• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

tumblr ask the mayor questions :)

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
hi! there's an "ask the mayor" post going around the acnl side of tumblr right now, and after answering a bunch from asks, i thought it would be nice to post them here and have people answer them??

these can get kind of long, so instead of answering all 60 (!!!) questions, haha, how about post #1 answers question #1, post #2 answers question #2, etc. (post #s are in the upper right hand corner of a post, so just check the number of the person who posted last and answer the question of the next number) if this post exceeds 60 replies, #61 loops back to question #1, and everything cycles through again :)

(i hope this lasts because i'd love to get to know more of you :') also! if you want to ask me one through tumblr, i'm answering these all day here!)

1. what?s your favorite thing about your town(s)?
2. how often do you play? do you wish you could play more?
3. do you use path qrs? why or why not?
4. what is your #1 ac goal at the moment?
5. is there any part of game play you don?t participate in (fishing tourneys, filling the museum, villager favors)?
6. worst part of starting a new town?
7. best part of starting a new town?
8. do you still play your first town? if not, did you complete it, reset, etc.?
9. what?s your opinion of happy home designer?
10. new leaf, city folk, wild world, or population growing: which one do you like the most and why?
11. favorite perfect fruit?
12. favorite regular fruit?
13. favorite island fruit (mango, durian, lychee, coconut, banana)?
14. favorite emotion?
15. fav/least fav uchi pwp?
16. fav/least fav jock pwp?
17. fav/least fav smug pwp?
18. fav/least fav cranky pwp?
19. fav/least fav normal pwp?
20. fav/least fav lazy pwp?
21. fav/least fav peppy pwp?
22. fav/least fav snooty pwp?
23. what?s your favorite favor to do for a villager?
24. what?s your least favorite favor to do for a villager?
25. have you ever had an unexpected wifi move-in?
26. has a villager ever moved out on you without warning?
27. what?s your favorite way to adopt new villagers?
28. if you plot reset, how long was your longest resetting attempt?
29. who?s your most beloved villager? why?
30. is there a villager that you dislike or even despise? why?
31. list all the flower types from your fav to least fav!
32. is there a time of day you won?t or can?t play during in game?
33. what time of day do you usually play ac irl?
34. do you care about earning badges? if so, how many do you have?
35. what?s your favorite exhibit in the museum?
36. do you have any personal exhibits up in celeste?s part of the museum? if so, what do you use them for?
37. do you time travel? why or why not?
38. favorite piece of furniture overall?
39. favorite bug to catch?
40. favorite fish to catch?
41. favorite sea creature to dive for?
42. which bug/fish/sea creature was the hardest for you to catch?
43. what?s in your mayor?s inventory right now?
44. do you prefer to keep your house small or fully expanded?
45. which haircut is your favorite?
46. do you have the reset center built? why or why not?
47. opinion of an animal crossing for the wii u?
48. which npc are you the most similar to?
49. when your villagers write you, do you write back?
50. do you own any ac amiibo? if so, which ones? if not, are there any you want in the future?
51. most underrated villager species?
52. most overrated villager species?
53. what?s your opinion of tom nook?
54. do you prefer landscaping to interior design?
55. have you ever accidentally sold or thrown away an important item?
56. list your top 5 fav villagers!
57. is ac your favorite video game? if not, what is?
58. do you watch tv or listen to music while you play?
59. most aggravating aspect of animal crossing?
60. most relaxing aspect of animal crossing?

i'm #1, so here's my answer:
1) what's your favorite thing about your town(s)?
i only have one main town that i decorate nicely (my 2nd town is a cycling town so its a bit of a hot mess rn), but my favorite thing about mistvale is how i decorated it! i put a lot of effort into my interiors (mayor's house has an art classroom, plant conservatory, study, and fairy bedroom; there's an onsen house in town; and resident everly runs a magic school) and my town is stuffed full of flowers. i just think my town has been looking really nice lately :) also! i love all my current residents!! it'll be a bummer when some of them leave (bc i don't have a strict list of 10 dreamies and am really flexible about letting villagers leave), but for now i'm enjoying life with them!

