• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Wrath of the Egyptian Gods - Kingmaker (Game Thread) Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

N e s s

Waiting for something to happen?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
う
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Small Mailbox
Wrath of the Egyptian Gods
KINGMAKER

Cool banner possibly to be put in later

Egypt, a land prospering in development. The Egyptians were forming an excellent society for themselves, creating amazing structures and providing a safe home for it's citizens. All of this was done in thanks to the Gods. The people of Egypt would praise the gods for giving such a wonderful land for all, but the deity behind almost all of it was Osiris, the god of resurrection. Osiris acted as a king among Egypt, ruling as an excellent leader. But soon enough... all of that will change horribly.

How to play Kingmaker

In it's most basic form, Mafia is a game of 2 teams: Uninformed Majority vs. Informed Minority, otherwise known as Town vs. Mafia. The Town doesn't know who each other are or what eachother's roles are; only their own. The Mafia are informed from the start of the game as to who they are and who their team mates are. Since this is kingmaker mafia, the King may reserve all power to lynch someone but that isn't a reason to completely trust the king, as they can be mafia as well.

This is kingmaker mafia. One player is crowned king by the kingmaker as day begins and has the sole vote on who will be lynched that day. Should the kingmaker die, a townie will take their place as the new kingmaker. You cannot reveal yourself as the kingmaker in the thread. The game ends when there are no more townies left or when mafia equals or outnumbers the town.

The Town's win condition is achieved through killing all the mafia through voting during the day. Since this is kingmaker, only the king is allowed to vote during the day on who should be lynched. There is only one catch: The town members only know their own role, not anyone elses. So, the town needs to determine who to trust and who not to trust by reading into a player's motives.

The Mafia's wincondition is to survive until they equal or outnumber the town. This is achieved by killing players at night. The Mafia's kill per night ratio is the number of mafia divided by 2 rounded up.

The other alignment, Third Party, can be a variety of roles with a unique win condition that needs to be met. Third party roles may or may not be present.

Playerlist
Post filters provided by Dolby.​

1. Trundle Killed N2, Horus - God of the Pharaoh (Kingmaker)
2. SensaiGallade Endgamed, Thoth - God of Wisdom (Detective)
3. AmazonEvan19 Lynched D1, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
4. VanessaMay18 Killed N2, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
5. Dolby Endgamed, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
6. Toadsworthy Lost D3, Hathor - Goddess of Love (Lover)
7. Mogyay KermitTea xCleb Endgamed, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
8. Biancasbotique Endgamed, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
9. ITookYourWaffles Lynched D4, Khepri - God of Rebirth (2-Shot Janitor)
10. Tom Lynched D2, Montu - God of War (1-Shot Vigilante)
11. Chick Killed N1, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
12. Tae Byngo Modkilled D5, Apophis - God of Chaos (Roleblocker)
13. Heyden Endgamed, Sekhmet - Goddess of Healing (Doctor)
14. Tina Endgamed, Kingmaker (Formerly Townie)
15. Arstotzkan Lynched D3, Set - God of Violence (Godfather)
16. Jacob Lynched D5, Nephthys - Goddess of the Dead (Mafia Goon)
17. Ryumia Zendal Modkilled N2, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
18. Glow Killed N1, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)
19. PandaDarling Killed N3, Anubis - God of Embalming (Hero)
20. F11 Endgamed, Servant of the Pharaoh (Townie)

Players Remaining: 8/20​

Chick Replaced Mogyay
Ryumia Replaced Zendel
Kirbystarship
Dad
Jhin
Mogyay
KermitTea
FireNinja1
Farobi
Oath2Order

Mafia Format

PMs:
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed. If I am to find out anyone in the game is using out-of-thread communication, you will be modkilled and banned from mafia. So please just don't do it, nobody wants that.

This also includes speaking in the TBT Mafia Discord Channel, but I'll be a bit more mellow on this depending on what was said.

Activity:
You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game.

Civility:
While Mafia is prone to become heated, I ask that you do not personally attack other players. Arguing about the game is acceptable, but there is a fine line between being rude and doing things strategic to the game. If I find that you are being rude, you will receive one warning. After the warning, its an instantaneous mod-kill and ban from mafia.

Wills:
You may PM the host at night to create a will. This can contain any information you wish and will be revealed to all players should you die. Your will can only be changed once each night. Please title your PM to the host with the word "Will".

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Day 3.

Time Cycle and Phases:
The game will generally follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No actions will be accepted during this period. The final deadline will always be 8:00 PM CST. (7:00 PM EDT)

I will post time conversions depending on your timezone, if you ask.

Day:
During Day, the KING must choose someone to lynch. The day will end shortly after the king has voted. Night will then follow after the lynch post has been posted by me.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent activity speculation as to who used what.​

General Mafia Rules

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action and at worst is punishable by site ban.

Mod Font:
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Wisdom of the Crowds
WoTC is in effect this game. If a player has over half the playerlist with WoTC votes on them, they will be excused from the game. Please send these votes in via PM to me.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional at times. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's only a game.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fueling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Encryption:
Don't create messages that only one other person can understand. This counts as out of thread communication and will be counted as a modkill and ban from mafia.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and a ban from mafia for however long Tom decides to ban you. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Voting Rules

1. Voting is to be done in the voting thead.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
3. No conditional voting.
4. Only the king’s vote will be counted.
5. Unlike typical mafia, you cannot unvote. The king’s vote is absolute.

