• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

• Total voters
Maybe I'd do it if I had the money to buy my own amiibo cards. Otherwise, I have to ask people for amiibo items or villagers.

No, I find it more fun to visit people and trade with them. I find it fun to help people in the train station if my shop has a spotlight item or roof design someone has been looking for.

That's how I played the game until I found the forums lol. If I was able to do a solo town on ACNL for a year, you can too.

Since Marie's house in my town is FULL of WA items, I'd have to say no.

I don't want to buy the squid sister amiibos just for in-game items (besides splatoon)

It would be nearly impossible to obtain the splatoon in-game items in ACNL without trading/ using the amiibo ;-;

i am currently because my internet isn't allowing my 3ds to trade :/

I'm not doing a 100% solo town. However, I am trying to breed all my hybrids by myself. So far I've gotten 20 blue roses, 15 blue pansies, 3 black roses, 8 pink roses, 2 black lilies, and a purple rose. I must not use any hybrids gifted by others.

Another reason I chose to breed my own flowers is because I discovered the complexity of hybrid breeding in ACNL and decided it's better to use my own home-bred flowers to make it easier to keep track.

Let's bump this thread to see all the viewpoints! \(>w<)/

This idea does not appeal to me at all and would in fact diminish my interest and enjoyment in the game, so no, I would never willingly make a solo town. I have neither the desire to track down amiibo cards nor the spare funds to spend on them at the moment. There are too many items that I want for my towns that are exclusive to things I don't have access to, like amiibo RVs or Happy Home Designer save data.

More power to you though. I hope you enjoy it.

It would be impossible for me. I like trading too much. Im sure if trading werent involved I would go nuts and then forget I ever had acnl.

I had a solo town until I found this website. Never again xD

This EXACTLY! Solo for 8 months. Thought I would never get a silver axe or the rococo floor. That floor was the first thing I bought on TBT and I was hooked. I have the Felyne figurine and the Jacob and Rover cards and no others, soooo....NO WAY! I would consider my town extremely boring and tedious w/o all the unorderables I have gotten on here. What would my rooms look like w/o my favorite item, the sailboat model?!!?? Or the Super Sea Snail, or the sea globe, or the....

For some reason, I can't play games without online interaction. I'm not sure why, I guess I just find it too boring without others to play with. So it's kinda impossible for me.

I've never played any other way to be honest. I don't know anyone who plays AC:NL and my 3ds is old and doesn't like connecting to the internet, so I've never visited anyone or had anyone visit me outside of dream towns. It is totally possible to do all the same stuff, it just takes a lot longer. I have no clue how complete my town is or anything like that, but I'm happy with it. *shrugs* I guess you can't miss what you've never had.

Last edited:
I've never played any other way to be honest. I don't know anyone who plays AC:NL and my 3ds is old and doesn't like connecting to the internet, so I've never visited anyone or had anyone visit me outside of dream towns. It is totally possible to do all the same stuff, it just takes a lost longer. I have no clue how complete my town is or anything like that, but I'm happy with it. *shrugs* I guess you can't miss what you've never had.

The taking longer to get stuff bit is what keeps me playing, I've discovered. Once I found out about item codes in the Gamecube version, I lost a lot of interest once I had everything I wanted. I have the capability to trade in New Leaf now (I didn't for years), but I only trade within my own towns and I recently started a new town where I play completely solo (no trading or that kind of thing) because I like the challenge of it.

I?m not sure actually, but I do have a second copy I haven?t used yet and I think it would be a really unique experience. However I do get impatient quickly so I don?t know at the same time. Maybe someday?

sounds pretty interesting! multiplayer mode/trading has always been a big part of the experience for me. when I first started out me and my friends would always help out with each others' towns, and then I eventually got into trading on here and other sites. maybe i'd do it when the switch game comes out/acnl dies down a little bit?

Back