• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So yeh... 2013 anyone?

J087

a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
I'm not quite sure how it happened but I ended up becoming a mayor for a whole year.

attachment.php

And right now, 4 years later, I just don't have the guts to go back.
All the hatred of being gone.... All those wilted flowers.... Those..WEEDS!!!

But I kind of have to go back. As I nearly fainted last week after discovering that my partner ALSO used to be a mayor. In my opinion no one should ever be allowed to keep such a huge secret from you. Especially your partner! It's quite hard to describe the feeling of enjoyment I felt at that moment. But it's kind of like waking up in the morning, thinking you have to go to work or school, but it turns out to be a Saturday. That feeling times 20!

So we now have a second town which we'd like to reset and update to the age of amiibo's.
I just... don't know what Nintendo has changed and what new stuff they added.
I'm also quite sure I missed some nice event items and special furniture.

Are there any fans out there who could update me on these changes? Your help would be most appreciated. :blush:

Last edited:
Haha, that's neat that you and your partner share a common background!

I'll try to give you the rundown:
There's around 650 new items that you can obtain through RVs in the campground. The campground will be a new part of your town; it will be carved out along your town's wall and you can walk up this new hill to the site. Harvey is a new character who is in charge of this area and sells new items for MEOW coupons. What are those? They're a new type of currency in ACNL which you can obtain by completing daily challenges (like catching a certain amount of bug, fish, wearing a lucky item). A list of the town initiatives can be found here.

You can also earn MEOW coupons through summoning Wisp who lives in a magic lamp. By awakening him, you can scan Amiibo cards with a NFC scanner and call them to the campground. They'll set up an RV which you can order these new items from using MEOW coupons. You can call NPCs to the campground using their Amiibo figure, or the cards of old villagers they've brought back from previous games. More info here and here.

You can also scan cards of villagers and have them move into town! If your town is full, you can choose someone to kick out and be replaced. This bypasses the 16-villager cycle, which is so helpful.

There may be a lot more I missed as this was a huge addition. You can read more about it here. I'd highly recommend you update your game! :D

Last edited:
Also, when you update your town and play for the first time on Welcome Amiibo, your town will be as you left it. No weeds or wilted flowers, no villagers moved out. This only happens when you first get the update and play it though.

When you update your game to Welcome Amiibo, there will be no weeds in your town and none of your villagers will have moved out! I'm pretty sure Nintendo did this because so many people who hadn't played the game in a year or so would want to pick it up again after the update.

oh i didnt even realize that ,crikey i coulda fired up my town with current date, but instead i did a bunch of time travelling )(which i was about to recommend to the OP....)

That RV campsite, will it be placed somewhere in the town?
And if I understand correctly, you can collect your own residents by scanning cards? But you'll need a special scanner for that? I assume they too will want to move out as soon as your town is filled up?
So how about scanning physical amiibo's from say Smash Bros. Does that add anything?

Last edited:
That RV campsite, will it be placed somewhere in the town?
And if I understand correctly, you can collect your own residents by scanning cards? But you'll need a special scanner for that? I assume they too will want to move out as soon as your town is filled up?
So how about scanning physical amiibo's from say Smash Bros. Does that add anything?

The RV campsite is built into the side of your cliff, not in the village proper - you'll see an opening that is hard to miss.

You can collect your own villagers if you have their Amiibo cards; and yes, you will need to buy a scanner. I understand they are out of production, but used ones are still to be had at gaming stores and online.

Most players have reported that villagers scanned from Amiibo cards take a good long while - like months - to ask to move.

I have no idea on your last question.

As for physical amiibo figures, you get various exclusive villagers for scanning most (maybe all?) of the Legend of Zelda amiibos. Also, you can get exclusive furniture from the Animal Crossing amiibo figures (the ones that debuted for amiibo festival). Splatoon amiibos will give you some new villagers as well, and the Villager amiibo from smash bros gives you some exclusive furniture. Unless I'm forgetting someone, those are all the amiibo figures that will give you stuff in the game.

You can also now lay patterns down on the ground where you don't want incoming villagers to build their houses. That was a huge game-changer for me, since I'd gotten so sick of incomings just plopping themselves all over my gardens or trees or in front of buildings.

You can also now lay patterns down on the ground where you don't want incoming villagers to build their houses. That was a huge game-changer for me, since I'd gotten so sick of incomings just plopping themselves all over my gardens or trees or in front of buildings.

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but that has always been the case. At least in my experience. When I knew someone was about to move in I placed patterns everywhere. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I might even update my original town now....

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but that has always been the case. At least in my experience. When I knew someone was about to move in I placed patterns everywhere. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I might even update my original town now....

Didn't realize that - they moved in on patterns and paths in my town before the update and they don't anymore after the update. Oh well, glad I finally got it to work though, makes game life much easier.

No, the WA update definitely added the feature of villagers not moving onto patterns anymore. Saved me a lot of plot resetting. If you'd like to check out a full list of what the WA update added to the game you can go HERE and HERE to check things out ^^. Or you can just update or get a new game and see for yourself!

Back