• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What could they add to make each villager more unique?

Mu~

🧸
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Poptart Easter Egg
We've got a very small variety of personalities, so it gets tiring reading the same dialogues over and over.
I think a good addition to each villager's personality, they could have certain features of the zodiac sign they have.

Last edited:
Every Couple Of weeks they update the dioalog Until said console Dies Oh, And This Go's For The Shop keepers Aswell Like You Go Talk To Them And It Has A Whats On Your Mind Option? Thing And Villagers Just Trigger It By Talking To Them. I'd Add More Detph To It I'd Love That I'd Be SUPER COOL

I'm a huge fan of the more unique character designs (such as Lucky, Ankha, Merengue, etc), and maybe incorporating more defining characteristics into a villager would make them stand out! I would love more variety in conversation, especially ones that are more personalized depending on the villager, but I do understand that it would be hard to make every single villager unique.

I've always said that Nintendo should attain in adding more dialogue exclusive to each (or some/most) villagers. I also wouldn't mind more personality types, and cooler and much more stand-outish designs.

I think it would be cool if each villager had dialogue only they say. That way if you have several villagers with the same personality, they wouldn't all be telling you the same thing. Or maybe there could also be dialogue for specific animal species. Like birds talking about flying or something like that.

they toned all the personalities down a LOT for this game compared to some old ones, honestly if they just acted like they did in the gamecube game in the next one I'd be happy enough lol

It would be definitely a big step forward if the villagers would act like they did back in the older
days. I want cranky villagers be cranky, snooty villagers should be arrogant to me, lazy be sleepy
and so on. Like, why does it feels like they all acting similar in New Leaf even if they have different
personalities? Crankies are way too friendly, snooties acting sometimes like peppy villagers (at least
I have that feeling), honestly, it really bothers me.

Another thing that is getting lame is the dialogue. Back in Wild World, the dialogue had more variety
and the villagers didn't repeated their dialogue so often like they do it now in New Leaf. So I would
really like to see a dialogue with more variety again, villagers should talk more about about themselves
or their family, hobbies, I don't know, just don't let them repeat their dialogue so often. That would be
great.

What I also like to see are new personalities, more unique villager designs, a degree of difficulty when
it comes to friendships with the villager (like it's easier to become friends with a lazy villager then a
cranky for example) as well as more activity by the villagers (besides from fishing, shaking a tree etc.).

Ooh, there should definitely be more options for villagers. Yeah, I agree with you, the same personalities and phrases being repeated are really, really annoying because what’s the point on having villagers with the same personality if they’re gonna say the same thing? Like once, I had two cranky villagers (Wolfgang and Chief) in my town, and when they woke up they said the exact same thing. There has been a thread which talks about cooking in future AC games, and I really want that feature. It’s like so you can cook the food instead of having the useless ‘eat’ option in ACNL. I know this is a completely different game, but just like in BOTW, it’d be really cool if you can mix ingredients to have different outcomes of meals. And then maybe each villager could have a favourite meal so that you could cook for them and it’d be really fun!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooh, there should definitely be more options for villagers. Yeah, I agree with you, the same personalities and phrases being repeated are really, really annoying because what?s the point on having villagers with the same personality if they?re gonna say the same thing? Like once, I had two cranky villagers (Wolfgang and Chief) in my town, and when they woke up they said the exact same thing. There has been a thread which talks about cooking in future AC games, and I really want that feature. It?s like so you can cook the food instead of having the useless ?eat? option in ACNL. I know this is a completely different game, but just like in BOTW, it?d be really cool if you can mix ingredients to have different outcomes of meals. And then maybe each villager could have a favourite meal so that you could cook for them and it?d be really fun!

I agree^ the cranky and snooty villagers were watered down so much :( especially compared to the GameCube Animal Crossing!

Back