Skipping a major holiday

Jordon

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Has anyone ever skipped a major Holiday?

I procrastinated on playing and with 2 days to Haloween, it seems like too much work and time travelling to move my Haloween furniture from the museum to my house and vice versa plus collecting all the candy I'll need. Plus I have a villager birthday I missed so there's that I would need to time travel for...

Would you skip it?

i wouldn't say "skip" because i never really did it on purpose, it's just that sometimes when i take breaks from acnl a major holiday happens. the one i always miss is april fools day

i wouldn't say "skip" because i never really did it on purpose, it's just that sometimes when i take breaks from acnl a major holiday happens. the one i always miss is april fools day

That happened with me earlier this year. I only did the first and last fireworks display this year and I barely did any bug tournaments

Many - there are times when I don't play for months. I just pick up from there and hope to catch the next one. There are also times when I'm playing regularly and just don't bother with tournaments or holidays. The game is supposed to be for fun, after all.

yeah i agree with ravenblue sometimes it's not missing it's just what happens. some times in real life you don't prepare for a holiday so you can do your own thing. if you don't cook on thanksgiving, you can watch a movie. if you don't dye easter eggs, you can go on an easter walk

I rarely do them anymore, since they're exactly the same every year. April Fool's is good if you need villager pictures, but that's about it.

I'm skipping Halloween because I don't need any of the given items.

Planning to skip Halloween, I already have the creepy set...Twice!

I'm working on my third town, so yeah, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, recycled it already. I skip most holidays and tournaments now...it's fun letting my villagers win the tournaments. I go to the closing ceremonies, lol. Don't keep any of the HHA stuff, either. It was all fun the first time around but now would rather be landscaping or decorating or just chillin' fishing or diving.

Not really in New Leaf since I time travel all the time and can always go to the Holiday date if I want or need to, but I have missed Halloween in City Folk both last year and the year before. If I participate this year, it will be my first Halloween on CF.

I skip Holidays on purpose sometimes because I don't feel like doing the tasks. I almost never play NL on Toy Day, as I don't like how it was changed. I prefer the GCN and CF versions. :)

I skipped many times holidays, either because I don't have time or I'm not interested in it to "celebrate"
them. Toy day is probably the one I skipped mostly, since it's kinda my least favorite holiday. Honestly,
Im just too lazy to pay attention when my villagers talk about what they want on toy day. I also skip
holidays when I already have the items you can get on that day, don't need them multiple times. The
only one I still care for is April Fool's, because of the villager pictures, especially when I have on this
day the possibility to get the pictures of the villagers I still don't own yet.

I always, without fail, end up not playing during winter. I don't do it intentionally, but for some reason, I always end up forgetting about it/losing interest/having other things going on. So I've never done Toy Day.

I skip most tbh. I already have the items from them all and have done them before. If it falls on a day and time I can do it then I do..but if not I just let it skip over.

I only did weeding day once, but that is mostly because I forget when it happens and then I am never playing at that time. I haven't played AC much lately so I kind of been skipping every holiday right now. I may play Halloween later, but I would want to tt a bit earlier first since I also missed my birthday.

I've skipped many holidays, even if I end up playing that day I usually just go "meh" and do what I can while it's going on without participating. Mostly because they're really repetitive and I've done them before, so I have all the junk you get from it. But I mean, I am sure a ton of people miss the in game holidays simply because they're on the actual day of and they're usually doing things IRL for them.

I do skip a lot now that I think about it. That or I don't play them on the actual day, but later on i TT back to it. I'm also conveniently busy IRL on a lot of holidays. I am actually going to play Halloween this year though. I've already bought all the costumes, just need to stock up on some candy. I've skipped it previous years because I burned myself out preparing my town to look nice for a dream update in October so I took a hiatus and didn't play the actual day.

Yeah sometimes I do unless I need to play on that day for reasons, I did Halloween this "year" though. I never do Jingle though, too much effort to do just to get a stupid photo and whatnot lol. And I almost always skip the Fish/Bug tourneys unless I can get the gold net/rod

For the record, I've had New Leaf since May of 2014, and I have never once played on Christmas, never played on New Years, never played on Thanksgiving, only played on Easter once, and only played on Halloween once.

The holidays in New Leaf just aren't appealing to me at all. They're not as interesting as the holidays on AC:GCN.

Back