• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Butterfly advice

Dedre

Bells
Hey! So one of my villagers just asked for a butterfly and it is night time where I am. I know some other bugs are considered to be butterflies. Does anyone know any?

No. Get one from the island daytime tours.
I think it's awful keeping something in a cage or tank, so I never catch anything for my villagers.

You can catch a emperor butterfly at the island from 8 pm and all night on~ it'll take a trip there, though, so I normally deny if they ask at night. >v<

All butterflies are day-flying except the emperor, which is not found in town at this time of year. You'll have to go to the island and catch either the emperor butterfly there (at night), or visit an international island/day tour and catch another one there.

Why international?
Tours are daytime at night on your own island. I'm there now at 8 PM, catching butterflies in the ore hunting tour. Broad daylight.

Last edited:
Yeah, a good way to get one in my opinion would either be from doing daytime tours on the island or just catching an emperor butterfly, also on the island.

No. Get one from the island daytime tours.
I think it's awful keeping something in a cage or tank, so I never catch anything for my villagers.

.....:/ they're pixels......but your heart's in the right place.

I know, but my moral conscience doesn't get swept under the carpet just because it's a game.

Thank you all for the advice. I do not have access to the island yet because I JUST restarted. I know the moth is acceptable as the butterfly and was wondering if other insects were as well.

I ended up going to my friend's town and it worked out.

I only keep goldfish, personally, because all the other cages look boring and the goldfish bowls look so cuuute. :blush:

Back