Nice!

2. how often do you play? do you wish you could play more?

I play mostly daily, at the morning at Sundance and at night at Hangzhou (it's clock is a few hours ahead so my 10 PM is the next day 12AM in the game). When I can't play in both because there's not enough time, I choose one and pass the other one up for the day. Usually, adding up both, I play for 30-45 minutes a day.
I fell like my play time is just enough. :)

3. do you use path qrs? why or why not?

i use paths that i created myself. there are a ton of really cute paths out there but i prefer to use my own designs so my town is more personal :3

3. do you use path we codes? why or why not?

I have used them sparingly in past towns for paths (stepping stone type ones), but mostly I just make my own paths and clothing since it's one of the parts of the game I enjoy the most.

4. what is your #1 ac goal at the moment?
Earning my diving badges and filling the diving encyclopedia.

uh oh, looks like we got off track. i'll answer two to fix it

5. is there any part of game play you don’t participate in (fishing tourneys, filling the museum, villager favors)?

um there's some villager favors i don't do lol, i don't do the tourneys or bug offs anymore though i used to, i don't remember participating in the harvest festival last year, and though i'm able to do theme challenges w/ nooks i opted out :)

6. worst part of starting a new town?

having to unlock the shops again d:

7.best part of starting a new town?

I would say be able to start new like new villagers, a new town that hasn't been touched & being to place new pwps in places that dont look dumb XD (Ive done that a few times & its always like the cafe or something that cant be demolished.

8. do you still play your first town? if not, did you complete it, reset, etc.?

Nope, for my acnl town, it felt stale and I didn't have anything going for it so I reset it.

I had wild world but I got rid of it once acnl cane out because I just wanted to test out animal crossing before acnl came out

9. what’s your opinion of happy home designer?

it's fun!! i can only do about a house or two a session because otherwise i'll spend way too much time or my head starts to hurt lol

new leaf, city folk, wild world, or population growing: which one do you like the most and why?

New leaf ofc :) because more villagers,items, you can decorate your town like PWP as your Mayor etc. i like it a lot

Peaches! They are my town fruit, and at first I didn't like them. Then they grew on me, and I really like them now.

Banana. They are yellow. They are moons in the trees, and they are killer in smoothies.

14. favorite emotion?

Hard to say! I really like the proud pose, but the smile with little flowers is also very cute! Also the one where you do a twirl and little blue stars appear! It's difficult to choose >v<

15. fav/least fav uchi pwp?

My favorite is probably the windmill! It's very nice looking and fits almost any town theme imo
Least fav is the Geyser. It's just unsightly and takes forever to shoot the water stream up so it doesn't feel worth it to have it in town just to see that.

