• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Paths for my new town?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I?m really struggling to decide which type of paths I want for my new town! It?s going to be a nature, kind of
meadow themed town if that makes sense, I want the town to feel really open with lots of flowers. Does know of any path designs that would fit this theme? I thought maybe a dirt path or a wooden board path, but I?m not sure!

I've used dirt path and stepping stones for that kind of effect and I think they look nice. You can also lay a path that looks like a dirt path until you've sufficiently worn down a natural dirt path. I'm using a wooden board path in one of my towns and it gives it kind of a casual feel. I've seen some qr codes that have wooden boards that look like they are getting overgrown with grass that might work for what you're talking about.

I've used dirt path and stepping stones for that kind of effect and I think they look nice. You can also lay a path that looks like a dirt path until you've sufficiently worn down a natural dirt path. I'm using a wooden board path in one of my towns and it gives it kind of a casual feel. I've seen some qr codes that have wooden boards that look like they are getting overgrown with grass that might work for what you're talking about.

That's a great idea! I really like the idea of the overgrown wooden boards, I'm looking for some right now! Thank you <3

I much prefer a cobble stone type of path. I used it in my Riften/ Skyrim themed town with some grass mixed into it it looked really good! especially with all the different type of flowers.

If you have a set theme then you may have to match to that, otherwise I recommend trying to get an intricate one with details but that is fairly neutral. That way it can go with whatever aesthetic you want to pursue.

If you haven't already, you might have a look through these here: http://tobimorieko.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-27.html

I've used a couple of the qr codes, and gotten inspiration in designing my own, from that blog.

Oh awesome! Thanks so much :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I much prefer a cobble stone type of path. I used it in my Riften/ Skyrim themed town with some grass mixed into it it looked really good! especially with all the different type of flowers.

If you have a set theme then you may have to match to that, otherwise I recommend trying to get an intricate one with details but that is fairly neutral. That way it can go with whatever aesthetic you want to pursue.

I really like the idea of a grassy path! I'm struggling to find a wooden one that I like so I might end up going for the stone. Thank you!

Back