• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Perhaps the most important thing ever to be added to the series!

Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
I was thinking today of things I'd like to see in the new Animal Crossing switch game (when Nintendo finally decide to make one). And I think I may have come up with a way to solve all of our problems.

Moving forms.

Each time a villager wants to move into your town, you get a form sent to your town hall. This form tells you the name and type of villager moving in and a possible three locations in your town where they'd like to place their house. You could then either deny this form and the villager wouldn't move in, or accept it and pick one of the three locations the villager suggested for them to place their house. You could still keep the game system that tries to keep an equal amount of personalities in your town it just means they would have to be approved before they placed down a plot.

But this would also work in reverse too! Villagers wanting to move would have to first send you a moving form that you would then have to accept or deny before they could move. This would solve so many problems for players like myself that don't have the time to play daily and have lost multiple villagers in the past due to them slipping through the net and being in boxes before the mayor found out. It could be set up so that if the form wasn't replied to within a set amount of days that the villager just moved out of town anyway but it would at least give players more of a chance to pick up on villagers moving requests.

yeh, but if the villagers have to send in a form for permission to move out, then you've got yourself a communist dictatorship, eh.

/\/\/\/\ Yep. That would be ok, at least the move in part, in like a AC: Condo Manager.

I could see this being really fun and useful for certain types of players, so I don't think it's a bad idea! But I'm hesitant to change the move-in/move-out system too much. Here on The Bell Tree, it's easy to feel like everyone who plays AC is a diehard perfectionist who only wants their dreamies—usually cute, pastel, top-tier villagers—and will have their gameplay experience ruined if they don't have total control over the town. But I think that a lot of players find it relaxing and rewarding to play a game where they DON'T control everything, where new villagers are a surprise and relationships feel real. I wouldn't have met many of my favorite villagers if I got to choose who moved in, which is why I was a little hesitant about amiibos as well. I don't want Nintendo to kill off the spirit of the game by giving players so much control that they accomplish everything quickly and get bored and burnt out, and villagers become little more than props.

I fully agree with sheando, itd be convienient and nice to have as much control as possible but it won't feel organic or authentic. I'm hearing people rant about wanting to quit the game entirely and hating it for certain RNG elements and its,, getting somewhat tiring. You can't hate the game for not randomly generating the absolute perfect town you've been looking for the last two weeks.
Sure, the system probably wasn't executed well but we got to work with what we got and just hope Nintendo improves on it if theres a new installation to the series.

I'd argue it'd be much more enjoyable if You just,, let what happens happen. Sticking with the same villagers, same theme, same fruit, grass pattern, rock and pond placement, it goes on, just seems boring and repetitive. Is it really a game to you anymore if you give yourself such restrictions

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just a quick addition: I don't mean to attack you or anything I guess i kinda accidentally let out my frustrations on this on you ;o; I hope you don't take it the wrong way

Last edited:
yeh, but if the villagers have to send in a form for permission to move out, then you've got yourself a communist dictatorship, eh.

Yeah but that pretty much what we've got anyway. I mean, forcing villagers to move in and out via amibo cards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I understand how this fiction could be used to biase a town toward dreamies, but it wouldn't allow a player to actually choose the villager who wanted to move in. The game would still pick a random villager each time and try to keep the town personalities equal. For example, you wouldn't be able to have a town full of Pepys because after a certain amount the game would stop picking peppy villagers to move in and instead would pick either jocks or crankys etc and no matter how many time a player denied these requests they still wouldn't have any more peppy requests until the personalities had levelled out.

Last edited:
i think it's a good idea as a fail safe method because it's easier to check your mail than talk to all of your villagers if you are very busy, but i think it would be funny and cool if not everyone filled out the forms right so you still have some random elements

like sometimes the name of the villager is smudged so you just get three locations, or sometimes you get to pick between two options but the villager could pick the secret third one, or there's a "mix up" and the wrong villager moves in.

when moving out, a villager could realize they didn't fill out the forms properly and not move or else isabelle could have you talk to them because they didn't put something, or someone who you denied yesterday can have applied again the very next day

to go even more there could be an NPC who is just in charge of all of the paperwork of moving

Back