• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask simple questions here

Then how did I get to level 7 with Phoebe twice? I got her shirt twice and everything. I'm pretty confused.

Does linking to a Nintendo Account increase the stutter you get when you complete a request, talk to a villager, or catch a rare creature? It became a lot more noticeable after doing so, and after restarting my cellphone to see if that might fix it I had a bit of false hope that the problem was resolved until I went to check My Nintendo and discovered that I wasn't actually connected to the server.

It could just be server issues, I imagine. I'm very new to this game, so I wouldn't know for sure if this is just something that happens sometimes or if it's actually correlated. Just odd enough timing for me to be curious.

Last edited:
So I reached level 10 with Goldie. She requested a harpsichord so I crafted it and placed it in my camp. I spoke to her and she thanked me or whatever, but I'm still stuck at level 10 with her?

am I missing something lol?

edit: NVM I JUST REALISED I NEED TO CRAFT THE PICNIC AMENITY AH

Last edited:
If I craft the very first natural amenity, 5 points will be given to everyone present at the campsite right? But what if some natural guy was maxed at level 7, would the friendship cap go up before the points are given, or would the points be given first, and thus wasted on him?

I think only 5 or 6 campers in your campsite will get the points reward, not all 8 campers. The game will increase the lvl cap before giving out 5 points reward. So you won’t waste your points on Natural campers.

I have noticed sometimes I randomly get bell gifts from friends. How do you give bells to a friend?

SmartSelectImage_2017-12-14-21-43-49.jpg

If every villager gives you two sparkle stones as they level up and you use those stones to craft their custom furniture, where can you get sparkle stones for the other items like wallpapers and rugs that require them? I?ve never seen them in the quarry, and I don?t remember receiving more than 2 from any villager. Will I have to use leaf tickets for these?

You can complete the quest, special events , and increase your campers friendship to 20 which give you 1 sparkle stone along with their picture.

Has anyone built the merry go round yet? If so, when does it make music? Mine made no music until I put the whole amenity away and then replaced it.

Last edited:
Has anyone built the merry go round yet? If so, when does it make music? Mine made no music until I put the whole amenity away and then replaced it.

I think it is a bug, my merry go round used to play music every time I stood nearby. However ever since the new update, my merry go round also stops playing music and I also have to do same thing to reset it.

Thanks! I will hope for a new quest while I slowly work toward Level 20. I’m glad to know that the game will eventually provide all the resources I need without resorting to spending real money.

If every villager gives you two sparkle stones as they level up and you use those stones to craft their custom furniture, where can you get sparkle stones for the other items like wallpapers and rugs that require them? I’ve never seen them in the quarry, and I don’t remember receiving more than 2 from any villager. Will I have to use leaf tickets for these?

Campers give a sparkle stone at level 20 when they give their picture. Also sparkle stones have been given as rewards for goals and log in bonuses.

So you'll actually get 3 stones per camper.

Has anyone discovered a good way to get essence? I'm trying to upgrade my amenities and coming across essence is pretty difficult. Any tips?

My tip is to invite as many campers that give the type of essences you need as possible and talk to them every 1-2 hours. In addition, if you no longer need candy cane, try the quarry, especially when it is sparkling.

Hi all. New to the forum. I tried, but I couldn't read all Q/A's.
My quick question: has anyone ever used any rare fish/insect for anything?

I mean, do animals ask you to give any of them?
Thanks.

Villagers have occasionally asked me for moderately rare things like the red snapper or dynstad beetle, but not ones like jewel beetle or football fish. I think you can just sell them.

I have a question. I have a level 3 cool tent. If I make a new amenity in that spot, can I just place the cool tent back there later or would I have to buy it again? Like are amenities you made unlocked in your inventory like furniture you made is?

Back