Credits

Thank you KarlaKGB for introducing mafia to TBT.
Thank you to Minties for providing some segments of the OP.
And thank you to Dolby, who I will inevitably ask to make post filters for me. /s

Time Until Next Phase:

bla_1509757200.png

Last edited:
Day 1

Osiris looked towards his brother glaring back at him with a sinister look. It was Set. He took only a few steps forward.

"Hello, brother." Set said, as he continued to slowly walk towards Osiris.

"Set? What was it you wished to meet with me about, brother?"

"I've come to ask you one simple favor: Step down from being the king, or else."

"I will do no such thing, you know that as the older sibling I am the rightful bearer of the throne."

"You've left me no choice, then."

Set shapeshifted into a terrifying beast and tackled Osiris. Osiris, being trapped and confused at what he was witnessing, attempted to talk Set into releasing him to no avail. Almost instantly, Osiris realized what was happening; He was about to killed at the hands of his own brother.

Set began to tear Osiris' body to shreds. Osiris started crying, he begged Set to stop, but the blows kept on coming. Osiris died only a few minutes later.

"There" Set triumphantly proclaimed. "This is only the first part of the plan, but soon enough, I will be the king. Wouldn't you agree to that?"

Osiris, God of Resurrection, was killed. He was the first pharaoh, and a new one must be chosen immediately.

Day 1 has began. The king has 48 hours to decide on someone to lynch.

The king for Day 1 was chosen to be Dolby.

Well I'm glad the game thread is separate from the signup thread. +1 from me, Ness.

Well maybe a RQS will help this quietness. Btw, I respect to only be refered to as "Dear Leader" or "Eternal President"

What is your time zone?:
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself):
How would you go about campaigning for king?:
Who would you lynch if king?:
Describe your playstyle:

PST
Probably Trundle because his play as king (if maf) would be so obvious that I could get a good read off of him
Oh god the memories
Arstotzkan who I guarantee you is the godfather and secretly Kolech EZIC scum. Ness unlock the voting thread so I can lynch this obvious scum thanks
As maf, you want to get rid of me early. I'm a master bluesniper and no role will remain hidden from me past D4 at latest. As town I'm an active contributor and pretty good player with solid contributions

What is your time zone?: AST
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself): I'm pretty happy with Dolby,
How would you go about campaigning for king?: Probably wouldn't do this until very late in the game, observing kings is easiest way to find scum in Kingmaker.
Who would you lynch if king?: Bianca for last game
Describe your playstyle: I'm gay

What is your time zone?: est
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself): Crys lol
How would you go about campaigning for king?: i'll probably just not I've never not mislynched
Who would you lynch if king?: Trundle he's the first player on the player list
Describe your play style: I try to sound smart LOL but I'm not

Is dolby being king result of a rng

What is your time zone?: EST
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself): Dolby is good, I think Byngo would be good as well because all of her reads were right in obs last game so assuming she's town she would likely lynch maf
How would you go about campaigning for king?: I don't want to be king. I'll lynch the wrong person
Who would you lynch if king?: Well it depends on who I/everyone else thinks is the most scumish
Describe your playstyle: I try my best but lbr everything I do is noobish

What is your time zone?: edt
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself):[/B] Bianca cuz she best player. there's an 80% chance she'd lynch correctly
How would you go about campaigning for king?: idk exactly what my approach would be, but i can def say it'd be heavily sprinkled with AtE : )
Who would you lynch if king?: tom
Describe your playstyle: def not an essay poster, def not aggressive and def not v logical either. i usually pop in to give thoughts and ye. i guess u'd say im a filthy casual

What is your time zone?: est
Who do/did you want to be king?(not yourself): Crys lol
How would you go about campaigning for king?: i'll probably just not I've never not mislynched
Who would you lynch if king?: Trundle he's the first player on the player list
Describe your play style: I try to sound smart LOL but I'm not

Is dolby being king result of a rng

No, it isn't.

Hey what’s up everybody it’s me Tom, TBT Moderator here asking you to like, subscribe and leave a comment down below the video. Little bit of housekeeping before we get started, I will be overnights this week so I won’t be active during normal ET hours. I am also a little sick so my activity might be wonkier since I keep nodding off during everything.

As for the other RQS that actually seem useful for once, King doesn’t really matter to me for day one. Outside of jokes I wouldn’t bother campaigning, kingmaker can king who they like. If I was king day one, I would probably lynch somebody traditionally quiet and slippery (Heyden for example [soz]). My playstyle is a mystery.

Also remember folks, no claiming. Townies are extremely valuable as Mafia just needs to eliminate them and kingmaker to win.

Ok so I know I've been reprimanded last game for using host actions to determine players' roles (by dolby because I used that in my scum case against him), but i think its probably accurate to assume dolby is town for now
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE* because if I don't put that people are gonna breathe fire if I change my mind

Ness giving scum king d1 would be funny tho

Ok so I know I've been reprimanded last game for using host actions to determine players' roles (by dolby because I used that in my scum case against him), but i think its probably accurate to assume dolby is town for now
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE* because if I don't put that people are gonna breathe fire if I change my mind

Ness giving scum king d1 would be funny tho
Dolby being town just because someone sent his name in? What kinda logic is that Jacob?

O i never played king maker b4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back