Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I've settled all the permanent animals of Hangzhou and am now working on landscapping. I got most of the PWPs I want requested but... I want the round topiary. Now, it can only be acquired on weeding day if your town has no weed, right? It was way back on the year, April, I think?
So I'd have to time travel, which I really rather not do. But I also don't want to wait until next year, so correct me if I'm wrong, but this is want I should do so that no one moves and I'm safe:

1)Time travel straight to the day before the weeding day (it'll count as traveling one day forward)
2)Check for weeds, if there isn't any, close in for the day
3)Next day will be weeding day, get PWPs, wrap things up.
4)Stay playing in the same month until someone pings to move, deny the move, close up.
5)Travel directly to the current day.

Is this right? Is it safe? I'm really nervous. :(
Thank you!

Sounds perfectly safe to me.
I admit I TT'd to get the topiaries as well because I never had them and wanted them. Didn't lose any of my villagers.

1)Time travel straight to the day before the weeding day (it'll count as traveling one day forward)
2)Check for weeds, if there isn't any, close in for the day
3)Next day will be weeding day, get PWPs, wrap things up.
4)Stay playing in the same month until someone pings to move, deny the move, close up.
5)Travel directly to the current day.
Yeah, that sounds perfect! The only thing that you could do to make it easier for yourself is to time travel to the previous day to Weeding Day before 6am. So like, maybe try time travelling the day before Weeding day on 5:50am so that you could check your whole town for weeds. The day starts at 6am, so it is easier so you don’t have to close and open your DS and time travel. If there’s no weeds in your town before 6am strikes, then you should be able to walk up to Leif (only in your mayor character) and get the three topiaries. I think you could also go in another player’s slot and get furniture from Leif as well, correct me if I'm wrong.

It should be fine - I would wait until a day that someone pings you to move, decline it, and then time travel backward. I always go through this if I'm not going to play for a while, it works for TTing too.

If someone is programmed to move and you don't stop them, time travelling backward could cause you to lose them. You can safely jump time in any amount if you catch a villager's ping today. You won't get another request to move until you play next.

Good luck! I love the topiaries, I'm sure they'll look very nice in your town :)

It should be fine - I would wait until a day that someone pings you to move, decline it, and then time travel backward. I always go through this if I'm not going to play for a while, it works for TTing too.

If someone is programmed to move and you don't stop them, time travelling backward could cause you to lose them. You can safely jump time in any amount if you catch a villager's ping today. You won't get another request to move until you play next.

Good luck! I love the topiaries, I'm sure they'll look very nice in your town :)

This!! Always play it safe

Hi, I've been thinking about the topiarys lately, already have them, but no ideas of how to use them. Photos, anyone?

I think the square topiaries look nice side by side like this:

46b50dc41fa071de841d885bbd726fe4--acnl-ideas-acnl-town-ideas.jpg
topiaries.jpg

They are also very pretty among flowers and bushes:

QPdfjxp.jpg

You can get very creative decorating around them :)

Thank you, Jeannine and everyone! I'll try it as soon as I get a ping. Wish me luck... >v<

oh i did this last year and my villager Chriisy is unexpectedly moved out of my town. i did TT back 2012 then TT in 2016 real time.

I've done this for the golden rod for one player.
Stopped a mover and TT back one month. Got the golden fishing rod and spoke to all the villagers. Found out another one was trying to leave town. Stopped the mover and than jumped back to real time.

Checked on all the villagers when I jumped back to real time to get the where have you been out of the way. I had to save/quit a couple of time to make sure that I spoke to all of the villagers. One time I didn't and the next day I had 3 villagers asking where I was. Made sure no one was leaving town before closing the game for the night.

Update on the state of matters: I stopped Angus from moving and immediately traveled back to April 27th. There were still no weeds and the villagers talked to me normally. Seeing the spring colors and bugs is so weird! Got the PWPs.
Now, I'll keep playing daily and wait for the next natural ping... when it comes, I should say no and immediately save and quit and jump to today's date using Isabelle and my mayor, correct? I'm really nervous... >v<

Last edited:
I think the square topiaries look nice side by side like this:

View attachment 210319
View attachment 210320

They are also very pretty among flowers and bushes:

View attachment 210321

You can get very creative decorating around them :)

The square ones look AMAZING like that. I wish I had room by my bridges to put them out like that *A*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Update on the state of matters: I stopped Angus from moving and immediately traveled back to April 27th. There were still no weeds and the villagers talked to me normally. Seeing the spring colors and bugs is so weird! Got the PWPs.
Now, I'll keep playing daily and wait for the next natural ping... when it comes, I should say no and immediately save and quit and jump to today's date using Isabelle and my mayor, correct? I'm really nervous... >v<

Yep, that's the best method to be really safe. Any time you have a villager to move and you decline, you're safe to save, quit, and travel to any time you want to. (It also works great when you need a break from the game too)

Yep, that's the best method to be really safe. Any time you have a villager to move and you decline, you're safe to save, quit, and travel to any time you want to. (It also works great when you need a break from the game too)

Ok, thanks! I'm bad at time traveling as I've had some scares with plot resetting before... but I'm determined to make it work! ;v;
Today the trees changed color too, they're so pretty in red! I can't be stuck in spring much longer. >~<

Ok, thanks! I'm bad at time traveling as I've had some scares with plot resetting before... but I'm determined to make it work! ;v;
Today the trees changed color too, they're so pretty in red! I can't be stuck in spring much longer. >~<

I actually time traveled back to spring because I can't stand this time of year in-game haha. It inspired me so much and I got a ton of landscaping done and my town looks amazing.
It's funny because fall is my favorite in real life, but I can't stand it in new leaf

I actually time traveled back to spring because I can't stand this time of year in-game haha. It inspired me so much and I got a ton of landscaping done and my town looks amazing.
It's funny because fall is my favorite in real life, but I can't stand it in new leaf

I was just admiring the changing fall colors in the game - I really like it. :) Where I live, we don't really have fall and nothing changes colors, so fall in-game is all I've got, haha. I do love in-game spring and summer though - it is very inspiring for landscaping and such.

I was just admiring the changing fall colors in the game - I really like it. :) Where I live, we don't really have fall and nothing changes colors, so fall in-game is all I've got, haha. I do love in-game spring and summer though - it is very inspiring for landscaping and such.

I would like fall in the game a lot more if everything didn't look so dead. I mean, the grass doesn't instantly die and turn yellow the moment it turns fall, but it does in game. I'd like more green in town, or at least more color in general. It would be more realistic that way. Grass tends to die more in the winter, and it just starts to in the fall.
Looking out the window, our grass is still fairly green.
I dunno, I just wish they'd done a bit better with fall to make it more cheery like fall is in real life.

I would like fall in the game a lot more if everything didn't look so dead. I mean, the grass doesn't instantly die and turn yellow the moment it turns fall, but it does in game. I'd like more green in town, or at least more color in general. It would be more realistic that way. Grass tends to die more in the winter, and it just starts to in the fall.
Looking out the window, our grass is still fairly green.
I dunno, I just wish they'd done a bit better with fall to make it more cheery like fall is in real life.

Ahh, I see - I guess I kind of equate the yellow grass with the color of wheat, so my mind isn't thinking "dead", it's just thinking of fields or something. Or like the fallow fields where the grass grows high and it's mostly that straw color even though it's not dead. In summer where I live, the grass actually does die and turn brown practically as soon as summer hits, haha. Maybe in an update or new installment they'll change it a bit to look more cheery. We can hope anyway...

Back