• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Wrath of the Egyptian Gods - Kingmaker (Game Thread) Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I’m blind, I don’t see reads from Jacob. So king, can we get an idea of where you stand today on players and who you think is on the chopping block for D2?

I meant, no offense but I am going with my guts on this one. I have a feeling that lynching you and you flip mafia might also tell me that Ryumia is mafia... and I am very clear on who I want lynched so I dont want king maker to pick me if he thinks you and Ryumia are truly town

So you don't have any confidence in your own two reads is what you're telling us?

VanessaMay18
Tae
Heyden
Tina
Dolby
KermitTea
Arstotzkan
Ryumia
PandaDarling
F11
ITookYourWaffles
Toadsworthy
SensaiGallade
Tom
Trundle
Biancasbotique

I just came up with this, some names more confident than other, and some names equally as confident as others. Based on my own interactions primarily, and if we don't have any interactions, a mix between my observations and gut feelings.

I'm really one for grouping and balancing.

Top Tier- If I were a host, this would be the pool for a balanced scum team:
Tina
Dolby
Arstotzkan
Tom
Trundle

I want to make a disclosure about my Trundle read, because he falls under my candidate for Scum Leader. I have basically no content to analyze from personal interactions between these 5.

I'm really refusing to believe all 5 are town though. I know they can all mask being mafia extremely well, so its hard to just observe and decide on their allignment, whether it be based on activity, style, or whatever, its so easy to switch up a meta.

That being said I got a red flag from Trundle, but didn't really bring it up earlier because once again its a personal thing.

From what you're saying here I'm pretty sure we are both on the same page for why we're reading Tina the way we are.

Day 1 I was basically dropping my thoughts as I do, not necessarily looking for feedback or anything...
Trundle town read me and was pretty vocal about it, which I really did appreciate, and then he dropped this quote, which I also appreciated. But then I tried thinking of his actual motivations behind the posts, and I can't really find a logical explanation. Did I read this post wrong, Trundle?

I decided to categorize the post as a pocketing technique, all supplemented by his vocal town reading of me. All too flattering coming from Trundle.

+ His extremely vocal scum lean he had on Tina, who I actually town-lean

So my only lead for the Top Tier group is Trundle, I'm extremely open to objections and opinions. Is it worth trying to take out the scum leader today? I have scum leans sprinkled in Bianca, Toads, ITYW and other slight susses as well

Oh, I see, because I haven't addressed Tom at all yet. I am really just basing Tom's play on his last play which I think was Death by Design (gosh i forgot but I know he was survivor before). Everything he is doing is just the same play he is doing.

For some reason, whenever I see Tom and Tina in a play, I just don't see them being scum together (or the host will put them both in same scum team). In my mind, if Tina is scum, Tom must be town and if Tom is scum, Tina must be town..or both are town ...Idk if everyone else has the same feelign about them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So for me both Tom and Tina are town. And if Tom is scum, then Tina must be definitely town
This... didn't answer my question lol. I was asking what are your reasons, if any, for scumleaning the Zendel/Trundle interaction. And what your thoughts are on Ryumia, separately from Zendel.

I didn't want to address your reads on me bc I didn't want to be accused of WIFOM, but honestly all of your reads on me have been scarily accurate. I'm always afraid of voicing my opinions bc confrontation terrifies me, this is a big problem for me irl and one of the reasons I'm playing mafia now is to try and get better at that (clearly not working so far :p). Anyways I didn't push a lynch on Heyden because it didn't seem like very many people were sussing him so the prospect of lynching him didn't seem like an option in my mind. So instead I tried to campaign for/against the people Dolby was actually considering, figuring that would be more effective.
god I relate with this on a spiritual level LOL. For what it's worth, I actually have the same issues w/ confrontation irl, but what helps me get past it in mafia is that there's no chance of offending someone here. Saying someone is scummy isn't a personal slam against them, and if they DO get offended, then it's bad on them because this is an environment where they're supposed to be getting questioned. Idk if that helps but it's something that helps me :)

Some thoughts/questions regarding your reads though:
- For f11, I disagree. If someone sounds like 3rd party, then I think that should be a scum lean since 3rd parties inherently only care about themselves more than anything else. I TR f11 personally but I find that logic a lil off.
- For me, you mentioned I'm null due to my experience. Why is Dolby/Tina a townlean/town respectively, considering their experience?
- What are your thoughts on Panda's and Tom's interactions?

