• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask simple questions here

What are sparkle stones for?? I keep getting them but I have no idea what they're for.. I'm level 24 atm so maybe it has to do with my level? but idk lol

What are sparkle stones for?? I keep getting them but I have no idea what they're for.. I'm level 24 atm so maybe it has to do with my level? but idk lol

It's used to craft a few pieces of furniture. Mainly the special items that villagers request at 10 or 15 but there a few other things that require sparkle stones like wallpapers and flooring for inside your camper. They're hard to come by so use them sparingly.

What's the best way to get more cotton? I'm forever short on cotton and wondering if there's any good ways to get more...

What's the best way to get more cotton? I'm forever short on cotton and wondering if there's any good ways to get more...

Personally, I think the best way to get any materials either essences or crafting mats is to invite them to your campsite and talk to them every 3 hours. I get around 13-30 crafting materials plus 3-6 essences, if I am lucky. In addition. If you want to receive more crafting materials, you have to raise your friendship lvl.
You can use this chart to figure out which campers give cotton https://i.redd.it/swlz19x0wi801.jpg

Personally, I think the best way to get any materials either essences or crafting mats is to invite them to your campsite and talk to them every 3 hours. I get around 13-30 crafting materials plus 3-6 essences, if I am lucky. In addition. If you want to receive more crafting materials, you have to raise your friendship lvl.
You can use this chart to figure out which campers give cotton https://i.redd.it/swlz19x0wi801.jpg

Adding to this. You want the animals out of your campsite just before everyone moves. If they show up in the world, you do their requests, then invite them back to your campsite. Kick them out again before the next move and repeat.

Adding to this. You want the animals out of your campsite just before everyone moves. If they show up in the world, you do their requests, then invite them back to your campsite. Kick them out again before the next move and repeat.

Ahh I thought there'd be some sort of chart to which animals give out what, that's very helpful. Thanks for your advice guys I'll try those things ^^

Isn't that screwed up now with the game choosing only a certain number of animals you can talk to in camp?

Isn't that screwed up now with the game choosing only a certain number of animals you can talk to in camp?
Not if you only host animals of the same essence and rotate animals/essences as needed. Right now I have all 'Rustic' villagers at my camp and will replace them with 'Sporty' ones when my rustic essence supply goes back up.

Last edited:
When will Pocket Camp come to Amazon appstore?
I have a kindle device and don't have access to Android Google Play

Not if you only host animals of the same essence and rotate animals/essences as needed. Right now I have all 'Rustic' villagers at my camp and will replace them with 'Sporty' ones when my rustic essence supply goes back up.

I need cool essence so I’m going to try it out.

How many animals can you host at your campsite at once? I am trying to figure out which ones I want to invite next.

8 is the maximum number of campers you can invite to your campsite.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if, in the Rover's Garden Safari event, you have to harvest the flowers after they have had a butterfly visit? I don't know whether to harvest all my older plants! :(

Also, none of my Red Dahlias have any butterflies?!

Does anybody know if, in the Rover's Garden Safari event, you have to harvest the flowers after they have had a butterfly visit? I don't know whether to harvest all my older plants! :(

I think you have to cross breed the dahlias in order for them to have butterflies. The plant with butterflies has a + at the end of the name. That's what I noticed so far, not sure if I'm right or wrong.

I'd harvest most of them but leave a couple in your garden so if anyone visits they can share some butterflies with you. Once the flowers bloom, no other butterflies will go to them, unless someone else visits your garden and shares them with you. Also, not all the flowers will attract butterflies when they bloom and the ones with "+" sign just means that they bloom faster almost immediately.
At least that's what I've experienced so far...

feel free to send me a friend request tho, I can share some butterflies with you

It clearly states that the dahlias canNOT be cross pollinated.

I leave a few flowers blooming all the time so my friends can give me butterflies.

Once your Dahlia blooms, the butterfly stays on it until you catch it.

I'm also curious to find out whether you get a maximum of only one butterfly per flower. I've had flowers planted all day and so far it appears that this may be the case. It would make sense, because if butterflies kept appearing on blooms, why else would you want to collect more dahlia flower seeds?

Hey anybody know whether the odds are better to catch all butterflies at once or one at a time?

Sorry I don't have an answer for the previous question, but I was wondering if it's possible to get more than one of the same Rover task items? My friend saw that there's more than one Rover screen in some of the promo images, so he thinks it should be possible to have more than one.

Back