• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager rant

Dashonthecob

Bells
Yesterday Carmen moved in and plotted right over my bushes. I'm pretty mad that she ruined my bushes and I really don't like her at all. Villagers from my brothers friends town keep moving in and I'm getting tired of having to TT to get them out. I'm also stressed because I have 10 villagers now so it's gonna be hard for me to TT to get someone else to move out since the last villager to move in won't move out till someone else does. My plan is to TT to get Melba to move out, then get Francine to move in which means more TTing and THEN TT again to get Carmen to leave and Diana will fill her place. I'm so frustrated I have to do all this and I don't have Francine or Diana's amiibo cards so I have to pay someone on here to scan them in for me. It's way overwhelming and I should have already filled up 10 villagers that I like but I just didn't expect someone to move in.

I know what you mean about unwanted move-ins and it seeming like too much work to kick them out. I know it's frustrating. Maybe take it in stages and not kill yourself with hours of TTing in one sitting. It's an annoying feature you have to be careful with, but for me personally it was worth it to have my dreamies living with me.
I wish I had Francine's or Diana's cards to help you out. There may be someone kind willing to scan them in for free.
Good luck. You got this! :D

Are they coming in by spotpass? Are you visiting their town/letting them visit yours while you have 9 or less villagers?
You can turn off spotpass and stretpass while you have 9 or less (10 if one in boxes is also dangerous) and not do any online activities until you have adopted and seen the plots you actually want. That way you'll be safe of voided villagers in the future. :)

Are they coming in by spotpass? Are you visiting their town/letting them visit yours while you have 9 or less villagers?
You can turn off spotpass and stretpass while you have 9 or less (10 if one in boxes is also dangerous) and not do any online activities until you have adopted and seen the plots you actually want. That way you'll be safe of voided villagers in the future. :)

I do have spotpass turned off, I thought it would help (which is why the move in took me by surprise) but my brother who lives in my town does visit his friends town a lot, so thats probably why.

I do have spotpass turned off, I thought it would help (which is why the move in took me by surprise) but my brother who lives in my town does visit his friends town a lot, so thats probably why.

That's definitely the reason! The only way of stopping this is telling him not to play online when you have someone in boxes or 9 villagers. I'm sure he can stop for one day, if you're quick to adopt. :)

Back