing (many pokemon can serve different roles, but the possibilities are limited).

The remaining 25% is having a balanced team. The IV stuff is really only for the tinier numbers. A good IV team can still lose to a bad IV team.

I suck at most of this tbh. I like coming up with specific surprises and tricks. I DO at least 5iv most of my pokemon, though I haven't really gotten into gen 7 yet. It's always either a tank, or a well timed Garchomp that annihilates me.

Back