• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you get nervous/anxious/paranoid?

i am always anxious. i suffer from both anxiety and depression and when you mix those together it's absolute hell.

Almost always. I'm finally starting to think that anxiety meds are not evil and I should probably give them another try.

I have MAAAJJJORR paranoia.
I’m always paranoid about work, and also the smallest things like, say if I accidentally dropped a paper at work and my colleague saw and laughed at me... I’d be up all night and thinking about what a fool I made of myself and what would happen if I do it again. I get over some things, but then new things come into my head. That’s probably the reason I like to go out when I have free time, so that all the stress and paranoia I have inside will fade away from me... until I get back home and think about it.

I tend to get nervous if someone asks me something and I don't know the answer or how I can help them. I tend to get quiet when this happens and it stinks if I am on the phone because something people think I hung up on them when I am really just thinking. I am much better writing my thoughts than talking about them.

I usually try to calm myself down, but whenever I'm giving a presentation or answering a question in class, I can't help but be nervous about looking like an idiot or getting the answer wrong. And usually in the beginning of the first semester, whenever I have new teachers, I just don't talk in class. At all. Even when I know that the answer is 100% right, I always think that I'll stutter or stumble over my words and no one would take me seriously. But eventually, I stop being nervous around the end of the first semester to the beginning of the second, which always surprises people.

i am always anxious. i suffer from both anxiety and depression and when you mix those together it's absolute hell.

You're not alone... it's an awful mix, I know. I've overcome the worst of my depression but I still struggle with anxiety. My body responds that way to many non-threatening situations. My brain is wired that way, I can recall it being like that from a young age - exposure therapy is one of the best ways to treat it, or at least cope with it. It can be so unpleasant but I've put it into practice. It's helped me manage the anxiety I live with and become more adjusted to social experiences. I can do things now I wouldn't have imagined two years ago.

Wishing you guys well, there are always options to get to a better quality of life.

Back