• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask simple questions here

Can't make purchases. Many people would like to support the game financially.
interesting. i guess i didn't really think that you couldn't use american/european cards on an australian account. that makes total sense though! thanks for letting me know!! : p

Last edited:
Less of a question more of a tiny rant I'd rather not make a thread for.
I have the Guitar and the Drums and a Lamp and the animals will just stand there for a good 20 minutes clicking it every few moments and its the most annoying thing I've ever experienced.
APOLLO STOP MESSING WITH THE DAMN LAMP. xD

Do you know if save data is tied to the nintendo account, so it can be accessed on two different devices?

yea, I use it on my phone and my tablet, its tied to your Nintendo account~

- - - Post Merge - - -

As far as I'm aware, its an amenity, not furniture, which must mean it doesn't count under the "you can make all furniture regardless"
You unlock them as you level up but you can't build them unless you build the pre-requisite amenity.
so it doesn't matter which campsite you start with its all to do with leveling up and getting the crafting materials to make them haha
screenshot_20171027_190221_by_milk_and_eggs-dbrumos.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you guys accept every friend request you get? I've gotten a lot of them but there's only a few that I can identify as an actual user on this forum. I feel weird accepting random friend requests lol.

I usually just accept everyone give me more chances to get help in the quarry.
its not like they can talk to you or do anything to your campsite anyways.
besides if I find cute campsite layouts I like sharing them ; v;

Last edited:
Hey! I was wondering a few things.
1. Are those things you purchase in game necessary for a lot of fun things?
2. Is it a daily check in style game?
3. Does it have amiibo? (I wouldn't expect so but you never know)
4. Is there a lot to do in general?

Thank you!

Hey! I was wondering a few things.
1. Are those things you purchase in game necessary for a lot of fun things?
2. Is it a daily check in style game?
3. Does it have amiibo? (I wouldn't expect so but you never know)
4. Is there a lot to do in general?

Thank you!

1. do you mean like camping furniture?
if so then yes, you need own specific furniture to invite a villager to your campsite,
and you need to be friend villagers to unlock more furniture and villagers.

2. Like a daily log in item thing? there are two going on at the moment.
but the game its self is real time based, I think villagers you've unlocked circle the areas every 3 hours.

3. no amiibo (as of yet?) but doubtful they will add NFC capabilities.
because not all phones can handle it and would be a possible unfair advantage.

4. Yes in the aspect that you need to collect items for villagers to get materials to make items and stuff.
but also that when you have your crafting window full you can be a loss for things to do. but like I said before villagers cycle every 3 hours giving you new villagers to do quests for and stuff.

(not sure if any of that is understandable)

Can I change my region to America on release?
looking in the settings there doesn't seem to be a way to change your region, but that may be because there aren't any other regions to change to yet.

gotta do all the sports amenities.

Sport Tent LVL3 > Half Pipe (Skate Rink) LVL 5 > Swimming Pool
Can I have the swimming pool while having the natural tent at the same time? I hate the sports theme but am a fan of the pool.

Can I have the swimming pool while having the natural tent at the same time? I hate the sports theme but am a fan of the pool.

yepyep I currently have the Picnic Rug (Natural) and the Tree Swing (Cute)
you can remove them once you upgrade them but you need to upgrade them to unlock the next stage
edit: you need to have them placed to upgrade them

Last edited:
Is it possible to play this game on a kindle or is it iPhone only?

I'm playing on a Kindle Fire now. All you have to do is follow the instructions here to install Google play. It only takes a few minutes.

how-to-install-google-play-on-fire-tablets-in-5-minutes

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do I unlock the swimming pool amenity?

First would need to build the sporty tent (12 hours), then upgrade it to level 3 (level 2 is immediate, level 3 takes another 12 hours). This unlocks the skate ramp. You need to build this, then upgrade it to level 5. This will *finally* unlock the swimming pool.

I'm working on upgrading the ramp now. It will take many days (48 hours to build the ramp initially) then 4 more upgrades. Yikes!!

I'll let you know how many days it takes to build the pool once I start it.

Once I finish the pool, I'll use the second amenity spot to build the other 3 tents and their 2nd and 3rd level amenities. This is sort of necessary as a campers friendship score is maxed at certain levels until you build their corresponding amenity.

Last edited:
Can the different themes for the tents and amenities be swapped around once you've built them? I'm currently just having a natural theme, but I'll do all of them in turn as long as you don't have to start from scratch each time.

if i change the region on my nintendo account can i change it back to my original one later when it releases in the uk? and will i still have my save data?

Can the different themes for the tents and amenities be swapped around once you've built them? I'm currently just having a natural theme, but I'll do all of them in turn as long as you don't have to start from scratch each time.

Once you complete a tent or amenity you can put it away in your storage and take it back out whenever you want it. You don't have to demolish and rebuild - thank goodness!

Once you complete a tent or amenity you can put it away in your storage and take it back out whenever you want it. You don't have to demolish and rebuild - thank goodness!

Thank you, that's a relief!

It's making more sense now I have over eight animals and now have the option to swap them out.

Which animal coordinates with the rest of the modern set? I have the first 3/4, but who unlocks the rest?

Back