You mentioned thinking Toads was scummy like the post right before this one. What happened to your Toads read?

still catching up, atm these poems are making me lose a little bit of my will to live LOL

Also^ Didn't mention that I forced myself to categorized players. Having nulls is NOT helpful.

I don’t think hunting for a leader should be our main priority here, priority should be dropping scum’s numbers in general.

Could I get you to expound on your Kat and Crys reads though?

No offence but I wouldn't really consider Trundle top tier, besides I'm pretty sure he's town. Looking at Tom and Kat though I honestly have no clue but I'm confident that there's scum in that pair.

Also Bianca is town plsssssssss.

I don’t think hunting for a leader should be our main priority here, priority should be dropping scum’s numbers in general.

Could I get you to expound on your Kat and Crys reads though?
Ya I'm gonna isolate them and explain what I can, not this second though. I think the best thing for me to do as King is isolate everyone which will kinda be a rough time but whatever

No offence but I wouldn't really consider Trundle top tier, besides I'm pretty sure he's town. Looking at Tom and Kat though I honestly have no clue but I'm confident that there's scum in that pair.

Also Bianca is town plsssssssss.

One of my main hookups about bianca is her refusal to explain why she scum reads me. I tried asking her and she kinda dodged.

Looking at indications, only Townies died at night. Dolby is a good blue sniper so I'd say chances are on the lower end of him being scum...
Also why do you suspect Dolby couldn?t be mafia based off townies dying instead of blue roles? Surely instead of Dolby killing people he suspects as blues, they send kills in on those he thinks aren?t?

My only problem is it could still easily be Tina/Dolby cos they're good at hiding blah blah. If they both survive tonight then that'll be interesting too considering they're strong townreads.

This... didn't answer my question lol. I was asking what are your reasons, if any, for scumleaning the Zendel/Trundle interaction. And what your thoughts are on Ryumia, separately from Zendel.

god I relate with this on a spiritual level LOL. For what it's worth, I actually have the same issues w/ confrontation irl, but what helps me get past it in mafia is that there's no chance of offending someone here. Saying someone is scummy isn't a personal slam against them, and if they DO get offended, then it's bad on them because this is an environment where they're supposed to be getting questioned. Idk if that helps but it's something that helps me :)

Some thoughts/questions regarding your reads though:
- For f11, I disagree. If someone sounds like 3rd party, then I think that should be a scum lean since 3rd parties inherently only care about themselves more than anything else. I TR f11 personally but I find that logic a lil off.
- For me, you mentioned I'm null due to my experience. Why is Dolby/Tina a townlean/town respectively, considering their experience?
- What are your thoughts on Panda's and Tom's interactions?

You mentioned thinking Toads was scummy like the post right before this one. What happened to your Toads read?

still catching up, atm these poems are making me lose a little bit of my will to live LOL

toads is totally scummy, but i'm having a hard time doing anything with him bc he's a waste of a lynch and all we can hope is that he either A.) helps town win. or B.) pray maf kills him off before he decides to switch sides. i think he's scummy for the way he pointed out that if town didnt go along w/ him he's just gonna flip sides and help maf instead but honestly what can we even do about it. i don't honestly think anyone with a brain would king him, so lets hope it just stays that way. on a side note can we mute him from poem writing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry id dint snip from ur post, im an idiot.

Also why do you suspect Dolby couldn’t be mafia based off townies dying instead of blue roles? Surely instead of Dolby killing people he suspects as blues, they send kills in on those he thinks aren’t?
Dolby just really hasn't given me a reason otherwise. I thought he appeared genuine. Why wouldn't he send in kills on blues?

VanessaMay18
Tae
Heyden
Tina
Dolby
KermitTea
Arstotzkan
Ryumia
PandaDarling
F11
ITookYourWaffles
Toadsworthy
SensaiGallade
Tom
Trundle
Biancasbotique

I just came up with this, some names more confident than other, and some names equally as confident as others. Based on my own interactions primarily, and if we don't have any interactions, a mix between my observations and gut feelings.

