• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is that one word you always misspell?

twins

So-Called Egg
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Peach (Fruit)
Red Candy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
White Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Leif
July Birthstone (Ruby)
White Pansy
What is that word that no matter how many times you try to spell it, you always end up misspelling it?

Mine is defintely definitely.

Nessacary/necescarily and literally, can't spell those two to save my life, even with autocorrect

We like... just had this thread... like not that long ago. But yeah any of those stupid double letter words where you can never figure out where the double is. Disappear is one that gets me every time. I always want it to be the s not the p.

We like... just had this thread... like not that long ago. But yeah any of those stupid double letter words where you can never figure out where the double is. Disappear is one that gets me every time. I always want it to be the s not the p.

I'm sorry, I'm not very active on this site so I had no idea.

everything haha i suck at spelling
but mostly "definitely"

I’ve misspelt thought so many times that my phone autocorrects it to thoguht now

embarrassing/embarassing. having both double r's and s's just seem strange to me
resuscitation/rescucitation. realized i wasn't sure how to spell it correctly in my health care ethics research class..

I have a few words I suck at spelling.

Necessary (spelled it wrong right them, of course)
Definitely
Convenience (which I oddly spelled right for the first time ever)
Vacuum (I always write vaccum for some reason)

as of now I relate so much to this:

odyessey.jpg

Analysis

Hey, I got it right for once! I used to spell 'restauraunt' wrong all the time, but then I realised it was because I was putting 'aunt' on the end, instead of 'ant.' Restaurant! Now I can spell it!

But I generally avoid using words I don't know how to spell. Cop-out, I know.

i dont know of any words i misspell all the time because when i notice that i often misspell something i'm aware of it and look up the right spelling every time i use the word hhhhh

i have had issues with lesson (lession), surprise (suprise), apparently (apparantly), genius (genious.... dont laugh at me i was like 11), business (buisness), embarrassed (embarassed or embarrased), preferred (preffered, prefered), possess (posess), sense (sence...), separate (seperate), unfortunately (unfortunatly), harass (harrass), most words that you add -ise or -ize at the end of (i never understand which one to use, iirc it's different in american and british english but ?? idk?? and sometimes i even write -ice lol), and any word like drunkenness or referred where the base word (drunken, refer) has one consonant at the end but when you add the suffix you add an additional consonant,i do it wrong so often except for the ones with L (accidental, hopeful) because those are easy.

necesary
nessary
necesarry
nesscesary

necessary

Ha, got there in the end.

irrelevant. irrelevent? irrevelent? irrevelant??? i will never not struggle with this word. jesus have mercy on the english language. save it pls.

i never spell it wrong but i always have to think about it as im writing it
occasion

Back