16. fav/least fav jock pwp?instrument box/ spotlights

1. what’s your favorite thing about your town(s)? The maps.
2. how often do you play? do you wish you could play more? ...I definitely don't wish I could play more.
3. do you use path qrs? why or why not? Yep, I'm too impatient for dirtpaths
4. what is your #1 ac goal at the moment? Finish my diving encyclopedia
5. is there any part of game play you don’t participate in (fishing tourneys, filling the museum, villager favors)? I don't care much for the tourney's, though I might try for the snail clock.
6. worst part of starting a new town? unlocking everything
7. best part of starting a new town? layout planning
8. do you still play your first town? if not, did you complete it, reset, etc.? Yes. (and my second and third towns)
9. what’s your opinion of happy home designer? I'm looking to buy it.
10. new leaf, city folk, wild world, or population growing: which one do you like the most and why? New leaf have the best game play but pop. growing had great, big maps, lotus, the dump and 15 villagers
11. favorite perfect fruit? Cherries
12. favorite regular fruit? Pear
13. favorite island fruit (mango, durian, lychee, coconut, banana)? Lychee
14. favorite emotion? sneeze and glee
15. fav/least fav uchi pwp? Geyser/ windmill
16. fav/least fav jock pwp?instrument box/ spotlights
17. fav/least fav smug pwp? none/none
18. fav/least fav cranky pwp? zen bell/ oil rig
19. fav/least fav normal pwp? outdoor chair/ fairy tail bench
20. fav/least fav lazy pwp? water pump, hammock/ balloon trellis
21. fav/least fav peppy pwp? illuminated heart/ arch statue
22. fav/least fav snooty pwp? illuminated arch/ tower
23. what’s your favorite favor to do for a villager? fetch fruit
24. what’s your least favorite favor to do for a villager? delivery/ go find so and so
25. have you ever had an unexpected wifi move-in? yes! like 4 in a row
26. has a villager ever moved out on you without warning? nope
27. what’s your favorite way to adopt new villagers? the forums
28. if you plot reset, how long was your longest resetting attempt? 6 minutes?
29. who’s your most beloved villager? why? enggg, Pekoe, Kyle or Diana, I started with them.
30. is there a villager that you dislike or even despise? why? Julian, freako
31. list all the flower types from your fav to least fav! Violet, jacobs ladder, lilly,carnation, tulip, pansey, rose, cosmo
32. is there a time of day you won’t or can’t play during in game? work, church sleep..
33. what time of day do you usually play ac irl? mid morning, late night
34. do you care about earning badges? if so, how many do you have? 28, including leveling up.
35. what’s your favorite exhibit in the museum? the fish
36. do you have any personal exhibits up in celeste’s part of the museum? if so, what do you use them for? Batman room, zelda room, storage and undecided
37. do you time travel? why or why not? yes, because I've had like 6 unwanted villagers move in bad spots.
38. favorite piece of furniture overall? peacock chair
39. favorite bug to catch? snail
40. favorite fish to catch? pop eyed goldfish
41. favorite sea creature to dive for? scallop
42. which bug/fish/sea creature was the hardest for you to catch? mole cricket....
43. what’s in your mayor’s inventory right now? fortune #54, pear, mini clankoid, red corner, dig-site wall, silver rod, santa beard, wizards cap, golden can, bright tee and silver shovel.
44. do you prefer to keep your house small or fully expanded? Medium, main room and basement fully expand, midway back and upstairs.
45. which haircut is your favorite? the bun
46. do you have the reset center built? why or why not? no, i saw no reason to have it.
47. opinion of an animal crossing for the wii u? yesssss
48. which npc are you the most similar to? Harvey?
49. when your villagers write you, do you write back? sometimes, if I remember
50. do you own any ac amiibo? if so, which ones? if not, are there any you want in the future? I have 11 cards.
51. most underrated villager species? ostrich
52. most overrated villager species? bunny
53. what’s your opinion of tom nook? eh, he's better now than in pop. growing.
54. do you prefer landscaping to interior design? no
55. have you ever accidentally sold or thrown away an important item? yes. T-T
56. list your top 5 fav villagers! Soliel,Diana, Kyle, Kid Cat, Gladys, Pekoe
57. is ac your favorite video game? if not, what is? I guess so, twilight princess and codename steam was pretty good
58. do you watch tv or listen to music while you play? I watch cooking shows and surf TBT
59. most aggravating aspect of animal crossing? tripping
60. most relaxing aspect of animal crossing? 2am music.

Last edited:
17. Favorite/least favorite Smug PWP?

My favorite is the Cube Sculpture. I realize it's not very popular, but I absolutely love the way it looks in Feldspar. My least favorite is probably the Sphinx. I don't hate it, but it doesn't seem very versatile. It'd only look good under very specific conditions.

18. Fav/least fav Cranky PWP?

Favorite: The Wooden Bridge, I really like the design of it.

Least favorite: The Zen Bench. Compare to the other benches, I don't like the look of this one.
Also, when I first saw it, I thought it would be a table with a tablecloth on it to be honest...

19) probably a tie between flower arch and trash can. The trash can is convenient, but the flower arch is pretty.
Least favorite is water fountain because we can't sip from it.

Last edited:
20. fav/least fav lazy pwp?

Favorite probably water pump. Least pile of pipes.

Back