• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Long Did You Curse Gracie's Name?

SpookySweet

Bells
Tasty Cake
Yesterday I had my last fashion check (I'd hoarded a set of every type in my museum) and it seems that I was very, very lucky. A friend claims Gracie has only visited twice or so in two years (she doesn't check every day) and others have said that it took a very long time to get all 4 fashion checks.

It took me two months, and she visited twice in the past 2 weeks. :x

So I'm curious- how long did 4 fashion checks take you? Or how many have you gotten so far?

I think she appears on fridays?
Mmm, maybe a month for Heather? She's not allowed in any of my new towns though, the big, yellow snob. -_-

I only needed to get her to visit once, then by travelling to the next day, and then back to her visit day repeatedly I dd all four checks very fast

She appeared every week for me, and because I was hording clothes since day one I had no issues! If you don't know to collect clothes it's a hassle though, and there always seems to be one theme that you can't find.

It happens, I hate her guts, so maybe I will curse her name for some hours and then play the game like nothing happened, it?s an endless cycle

Actually, I did a little trick to get Gracie to visit me, without having to wait ages. It's been quite a while since I did the trick, though, so I apologize if I've gotten the steps wrong.

If I remember correctly, I simply time traveled back to the date when Gracie visited me. You should see Gracie in the town hall, and get a new fashion check. Once you're done, you can time travel forward a few days, then back to the date and still get a new fashion check. If that doesn't work, then you might have to wait a few days (or a day) IRL. I'm kinda iffy about that step, but hey - it's worth trying. Just be careful about your villagers moving out in the process of time travelling, though. Hopefully this helps.

I only needed to get her to visit once, then by travelling to the next day, and then back to her visit day repeatedly I dd all four checks very fast

Oops, I didn't see this post! >-<

Last edited:
She appeared for the third time today, passed that(only just but it was iconic and I have nothing) and time travelled forward a day and then back... struggled with the fourth time (with Rock n Roll) but managed, finally. What kind of logic does Gracie have to berate pairing the bone shirt and pants together but manages to give mediocre praise upon switching to the after school jacket. Jog on Gracie, I want that last shop upgrade. >_<

Last edited:
I hated getting fashion checks. Though, she did appear once every 2 weeks (on average), I swear she had some sort of personal vendetta on ME and I don't know why. Like, every time I would follow EXACTLY what she said the theme was, and then she would find seriously everything WRONG with the outfit and I'm like, "GRACIE CHILL OUT!! I'm not the one who started out in France... Pretty sure that was YOU."

I've been through the process twice. Both times she visited once a week and it was all over within a month.

And no time traveling was necessary. ;)

Ahh, yeah, I forgot about time traveling! I prefer to not do that, not because I have a moral preference against it or anything, but because it makes me lose interest in the game when everything gets "too easy." I'd just heard a lot of Gracie horror stories! :p

It's been a while since I got them, but I believe it only took me a couple months. I guess it's just important to check every day as she's random and seems to be rare. Without time travelling, it can definitely be frustrating.

It wasn't too long for me, I think. I kept trying to get Jitters to move out of my town and, during my TT-ing, I encountered her a couple times (This was after a hiatus in which I'd already gotten two approved Fashion Checks and only needed two more). The real challenge was finding clothes to fit the theme, because I exclusively have basic and cute clothes, since those are the only ones I like having my mayor wear. So I borrowed clothes from people on here, thank god, and got my Fashion Checks, which otherwise wouldn't have gone through had I not asked others for help oops

I got it pretty fast, I always tt day by day when I do tt so I caught her when she was in town.

I started the game 25 Dec 2015. I finally finished Gracie's stupid fashion check this July 2017. One year and and 7 months it took me. Okey I wasn't the most organised but still. I hate that giraffe. And the irony? I'm not even a fan of most of the series she sells. /).-

She appeared every week for me, and because I was hording clothes since day one I had no issues! If you don't know to collect clothes it's a hassle though, and there always seems to be one theme that you can't find.

Same for me. Aside from not seeing Saharah one week (Which honestly didn't bother me), I've NEVER had problems with special visitors showing up. I just assumed it was programmed for them to show up once a week until I've read people's horror stories about their sudden absence. I wonder what determines whether they show up or not? Luck? Feng shui?

Anyway, one more fashion check to go over here! Though is it me, or does Gracie seem A LOT more toned down in NL? I remember she was an all out ****** in WW and the GCN games (don't remember how she acted in City Folk though).

Last edited:
Back