The duck lover
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Winter Mittens
If a new villager personality was added to New Leaf, what would you like to see and why?

Personally, I'd love to see a villager that is very smart and nerdy as it'd be quite cute if all they talked about was made up theories etc.

What about you?

We already have tomboys, normal, peppy, and snooty for girls, while boys have Flamboyant, jock, lazy, and cranky.

How about Male villagers get Geek while females get Gamer

Geeks can love science and math and all that stuff, while gamer girls love video games. They could also make tons of references to other Nintendo games.

Last edited:
i like the idea of nerds!! tbh i think the nerds/geeks should be gender neutral, though i doubt they'd do that lol. it'd be nice to see them all be gender neutral but oh well!

maybe one could be like "adventurer" though i guess that's like uchi.

maybe an artistic villager! like how jocks are all about working out, artistic personalities could just talk about art all the time. idk lol!

the only thing about nerds though is that i feel like they should have an equal female counterpart, if it were given to male. bc then it'd kinda seem like that "only boys" can be nerdy or smart which! nope! it's good to have equal representation on that part. nerd + artist could easily fall into stereotypes which is fine but again, stereotypes lol.

I think NL definitely needs a new male and female personality type and I agree with the geeky ones. I doubt Nintendo will add anything else to the game at this point though, unfortunately. My hope is for the next game to have four new types—two for each gender. There are also plenty of current villagers that would adapt well to being geeky types. Doc for example would be better as that type.

Also, a tad off topic but how great would it be if the next game had a create-your-own animal villager that you can add to the mix? It would be an easy tool to create and provide us with a crazy amount of new villagers!

a new personality would mean a lot of new villagers and potential retconning of some older villagers into the new type. I kind of like the idea of a nerd personality type, but tbh I think the ones we have now are fairly all-encompassing.

I think NL definitely needs a new male and female personality type and I agree with the geeky ones. I doubt Nintendo will add anything else to the game at this point though, unfortunately. My hope is for the next game to have four new types—two for each gender. There are also plenty of current villagers that would adapt well to being geeky types. Doc for example would be better as that type.

Also, a tad off topic but how great would it be if the next game had a create-your-own animal villager that you can add to the mix? It would be an easy tool to create and provide us with a crazy amount of new villagers!

I can see your point about how certain villagers could suit the nerdy type.
I also believe Graham would also fit the role.
I can't really think of many female villagers that would at the moment but then the normal villagers do state that they like to read a lot of books and smug villagers can also have some nerdy hobbies if you get to know them well enough.

I can see your point about how certain villagers could suit the nerdy type.
I also believe Graham would also fit the role.
I can't really think of many female villagers that would at the moment but then the normal villagers do state that they like to read a lot of books and smug villagers can also have some nerdy hobbies if you get to know them well enough.

Right, that's why I don't think Nintendo would ever bother changing or adding anything to NL. For a future AC game however, I think that as the personalities continue to evolve they will have room for even more. Plus, it would provide us with more dialogue options, which is a big plus.

I want granny personality, you might say 'normals' but i disagree. Grannies are way more raunchy than normals. The thing with old people is, they think they can get away with anything, but their sense of humor is different from young people generally. So I think crankies are good for old men, and granny type would be more like a female version of cranky, perhaps a little kinder though. Snooty is not the female version of cranky, snooty is the female version of smug.

So basically I think it should be something like

Smug = Snooty
Cranky = Granny
Lazy = Peppy ( these are the childish types)
Jock = Uchi
Bookish = Normal

Bookish would be a kinda socially awkward type. Similar to the normal, but perhaps a little less helpful and more absorbed in their hobby to the detriment of their social life, and maybe the bookish will look up to the jock the way normals seem to look up to snooties.

Actually edit : Normal are already nerds :p

You listen to these gals talk? they're dorky lit nerds , nerds isn't just 'pop culture' or something like that lol

Last edited:
Smug's are pretty nerdy as well. They talk on and on about trains and how localized versions of manga are inferior to the original language. They're just pretentious hipster nerds.

For a new personality type I'd like to see a shy type? Someone who takes a while to even talk to you without being awkward. Sort of like a villager equivalent of Sable.

I don’t consider smugs flamboyant or nerdy in my mind they’re just British lol I like the sound of nerdy and gamers. But I had Derwin in my town and he was a pretty believable nerd even as a lazy. I can’t think of any on the spot, hippies? But then again Harvey kinda fills that role

Off topic but I encountered and caught a shiny Dialga on Alpha Sapphire while reading this thread ❤️

I don't know if this could work as a personality, but what about a "silly" type? Villagers, which a very
chaotic, doesn't take things that serious at all, making mostly fun of everyone and everything, also
known for making (un)funny jokes, big fans of Dr. Shrunk (I think that's self-explanatory), get along
well with peppy and lazy villagers and don't get along so well with cranky and snooty villagers (I could
imagine a cranky villager complain about how he get all the time tricked by silly villagers and how
annoying they are because of their jokes and behavior). Basically, they are like (bad) comedians,
kinda like a villager equivalent of Dr. Shrunk but "more humorous".

Love all these ideas already!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i like the idea of nerds!! tbh i think the nerds/geeks should be gender neutral, though i doubt they'd do that lol. it'd be nice to see them all be gender neutral but oh well!

maybe one could be like "adventurer" though i guess that's like uchi.

maybe an artistic villager! like how jocks are all about working out, artistic personalities could just talk about art all the time. idk lol!

the only thing about nerds though is that i feel like they should have an equal female counterpart, if it were given to male. bc then it'd kinda seem like that "only boys" can be nerdy or smart which! nope! it's good to have equal representation on that part. nerd + artist could easily fall into stereotypes which is fine but again, stereotypes lol.

I mean they "could" but A it's a game and B. I feel like that order was perfect already a huge gender gap between male and female players and in my opinion / experience females are much smarter IRL but maybe having 3 PHD holding female friends and all gamer male friends is just my bias

Last edited:
I want granny personality, you might say 'normals' but i disagree. Grannies are way more raunchy than normals. The thing with old people is, they think they can get away with anything, but their sense of humor is different from young people generally. So I think crankies are good for old men, and granny type would be more like a female version of cranky, perhaps a little kinder though. Snooty is not the female version of cranky, snooty is the female version of smug.

I think it would be really cool to see a granny villager complaining about youths and always offering to make you food, as my nan always loves to give people food. This could make them great friends with lazy villagers.

Back