Anyone underwhelmed by it or doubt you'll play it?

meo

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Just curious. Mostly I see a lot of excitement for it. Just wondering if there's any others out there that may be kind of on the fence or underwhelmed.

I'll be honest that I'm not really intrigued by a mobile version but I don't really care for mobile games in general. It looks cute and I'm happy to see there's skin tone choices which means great changes for future game versions.

It seems like someone specified that so far you really will maintaining just doing tasks (fishing, bugs, orchard picking, etc). While I enjoy those aspects in new leaf, I wouldn't say it's what appeals me to the game. It looks like pocket camp gives you a bit of opportunity to decorate and design but understandably not what you can do with new leaf or a console version.

I think I will download it once it releases in the US. However, realistically, I don't think it's going to motivate me to play long term compared to new leaf.

Any others lol?

I doubt I'll play it much because I can't be bothered finding a workaround to get it running on rooted devices and I don't have anything that isn't both not rooted and compatible with Pocket Camp. Plus it has typical mobile game downfalls.

i don't think i'll be playing much either. it will probably fizzle out a bit like pokemonGO, i think the graphics are amazing for a mobile game and it's enough to keep me entertained for now but it's missing a lot of things that keep me going back to new leaf.
(for example, collecting bugs and fish - so far i see no means of collecting them or donating/scrapbooking). since it's a mobile game i'm sure there are a lot of updates coming to keep us on our toes but nothing is certain!

Last edited:
It's very repetitive and for some crafts you have to wait too long, unless you are willing to spend real $.

I thought I would be bored of it very quickly (less than a day) but I'm enjoying it more and more as I keep playing it. We will see in a few weeks though!

I'm extremely excited but have an underlying feeling that the game will get boring relatively fast. I seriously hope that this isn't the case :( I've got high hopes for this, Nintendo!

I am highly skeptical...
I tend to find mobile games disappointing, and the idea of micro transactions in an Animal Crossing game just doesn't sit well with me, honestly. Chances are I will try it, not like it, and resume waiting on a real AC title to come out on a 3ds or Switch. :|

its not something that im going to play for 3 hours everyday like i did when nl was released,
but i love that its something that i can just turn on when i needa kill time on the bus, or while im waiting for something! i imagine that is how most people will play the game

Last edited:
its amazing but i definitely see some flaws and it did feel a bit repetitive after the 5th task for a villager. decorating is very similar to hhd and the way we get items like clothes and furniture seems like it will be mind ****ingly difficult to achieve. pocket camp diehards dont come for me

The game is pretty good, a lot of items seem kind of annoying to obtain bell-wise, but it's still a fun game, I kinda want some of the game actions they have in the mobile game in a new animal crossing game if they make one. the idea of having more requests from villagers gives me more to do in the game and makes it fun for me at least. I like having more than one thing to give them, especially bugs, fruits, etc, give me more incentive to collect things other than the encyclopedia lol

Micro-transactions do seem disappointing, but so far it seems like the game has a nice way of giving you leaf tickets.

I do love the mobile game, but I have to admit I'm more interested in having a new 3DS/Switch animal crossing game lol

I think it'll be a fun game for me to play on the bus/train on my way to work but if I'm at home, I don't see me choosing this game over ACNL (which I'm already burnt out from) for long. If it had brand new villagers/clothes/furniture I would have been more excited but it's all the same stuff so I don't see the point in collecting them. I'm most excited about customising the camper and the amenities. But I'm still going to give the game a chance because I used to think ACNL would be boring and I was 100% wrong about that, so I hope that's the case here.

The formula of this game seems to be something I would get bored of after a couple months, even weeks of playing. This whole task-based playstyle (fetching things for villagers, waiting x-amount of time for a PWP to be complete etc) i think could get really repetitive, especially since I know I won't be spending a dime on this game. That said, i'm just super excited for an even more portable AC game. I think I'd be happy enough to have something AC-related accessible at my finger tips when I'm really bored at work or something? I've always loved the franchise so I will probably be hooked on the cute-factor for a while, if it ever comes out in my country lol. I'm also really excited to see features that could potentially show up in the future switch game... I'm already imagining all the new PWPs, possible gardens/backyards you can make with those fences?, NPCs, skin colour picker etc.

I'll likely take a pass and wait for a proper AC game. I feel like it's just a basic level up mobile game like so many others?a time killer essentially?with AC painted over.

I want to play it but...I don't have a smartphone. I broke mine a while ago and we don't have the money to replace it. It's also not available in my country :/

So idk, if I'm able to use my dad's phone and set up a VPN or w.e. to get up and running then yea I'll play. I really just have a mighty need to play or have anything that's animal crossing related.

i like it but i dont think it will be super fun to play for several months. sure, there are a lot of things you can do but there's not enough content that i feel like i will be addicted to it for a long time. i like it ansd i didnt really expect anything from it so i'm still pleasantly surprised but i'm not, like, ultra hyped or anything

my expectations weren't very high in the first place but I was quite pleasantly surprised, however i can see it getting very old very quickly and it does look pretty grindy if you're not going to pay them money. also the main aim is to decorate villagers RV's which makes it HHD 2.0 with a few more short tasks on the side. it's alright though, since it's free.

extremely underwhelmed. i was expecting something more. this just doesn't cut it. it's repetitive and boring and i'll still give it a try but most likely grow bored of it a few days into it.

It's been fun so far. It has that Animal Crossing charm.

I can't predict whether I'll still be playing in a few weeks. Maybe I'll play it like Fire Emblem Heroes, just log in daily for bonuses, then only play the parts I want to when I'm in the mood.

These free to play games can get very grindy. I ended up deleting all the 3DS FtP games I had. Just couldn't take the grind with little progress.

Back