Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

Would You Ever Do A Solo Town?

• Total voters
I used to do that all the time before I knew forums like this existed.
I'd probably just have a generic theme though as I feel like it would take forever to have all of my dreamies.

I kinda did something like this back when the game came out and I couldn't go online with my 3DS,
until a certain time. However, I never finished the town. I guess I would try to do such a solo town
again and this time, I would also try to complete the town (or at least as good as possible).

No, I wouldn't. You're supposed to trade, have visitors, visit other towns. The game has been designed for local (later online) play since the beginning.

I honestly wouldn't have the patience for it. There are so many things you can't get without trading with others. Imagine trying to get all the fruit on your own? Unless a villager happens to have it and gives it to you, forget it x-x AC is meant for trading and visiting others, I couldn't do a 'solo' town.

Well what everyone is saying is true. This game is meant to be played with others. Even though I'm not buying anything from anyone, I still actively visit other people and they visit me. Like today, Porter is being worked to the bone.

I could never do it. I'm impatient a lot of the time and I want everything done fast. Also i'm lazy waiting forever to get everything, lol

When I first was on this fourm, I really had no idea what to do with it, so in a way, yes I have done that in my town, i brought literally most of the items, clothing, found all fossils and pictures by myself. I really only traded for things that I could never get which is the items you get from the RV's (because I dont have that card reader or any cards, well some~) I'ma going to do that again with another copy, because I forgot how it felt to own a new town and explore it the way I did when I first played. Since I can't remember XD

I guess you could say that all of my towns so far have been "solo" since I've never traded... Which actually makes me want to start trading :p

I have absolutely no offline friends that play ACNL, or even have consoles for it, so I do pretty much everything by myself. I've only just now started actually trading for things, or buying things, but all of the items I have were obtained in my own town.

I’ve always played solo. Never done any trading at all online. It’s quite easy to do once you get the hang of it. Fully expanded house, complete Main Street, complete sets from Gracie grace and a full museum (all sections). Complete bug list + fish lists and all the flowers, too. I have 850,000,000 bells in the bank at the current moment from years of island hopping (I think it’s called)
The best thing to do is to find quick ways to make money and do it every day

Last edited:
Wow, so many people have apparently been doing a solo town- I thought it would be less common since it's a trading forum ^_^
Although what Garrett says is true, that the game is made to trade, I'm not saying you don't play with anybody. Just that you don't buy/trade on Re-Tail for example ^_^

Last edited:
That's what I did before joining the forums, and it was a hot mess... I like trading and playing with people so I mean, I don't mind "cheating" that's why the feature was built into the game, I mean partly. Or else they wouldn't LET you trade.

I haven't been on here for more than a month so I've been doing solo towns ever since I started ACNL. Back when I played ACWW I still had lots of friends who also had the game so I traded quite a bit. (Nothing better than staying over at someones house and not talk because you're playing haha)
I've never been big on dreamies (I got one villager from on here for the nostalgia) so I feel like I'm mainly doing a solo town right now. It feels great to finally find the missing piece of furniture of a series you love in the shop!

Back