• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers for a cryptid/tourist town?

Cryptade

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
I'm finally gonna try and make a town with a theme and story and try to not restart again,,
I've always used the name "Cryptade" for my towns, but i didn't ever really go far with the theme.

So now I got a pretty good map and layout figured out. I got some PWPs i wanna use in mind and now I just need to figure out the residents. I'm also being flexable by including some things that might be considered mythological rather than cryptozoological and some stretches
If you want a better idea of my town I got a little backstory in my bio on my page if you want a better idea :0
I would have an ape for bigfoot since its an obvious one but i,,, dont really like the apes.

The ones I had in mind
Ruby and Pietro are staying, at least for the long run. bit of a long story for pietro but im fitting him in as a yknow,, a clown because tourist spots tend to have entertainers.
Ruby isn't too relevant to the theme but I've gotten attached and really like the idea behind her and her room. I might switch her out if theres a villager i like much better.

the rest of these are still subject to change
Rolf or Bianca - Maltese/Ennedi Tiger
Raddle - Loveland frog (i know theres probably other frogs that fit better but hes the only one i like honestly) plus why not have a doctor too and kill two birds with one stone
Phoebe - Thunderbird/Phoenix
Velma - Just as a little town investigation partner. Because yknow. Velma
Coco - She'd give the town a bit of a creepier feel despite not exactly fitting the theme as well
Stitches - Voodoo doll
One of the octopi - a huge stretch but maybe to be like a Giant squid? i dont care for this idea that much tho

Id love for any other suggestions for villagers and if you want even suggestions for the town in general? :0

tips for the town in general;;;
; when you finish it up for the dream suite you should have it at night during firefly season. it'll probably look really cool.
; make one of the houses/rooms kind of like a "theorist's" house or a ufologist/cryptozoologist. maybe w/ messy furniture, lots of books, a computer, bulletin boards, maybe stuff hanging up all over the wall, you feel? :D it seems to fit the character of your mayor.
; you might already have ideas for houses but one could be like a mystery house type thing w/ all the touristy stuff, haha.
; make it kind of foresty around the "bigfoot's" house ;)

i'll pop back in if i get more ideas lol

Cryptade sound's like a sports drink.
"After a long day of tracking moth men, I replenish with Organic Cryptade." *Opens bottle and takes a swig* "Drink Cryptade! For the taste you can't identify!" *twitches*

Kyle looks like one of those 'extinct' thylocenes from Australia.
I have no clue how to spell that. Or a shurkin-warkin from Montana. (?)(can't spell that either)

Here are some of my ideas:

An eagle villager for a thunderbird
A wolf for a werewolf (if they count)
Agnes for the Dartmoor Devil
Octavian would make a great kraken

if you're looking for a legit tourist, o'hare is literally a tourist bunny and is named after chicago's airport :')

Back