• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask simple questions here

I have a few questions...

- Is there hourly music? Or, is it just one looping song? Is it relaxing?
I think it’s the same hourly music as in New Leaf (or it’s at least so close that I fail to notice a difference).

- Does the game use haptic feedback? Perhaps as fruit falls to the ground, or as a fish are tugging?
No.

- Can you go inside the tents? If not now, is that something that you build up to or are they just decoration?
No, they are just decorations. However, villagers can interact with them.

- Do the little mobile shops 'in town' close, or are they open all the time?
They are open all day and night and the items they sell change every six hours at 1 and 7 o’clock.

- Does the campsite have the ability to expand, or is the size fixed regardless of level?
It’s fixed for now. However, you can expand your camper.

- Has it rained yet? I know it's too early for snow, but was wondering if there are weather changes.
No, some villagers even make remarks about the constant perfect weather.

- Is there any kind of free roaming play? Like, can you just wander, fish, collect shells and fruit without tasks popping up?
Of course. You can roam freely and simply ignore the villager’s requests and goals.

- Does the game save automatically, or do you need to save before exiting?
It saves automatically.

Last edited:
Not sure about the music, it annoyed me so I turned it off in the settings menu, something I wish regular Animal Crossing had an option to do!

No haptic feedback on my Kindle Fire, not sure about phones.

You can't go inside tents or interact with amenities at all, but the animals interact with them. You need to build amenities to increase max friendship levels with villagers.

The market place never closes but it rotates every 6 hours. With each rotation there are 3 pieces of furniture and 3 items of either clothes, shoes or accessories.

You can expand your RV but not your camp.

There is no rain or even cloudy days. Sunny all the time!

You can collect bugs, fish, shells, and fruit at your leisure.

The game saves automatically.

Add me: 4875 5174 565

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for answering my questions! Since this is a brand new game, perhaps this soft release in Australia was just to test the waters and get some early real use feedback. Hopefully the result will be an already updated app (with more features) when it's rolled out to the rest of the world. It looks great as it is, though!

I've reached the max level with almost all the villagers that aren't "natural" so I want to replace my natural (level 3) tent with a cute or cool tent temporarily, but I was wondering, when I replace it again with the original natural tent, will it still be level 3, or will it be level 1, and I'll have to upgrade it twice again?

Once you upgrade, then you've upgraded permanently. Plus, you'll be able to level up further even without the amenity remaining.

Thank goodness!

Any idea of how long do I have to wait for the reward from shovel strike quarry to change?

Does k.k. sliders question at the beginning do anything?

I'm pretty sure it just affects the clothes you're wearing as well as the villager you start with and the order you unlock the rest of the villagers.

What is the system requirements?
I downloaded and crashed, then I updated my device and only got the start up screen, but crashed again.

how many villagers can we have at our camp at a time? and then what do we do if we want a different villager with us? can you request someone leave? what's the deal with all that.

Not sure if this has been answered, is there a maximum for the amount of friends you can add?

If so, what is it? I want to add everyone on the Friends ID list sticky, but not if there's a tight limit.

Is the theme one chooses in the beginning changeable or no? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does k.k. sliders question at the beginning do anything?
K.K's questions just seem like general questions and basically for one to choose on their preferences, Isabelle's seems to have more priority as hers determine your starter villager and beginning furniture(Either Apollo, Goldie, Rosie, and Jay(they are all the same but choosing "cool", "cute", "natural", and "sporty" shows who you bond with first. Then furniture is also always the same but the things shown with the villager is what you get with them early.)

Last edited:
how many villagers can we have at our camp at a time? and then what do we do if we want a different villager with us? can you request someone leave? what's the deal with all that.

Once you get a little into the game, past the tutorial I think, theres an option to send campers home. Once you invite them once you can send them away and call them back as you please! On the right side of the screen theres a small cat icon, you can click it to do this, you can have 8 campers at once as well. Then you just click on the camper you want to send away, or you click on a plus symbol to ask someone to come back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not sure if this has been answered, is there a maximum for the amount of friends you can add?

If so, what is it? I want to add everyone on the Friends ID list sticky, but not if there's a tight limit.

I'd like an answer here as well... I currently have 10 friends so I'm not sure.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is the theme one chooses in the beginning changeable or no? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

K.K's questions just seem like general questions and basically for one to choose on their preferences, Isabelle's seems to have more priority as hers determine your starter villager and beginning furniture(Either Apollo, Goldie, Rosie, and Jay(they are all the same but choosing "cool", "cute", "natural", and "sporty" shows who you bond with first. Then furniture is also always the same but the things shown with the villager is what you get with them early.)

It isn't, but its not too important. It just decides what set of furniture you get to start but you can craft all of the items from overy set available in the beginning right away if you want to completely change!

Back