I'm really one for grouping and balancing.

Top Tier- If I were a host, this would be the pool for a balanced scum team:
Tina
Dolby
Arstotzkan
Tom
Trundle

I want to make a disclosure about my Trundle read, because he falls under my candidate for Scum Leader. I have basically no content to analyze from personal interactions between these 5.

I'm really refusing to believe all 5 are town though. I know they can all mask being mafia extremely well, so its hard to just observe and decide on their allignment, whether it be based on activity, style, or whatever, its so easy to switch up a meta.

That being said I got a red flag from Trundle, but didn't really bring it up earlier because once again its a personal thing.

Day 1 I was basically dropping my thoughts as I do, not necessarily looking for feedback or anything...
Trundle town read me and was pretty vocal about it, which I really did appreciate, and then he dropped this quote, which I also appreciated. But then I tried thinking of his actual motivations behind the posts, and I can't really find a logical explanation. Did I read this post wrong, Trundle?

I decided to categorize the post as a pocketing technique, all supplemented by his vocal town reading of me. All too flattering coming from Trundle.

+ His extremely vocal scum lean he had on Tina, who I actually town-lean

So my only lead for the Top Tier group is Trundle, I'm extremely open to objections and opinions. Is it worth trying to take out the scum leader today? I have scum leans sprinkled in Bianca, Toads, ITYW and other slight susses as well

I thought you were scum reading Tina? That's what I was thinking when I wrote the post. The "same page" aspect was something I was going to bring up today, one of my key reasons why I think Tina is scum. Other than her playstyle itself, the way she words her posts. One of my main reasons D1 of sussing Tina was that her posts was very composed as if they had been carefully put together - this is something Tina does as scum. You will normally see a lot more mistakes in her posts as mafia, and she used to admit to this herself. I have seen this less as D2 continued.

Oh, oh I see it:

"The game ends when there are no more townies left or when mafia equals or outnumbers the town."

I must've skipped that, I only read:
The Mafia's wincondition is to survive until they equal or outnumber the town. This is achieved by killing players at night. The Mafia's kill per night ratio is the number of mafia divided by 2 rounded up.

I mean that's my main "defense" in a sense, there really isn't much there for me to reply to. Is that single post the only reason you think I'm scum? I'm actually pretty confused about your read on me right now.

I thought you were scum reading Tina? That's what I was thinking when I wrote the post. The "same page" aspect was something I was going to bring up today, one of my key reasons why I think Tina is scum. Other than her playstyle itself, the way she words her posts. One of my main reasons D1 of sussing Tina was that her posts was very composed as if they had been carefully put together - this is something Tina does as scum. You will normally see a lot more mistakes in her posts as mafia, and she used to admit to this herself. I have seen this less as D2 continued.

I think you made a mistake there somewhere. Not sure which you meant.

Regardless, I'm sober D2 meanwhile spent much of D1 drunk.

Dolby just really hasn't given me a reason otherwise. I thought he appeared genuine. Why wouldn't he send in kills on blues?

Would it not be a faster win to kill all of the townies first? Help steer mislynches and then shoot who town doesn’t kill?

Using the ratio Ness always uses, not gonna say how much but we still have a fair amount of townies left I'd say

Nope, I wasn't scum reading Tina. I was explaining that Tina can be easier read as the game progresses.

It's interesting you bring that up though, I assumed that she was town because she's not really holding back. More to be said definitely but that's the jist
Also drops my assumption on pocketing, I guess? The motivation was still kinda there, but I guess I've been misinterpreting

Jacob if you decide to lynch me today please let me know an hour or two beforehand so I can prepare my post to guide town based on what I know

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nope, I wasn't scum reading Tina. I was explaining that Tina can be easier read as the game progresses.

It's interesting you bring that up though, I assumed that she was town because she's not really holding back. More to be said definitely but that's the jist
Also drops my assumption on pocketing, I guess? The motivation was still kinda there, but I guess I've been misinterpreting

I was trying to connect with you and get the town vs town confirmation going on LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back