Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

• Total voters
I feel like now that I've finished my town, maybe doing a challenge like this will help me start playing again, even though I feel like this challenge would just be torture really lol. People who power through this must be tough and patient af. :p

Got the game on release and played solo in my main town for along time. Only used online to visit Japan towns to get event stuff and my other towns to get visit/host badges. I did go on the trading board to buy items that were from other regions. An online friend gave me the birthday song and a dress that never showed up. My main town is not opened for online friends.

My other towns didn't play solo. They cataloged a lot from my main town and other towns. Cataloged other items from players cataloging events.

Q: Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

A: To be completely honest here... I believe I've already did the challenge of doing a solo town based on the requirements of what the solo town challenge has stated. When I first got the game in my possession I didn't rely on anyone to get the things I needed for my first town. I usually started over my town again once I got the perfect town rating due to not finding other things to do at the time. I only started to buy/sell/trade with other once I found other animal crossing communities. To do the solo town challenge again is something I am unsure at the moment. Perhaps I will do so. Or perhaps I wouldn't ever attempt it again.

Nah, probably not. Decorating rooms and landscaping are some of my favorite things to do and I often have specific ideas. It's no fun having to wait ages to get the items you need (not to mention that some of them aren't even available in my region). If I have inspiration, I can't just sit around!

Yes, I've only ever done solo towns. The only thing I've ever gotten from the forums is villagers.

Probably not. I think one of the best features in the game is the online trading ability. It's also a major part of the gameplay and you'd be missing out on badges and such by not using this feature.

No way. I don't have the patience to breed my own flowers, and since all if the WA villagers and items can only be obtained through the cards of trading, trading is the much cheaper option. Region-specific items can only be obtained through trading as well, provided you don't hack. I think the trading aspect of AC:NL is part of what makes it fun for me.

Back